Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
I've ate there twice and both times the chicken was soggy and the fries limp and undercooked

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
CFA rules but the pickles are meh and Wendy’s spicy chicken is better.

That Polynesian sauce though got drat.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

TheBizzness posted:

CFA rules but the pickles are meh and Wendy’s spicy chicken is better.

That Polynesian sauce though got drat.

Good news, they're about to start selling it by the bottle along with Chick Fil A Sauce

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/chick-fil-sell-bottles-its-sauce-help-fund-employee-scholarships-n1155711

edit: in May. In Florida. In some locations. Lol

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Their chicken is "ok" and I can't stand people who have been fooled into thinking they are eating health food as they eat their FRIED CHICKEN SANDWICH ON A BUTTERED BUN.

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

who thinks fried chicken is a health food???

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

I like Popeye’s food a little better, and Wendy’s in a different way- but guess who has the cleanest store, nicest people, and strictest social distancing protocol?

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I drove all the way to CFA today with a free Spicy Deluxe on my app before I remembered it was Sunday.

Devastating.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

TheAardvark posted:

Good news, they're about to start selling it by the bottle along with Chick Fil A Sauce

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/chick-fil-sell-bottles-its-sauce-help-fund-employee-scholarships-n1155711

We got two bottles today at Publix. I’m more of a Dairy Queen barbecue sauce guy, but the family likes it.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
No bottles yet but you can get the sauces in 8 oz tubs from the drive thru now

https://thechickenwire.chick-fil-a.com/food/love-chick-fil-a-sauces-8-ounce-containers-now-available-for-purchase

thetan_guy42
Oct 15, 2016

murdera

Lipstick Apathy
cfa is good in the way that soaking anything in melted butter is. they're buns are sopping wet and so is the chicken, and at some point they started putting like 2 pickles on the sandwich. the pickles themselves are limp compared to similar crinkle cuts like on the popeyes sandwich. and the waffle fries are good basically for the drive home until they get starchy and inedible. ill still eat a spicy sandwich(no fries) in a pinch or if there's a sporting event promo because im not very picky at all but lets be real about why people like it

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
CFA is a restaurant where unless I’m in an incredible hurry, I just eat in the dining room while my fries are hot and fresh and so I can take infinity wet naps as I effortlessly spill Polynesian sauce all over myself.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
Just picked up the 8 oz tub of chik fil a sauce with my breakfast and it has an expiration date of 6 days from now. That can't possibly be right, can it? I use packets from there months and months after I get them.

The Breakfast Sampler
Jan 1, 2006

TheAardvark posted:

Just picked up the 8 oz tub of chik fil a sauce with my breakfast and it has an expiration date of 6 days from now. That can't possibly be right, can it? I use packets from there months and months after I get them.

that seems like a lot to get through in just under a week, but I believe in you! (that seems wrong to me, but I have no idea.)

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Bust Rodd posted:

CFA is a restaurant where unless I’m in an incredible hurry, I just eat in the dining room while my fries are hot and fresh and so I can take infinity wet naps as I effortlessly spill Polynesian sauce all over myself.

There is never anywhere to sit or even stand at the CFA near me. Its so drat crowded.

A Loud Fart
Sep 9, 2011
That's intentional, CFA's are placed to maximize sales for the franchisee (And CFA), without restaurant overlap. This is also good because you need a poo poo load of money, up front, to land a franchise. I learned this second hand from a previous employer who applied for a franchise, and didn't have the money/didn't meet some standards CFA required.

Fil-A biscuits are the best, and were comfort food during a rough stretch I was going through. Chicken biscuit with mayo, bacon and egg biscuit with grape jam, and hash brown rounds.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

What should I get for breakfast tomorrow, I'm thinking chicken biscuit and bacon egg and cheese muffin.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
Get the Chicken Minis. The yeast rolls and butter they use are insanely good. Since they don't have the spicy chicken at breakfast here I don't bother with the biscuits.

DreamingofRoses
Jun 27, 2013
Nap Ghost
Welp, Chick-fil-A corporate are a bunch of cop apologists now. Time to find a new place.

https://twitter.com/RCrcamoV/status/1269451261646004225?s=20

“Back the blue” my rear end.

Burden
Jul 25, 2006

https://www.southernthing.com/a-wom...2646904180.html

Banjo Bones
Mar 28, 2003

I remember the food being acceptable but was creeped out by how their employees are trained to say "It's my pleasure to serve you, sir!" like some 1950s bondage fetish roleplaying poo poo.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I’ve been eating their Mac and Cheese a lot, it’s good

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
I'd take almost any chicken place before chick-fil-a. I only eat it becuase my wife likes it. If I had my way all CFAs would be replace with Popeyes.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
They have the best fries in any fast food place I've ever been to. Arby's is good with their curly fries and McDonald's, obviously, but the ones I've had from them have always been salted perfectly.

