Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
another game with crybaby shameless devs who heavily censor their forums?

count me in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

Minorkos posted:

Maybe they're banking on a 60 dollar price tag to make cheating too expensive to bother with. Like you can cheat a couple of times, but then you'll get banned and you'll be out 60 dollars. Though that doesn't offer much consolation when the hacker blows up a fleet that people spent hundreds of hours on. There could also be a ton of ways to cheat that aren't completely obvious to everyone else, like duplicating materials without anyone noticing.

I guess we can only hope that the game is more like Gmod Spacebuild than EVE Online when it comes to people taking it seriously

One of the best deterrents to cheating is having a hefty price-tag, getting a basic anti-cheat service (EAC/Battleye), and having (at least) several people actually investigating manual reports.

The first scares away 80%+ of would be cheaters, the second deters 80%+ of those remaining cheaters, and the last one gets rid of 95%+ of people who aren't capable of subtlety, making only the most subtle of cheaters able to exist and giving the illusion that there are zero in the game's universe.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

logged in, game went down to less than 1 fps when two ships collided, and it stayed like that till i restarted the game

literally unplayable in fights.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

Comrayn posted:

Yes and also say absolutely nothing bad about it ever.

pretty standard way of running some meme crowdfunded game that hardly works as advertised

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

same

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

yikes

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

Back Hack posted:

You don’t touch the poop water.

if they can't even begin to forsee the most basic horrible repercussions of a change like this then the game is as good as dead. the developers have ZERO idea of what's going on

which sucks because this is a game i was actually interersted in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

devs are garbage brains