Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sand maggot
Jan 3, 2020

#2 with onions and animal fries is second to none in fast food.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
had in n out today for lunch. just got a burger no fries the fries indeed

Suck poo poo

klosterdev
Oct 10, 2006

Na na na na na na na na Batman!
did you hear about the Secret-Secret menu, you can actually order fries that are good

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

The burgers are better than most national fast food chains. The chains that have better burgs are significantly more expensive. Thats why In-N-Out is good. Hth.

terminal chillness
Oct 16, 2008

This baby is off the charts
Get the fries well done. They're still not great but at least they're crispy

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
they still suck just get another burger

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Whole grilled onions please.

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.
Trash burgers.

Even worse fries.

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

"You'll never know if you can fly unless you take the risk of falling."
4 x 4 - Peppers, Onions, Mustard Patty
Animal Style Fries
Root Beer Float (Root Beer + Vanilla Shake), sometimes I like to be the awkard weirdo who requests chocolate inside it.

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k
I haven't come across anyone who likes their fries and I'm not sure why they make zero effort to improve them.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
went to in-n-out in LA once after years of hype

it was alright

slightly above average for a fast food burger, but that’s it

the acclaim baffles me

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

The burgers are better than most national fast food chains. The chains that have better burgs are significantly more expensive. Thats why In-N-Out is good. Hth.

It's this. It's cheap fast food that tastes more like it's real food. It's not actually a great burger in absolute terms, it's just a noticeable jump in overall quality from say McDonalds or even (IMO) Wendy's.

terminal chillness
Oct 16, 2008

This baby is off the charts

Escobarbarian posted:

went to in-n-out in LA once after years of hype

it was alright

slightly above average for a fast food burger, but that’s it

the acclaim baffles me

It's cheap.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Its hyped up because people remember 20 years ago when there weren't as many of them open, and there were fewer chain burger options. Supposedly all the stores are within one days delivery drive from where the ingredients are sourced so its all fresh and you won't get sad lettuce or whatever.
Nowadays we have Habit (slightly more expensive but you have to like charbroiled), Super Duper (way more expensive and bay area only), BurgerIM (might be closing?), and Five Guys (more expensive). Theres just more places to compare it to now.

Piso Mojado
Aug 6, 2013

Resting Lich Face posted:

Trash burgers.

Even worse fries.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

2DCAT posted:

I haven't come across anyone who likes their fries and I'm not sure why they make zero effort to improve them.

It's because they cut and fry whole potatoes on site. What you are tasting is actual potato. :monocle:

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Pawn 17 posted:

It's because they cut and fry whole potatoes on site. What you are tasting is actual potato. :monocle:

The company probably figures that the time taken to double fry them is too much of a loss, considering how busy they are. The fries still suck though.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

e: nm, sticking to fast food talk!

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
went to the vegas one and by god it was awful

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
BUNCH OF WATABURGER FANS IN HERE I CAN TELL! I'mma fly out to Texas and personally punch Mr. Wata Burger in the face.

My go to order: Double Double, Protien style, Extra everything, Animal style, and Animal fries. Just a real mess of a everything and it's great. A tru West Coast staple. Also, for some reason, oddly religious? There's quotes from the bible under each cup. :iiam:

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

It's not even quotes, just the verse number. Doesn't bother me too much. I think the key thing is they grill their buns so there is a very slight crunch to their burgers. When compared to similar quality fast food it's the details that matter

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

It's basically McDonalds except you get to sound like Skeeter from Doug when you order. Regional fast food chains are never anything special.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

You have about a 30 second window after the fries come out of the fryer and they're amazing, but then they turn into pieces of styrofoam not long after.

Ask for chopped chilis on your burger.

Animal style is overrated.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!

Pawn 17 posted:

Five Guys does this and their fries don't suck, try again.

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Q_res posted:

Five Guys does this and their fries don't suck, try again.

Yeah they do

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
a double double animal style pulls together this combination of fat and salt cut by a bit of sweet and acid that fulfills a craving from deep in your lizard brain. so loving good, and cheaper than almost any other burger you can find in la that isn't mcdonalds or burger king

in-n-out is the only fast food i eat with an regularity, and i will continue to do so until die even if the fries suck and the owners are chuds

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Jenny Agutter posted:

It's not even quotes, just the verse number. Doesn't bother me too much. I think the key thing is they grill their buns so there is a very slight crunch to their burgers. When compared to similar quality fast food it's the details that matter

Miss remembering here. I mean, I don't look at the bottom of my shakes often but when I do I John 3:16

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

I had In-n-Out once, and I asked for a double double animal style and it was really good.

Mr. Dick
Aug 9, 2019

by Cyrano4747

2DCAT posted:

They are french fried potatoes, there's no way to improve them without making them something other than french fried potatoes.

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.

Mr. Dick posted:

They are french fried potatoes, there's no way to improve them without making them something other than french fried potatoes.

In N Out fries their fries once. A decent fry is fried twice.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

Mr. Dick posted:

doesn’t even know poo poo about potatoes or how they are cooked. shameful.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Peachfart posted:

I had In-n-Out once, and I asked for a double double animal style and it was really good.

:same:

Mr. Dick
Aug 9, 2019

by Cyrano4747

That seems like a lot of energy for something that, even when it's at its best, is still kinda crummy.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Then order them well done?

PTSDeedly Do
Nov 24, 2014

VOID-DOME LOSER 2020

The fries are good

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
they say in n out is camel meat

i say, bring on the goddamn camel

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

The fries are trash when I go through the drive through I order fries just so I can shame the clerk at the window by immediately throwing them on the ground before driving away

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

https://twitter.com/eaterla/status/1225830087091683329?s=20

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

klosterdev posted:

did you hear about the Secret-Secret menu, you can actually order fries that are good

Is this when you get a burger from in n out and then drive up the street to McDonald’s and get an order of fries?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Aardvark
Aug 19, 2013

For a combo under $8 its pretty drat good