----------------

Naz al-Ghul
Mar 23, 2014

Honorarily Japanese
Why be homophobic at Chick-fil-A when you could have gay sex at Popeyes?

In all seriousness Popeyes is the supreme chicken place and I cannot see anyone making anything better that is simultaneously fast food.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I’m bisexual and I like Waffle Fries. Yeah guess this is Hell.

Popeye’s sucks, all crisp no meat.

----------------

zaepg
Dec 25, 2008

by sebmojo

DreamingofRoses posted:

Welp, Chick-fil-A corporate are a bunch of cop apologists now. Time to find a new place.

Shrug.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chick-fil-A_and_LGBT_people
I just stuff my fat piehole with delicious chicken.

----------------

zaepg fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Sep 14, 2020

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
chick-fil-a has a spicy grilled chicken sandwich now as an LTO

https://thechickenwire.chick-fil-a.com/food/introducing-the-grilled-spicy-deluxe

Tried it. Really good, but grilled chicken sandwiches are one of my favorite things so I might be biased.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yn8KfYOOEuc

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

----------------

poll plane variant
Jan 12, 2021

by sebmojo
What's up with the hype for this place there's one every six feet with a line around the block now and I went to see this new amazing cfa yesterday and it's the same as it was in the 90s

----------------

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Chick Fil A is way overhyped and yeah, there is always a huge line for some reason. Their chicken sandwiches are worse than most other places like popeye's by a longshot. And they have like 4 main items on the menu. I truly don't understand it. Their waffle fries are excellent though. Best fries of the fast food genre.

----------------

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
I’ll say this, at every other fast food place I’ve ever been to I’ve gotten a bad version of whatever I’m ordering. soggy fries, cold burger, lovely nugs, etc. everything I ever get from chick fil a has been the best version of what they do. their consistency is unmatched in the industry in my experience

----------------

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

lol ok yeah gonna change the world by not eating a chicken sandwich you got me man

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

DreamingofRoses posted:

Chuds buy chicken sandwiches too.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

indigi posted:

I’ll say this, at every other fast food place I’ve ever been to I’ve gotten a bad version of whatever I’m ordering. soggy fries, cold burger, lovely nugs, etc. everything I ever get from chick fil a has been the best version of what they do. their consistency is unmatched in the industry in my experience

This is a good point, they are insanely consistent on a level McDonald's only dreams of.

I guess In-N-Out has that consistency too? And they write Jesus poo poo on their drink cups so they have that in common too, though AFAIK they're less dicks about it.

I guess fast food is best from religious fanatics, maybe ISIS needs to sidestep into making a better version of Taco Bell.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

sean10mm posted:

This is a good point, they are insanely consistent on a level McDonald's only dreams of.

I guess In-N-Out has that consistency too? And they write Jesus poo poo on their drink cups so they have that in common too, though AFAIK they're less dicks about it.

I guess fast food is best from religious fanatics, maybe ISIS needs to sidestep into making a better version of Taco Bell.

Kebab-Karaz-a-la

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

Aardvark! posted:

I saw it at H-E-B this week in Texas.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous cumhead!

tetsuo
May 12, 2001

I am a shaman, magician

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Chick Fil A is way overhyped and yeah, there is always a huge line for some reason. Their chicken sandwiches are worse than most other places like popeye's by a longshot. And they have like 4 main items on the menu. I truly don't understand it. Their waffle fries are excellent though. Best fries of the fast food genre.
Chick-fil-a sauce, Polynesian sauce and the Sriracha one are all top tier imo. And the consistency thing mentioned above. It's never an 8 or higher out of 10 but never below a 6.

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn

Pennywise the Frown posted:

tetsuo posted:

Chick-fil-a sauce, Polynesian sauce and the Sriracha one are all top tier imo. And the consistency thing mentioned above. It's never an 8 or higher out of 10 but never below a 6.

Popeyes can't be included in any numerical grading of quality, because you either get what you asked for, or there's some kind of NaN not a number null point reference or stack overflow or divide by zero error; the entire building reboots while you are at the window, and then you are given an order that is not only "something you did not order" but it is also something that nobody else in the past 3 hours OR 3 hours into the future has/will have ordered.

Sometimes the abyss stares back, and it screams a bunch of items into existence in the Popeyes order ticket queue system. And you get the leavings of chaos, instead of what you asked for.

Do not seek an answer. Only madness lies on that path.

One time I ordered (and paid for) a 3 piece tender w/ rice and beans and a drink; but instead I got a 15 piece tender and 4 biscuits.

Sure. Okay.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

Previa_fun posted:

lol ok yeah gonna change the world by not eating a chicken sandwich you got me man

whoa look at this guy bringing up POLITICS

----------------

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

OMGVBFLOL posted:

whoa look at this guy bringing up POLITICS