Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t
Well well well, what have we here?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

DarkAvenger211 posted:

How the hell do I remove stuff off my ship in easy build mode? I've slapped so many cargo boxes I go too slow but now I don't know how to pop them back off :/

Equip welder, hold right click on part to remove

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t
Weld enough of those slot machines together and maybe you’ll have something, mister

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

Minclark posted:

I am still new to this game but wanted to drop a line and say hello.

The sheer amount of stuff to do in this game (that works) is awesome.. side note there are still bugs.

enable lifeline!

Hi ho!

Right now it seems the place to be is the public test server, where they’ve been testing capital ships. I haven’t been keeping tabs with them other than that.

Personally I am waiting for there to be more salvage / recovery and support roles. Our Top Goons can shred up a ship in seconds, but there’s a ton of downtime because they lack the resources repair or rearm. One support ship can cover multiple attack ships, and maybe recover a ship that was hit by a planet.

It’s this gameplay that keeps my interest. I’m looking forward to capital ships for the same reason. I’m hoping the devs don’t gently caress up and a lot of goons come back so we can’t get back to what’s important: making pubbies cry.

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

Ynglaur posted:

I'll admit, this game lost me when my newbie ship ran out of fuel and the refueling stations didn't seem to do anything.

It comes four extra fuel rods in the back, and the refueling stations only refill propellant. You need power to run all the systems, and power and propellant to actually fire your thrusters.

Refuel stations can recharge batteries, but you are better off using YOLOL to automatically regulate your generators. Either way you have to connect your ship’s port to a station’s port. The newbie ship has its port set as a two connection by default, so you may have attempted this back when they were particularly buggy.

It’s worth learning crafting just up to making your own rods and tanks, since that will let you refill them with magic rocks and ice, respectively.

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

cmdrk posted:

so I guess they pushed out a patch last month

https://forum.starbasegame.com/threads/ea-update-8-2-2022-early-access-build-789.2984/

this game seems completely fuckin' dead though. what stops yall from playing? i ask only because i have no loving motivation myself

It just does not have any real content beyond mining and building ships - to haul more ore to build more ships. There’s a lot of good stuff there that has no real purpose (I legit love designing and testing ships, but I want to make support vessels to repair and rearm fighter ships)

They seem to have focused on the play test server, and supposedly will have capital ships and other stuff that will make multiplayer more exciting. I’ll be happy to play again when that day comes.

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t
gently caress it, I'm down to do a dive back in one of these evenings if anyone wants to tag along. Maybe something salvageable there.

They nerfed down PvP terribly but there was so much potential! I really enjoyed designing support and salvage ships to support goon piracy (both for and against)

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t
Starbase.

Darling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

kaffo posted:

Do you think with resumed development of the game we'll all still get banned from the official discord for saying "computer"?

Can’t know until we try!

FreeWifi!! posted:

I still cant figure out how the hell to better control my spaceship in this game..

Are you flying a stock (preprogrammed) ship or are you trying to program it yourself? You can control it manually with levers or directly with a keyboard