Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Can you get them animal style?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
The number 1 complaint I see from out of towners about In-N-Out is the fries. I just don't get it. It's a burger place. Why focus on the fries? I enjoy a good crispy/seasoned fry too (Shoutout to Rallys/Checkers fries) My main complaint about out of state burger joints is that the people from other places adamantly poo poo on In-N-Out at every chance they get. Like, I get it, Texas isn't California. I'm sorry you live in a weird state and eat burgers I'm sure are good, but why do you hate In-N-Out so hard :smith:

I need a .jpeg of the Californian Bear crying here

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

The number 1 complaint I see from out of towners about In-N-Out is the fries. I just don't get it. It's a burger place. Why focus on the fries? I enjoy a good crispy/seasoned fry too (Shoutout to Rallys/Checkers fries) My main complaint about out of state burger joints is that the people from other places adamantly poo poo on In-N-Out at every chance they get. Like, I get it, Texas isn't California. I'm sorry you live in a weird state and eat burgers I'm sure are good, but why do you hate In-N-Out so hard :smith:

its mostly the built up hype and then the disappointment when it isn't met that sticks with us

The Aardvark
Aug 19, 2013

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

:ca:

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
People from L.A def hype In-N-Out very hard. They think all things California begins and ends with them. I always just shoot a recommendation out to try it atleast once and read up on the "not very secret" secret menu.

One time I ate 2 4x4 :smug:

yes thank u

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

I miss the days of ordering monstrous burgers bigger than 4x4. Fork mandatory kind of burgers

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
FWIW I found In N Out to be a pleasant surprise. I had heard it talked up some but wasn't expecting MIND BLOWING and it was a nice little burger. Fries didn't strike me as incredibad or anything either.

liquid courage
Aug 12, 2011

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

i think it's telling that the only criticism they can muster is that the fries could be better.

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

I like the fries despite (or because of) the inconsistent crispiness

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

you can find an empty line at 5 guys here in southern california

at in-n-out, there is either a line at the counter or a line at thr drive thru and commonly it's both

it's a pretty objective view in regards to popularity

The Aardvark
Aug 19, 2013

The In-N-Out by my place has the drive-thru line spill out onto the main road every day

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

30 minutes in the drive thru is common even at off hours.

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

people are all like "let's get umami burger" or "we should get shake shack before we have to hit the 405" and I'm thinking "should I dare mention that we should just get in-n-out when we get home"

though, to be honest, in-n-out doesn't serve alcohol

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
No one ever says in n out is the best burger place in the world. It’s just that it’s a good burger with fresh ingredients that’s still extremely cheap. Five guys always ends with me spending 30 dollars somehow. I actually really like shake shack but again I end up spending 25 to 30 bucks. In n out is just a good classic American burger for a good price. That’s why it’s persists. Also they don’t bloat the menu with new poo poo every month which is great. Just a simple clean menu. And anything you want different just ask and they will help you out.

My order is usually a double double with grilled and raw onions and chopped chilies.

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
In n out fries: known to the state of California to cause disgust

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
In n out fries are good.

Just ask them to be double fried if you want them crispier.

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme
Those are good burgers, Walter.

In-n-Out is great because my wife has Celiac disease and she still really digs the protein style burger. So we can both get food there without any hassle (except for the long lines of course).

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

It's a burger place. Why focus on the fries?

Because other burger places have good burgs and good fries. That said i'd still get in-n-out over 5 guys and just make sure I eat the fries hot. Cold in n out fries are awful, but when they're hot they're "eh".

FogHelmut posted:

30 minutes in the drive thru is common even at off hours.

A new one opened near me up in Oregon in December, and it's still hour+ long wait times very frequently.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I actually like the fries just fine. I usually get them animal style anyway so...they are just covered in cheese anyway.

I aint mad at it

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
In-N-Out fries are perfectly adequate, especially animal style. Some of y'all are whiners.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
animal style fries are great, but even styrofoam would taste great if it was smothered in cheese and thousand island dressing, so it's a bit of a hollow victory

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012
I had in-n-out a few times, pretty much only whenever people invite me to do so because it's not within the nearest five fast-food joints from my house and therefore not on my radar most of the time. the fries were pretty weak compared to just about everywhere else in town but the burgers were pretty alright for the price. the lines are ridiculous, tho, and i still wouldn't go out of my way to seek it out if i'm in the mood to burg.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

It’s “burgers and fries” not “burgers and poo poo” or “burgers and nothing” for fucks sake.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

In-N-Out fries are perfectly adequate, especially animal style. Some of y'all are whiners.

Yeah just eat your perfectly adequate fries and go home to your perfectly adequate duplex and gently caress your perfectly adequate wife with your perfectly adequate dick.

Some of us do better.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

THE FRIES ARE loving TRASH

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

bird with big dick posted:

THE FRIES ARE loving TRASH

You seem very angry and unpleasant.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

I enjoy that In-N-Out is not only better, but also costs about half the price of an equivalent meal at a large global burger chain.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

JUST LIOE THE TASTE OF IN AND OURS FREMCH FRIES

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
lol

The Aardvark
Aug 19, 2013

Hit me with that animal style burg please

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

In N Out's burgs are good, especially animal style, and a relative bargain compared to most/all other places. In addition they have great CS and IIRC actually care, at least somewhat, about their employees. It is okay to think that In N Out is amazing because of these things WHILE ACKNOWLEDGING that their french fries are a loving terrible embarrassment. Del Motherfucking Taco has better french fries than In N Out.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Also Habit Burger is the new In N Out and they have decent fries plus decent onion rings plus tempura green beans.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

It’s “burgers and fries” not “burgers and poo poo” or “burgers and nothing” for fucks sake.

Tell us who hurt you

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Also Habit Burger is the new In N Out and they have decent fries plus decent onion rings plus tempura green beans.

I mean Habit is fine but you are paying like 4x as much for a burger it is not really in the same category.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

CaptainPsyko posted:

I mean Habit is fine but you are paying like 4x as much for a burger it is not really in the same category.

You must be thinking of a different place. A double char at habit is like 5 dollars and change. A double double is 4.50 or so.

Edit: double double at my nearest location is 4.05

Double char is 5.19

DeadFatDuckFat fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Feb 12, 2020

The Aardvark
Aug 19, 2013

A double double is under $4. Good price.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Yeah but it takes them a half hour to make it and their staff is rude and also does an extremely creepy thing where they read your credit card and call you by the name on there andit costs twice as much. They have a pretty cool variety of things though.

E: and I find their fries to be bland.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

CaptainPsyko posted:

Here a double double is 3.55 and a double char from Habit is 4.05 so get the gently caress outta here with your fake burger news.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Rick posted:

E: and I find their fries to be bland.

I find your mother's sexual proclivities to be bland so maybe in the future you can cite some specific evidence as to why you feel the way you do and I will do the same.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Habit was just bought out, so the end is nigh on that one.

Too bad because their onion rings are really good.

The tuna was at one point good, but now sucks. The Santa Barbara char can be serviceable.

The price/performance ratio at In N Out really is unbeatable.