Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

bird with big dick posted:

I find your mother's sexual proclivities to be bland so maybe in the future you can cite some specific evidence as to why you feel the way you do and I will do the same.

Fair enough. They are basically thin steak fries, there's very little crispness and there's nothing unique or interesting about the seasoning. Definitely a "I guess I can eat these with ketchup" level of fry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Ultimate Mango posted:

Habit was just bought out, so the end is nigh on that one.

Too bad because their onion rings are really good.

The tuna was at one point good, but now sucks. The Santa Barbara char can be serviceable.

The price/performance ratio at In N Out really is unbeatable.

I've never had the tuna. Ive had the Santa Barb and the golden chicken or whatever they call it and both were good. When I go again I might just get two regular burgs and see how they are as that is what would directly compete with In N Out.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
Wtf is a Habit!

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

Wtf is a Habit!

Another ancient California place, that has suddenly grown really fast in the last five years and then just got bought by Yum.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Rick posted:

Another ancient California place, that has suddenly grown really fast in the last five years and then just got bought by Yum.

Hey, an actual answer. Mucho grassyass

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Rick posted:

Soon to be _everywhere_

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

I am ready for the combination Habit and Taco Bell

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

I am ready for the combination Habit and Taco Bell

Eat healthy and still poo poo your brains out?

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Ultimate Mango posted:

Eat healthy and still poo poo your brains out?

That’s why it’s healthy.

Mr. Dick
Aug 9, 2019

by Cyrano4747
Smooth between the ears

smooth between the bowels

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

I don't know why but In-N-Out doesn't feel like I'm eating fast food.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

FogHelmut posted:

I don't know why but In-N-Out doesn't feel like I'm eating fast food.

The secret to their burgers is that they just taste more like real food.

It's not amazing IMO but it's distinct from common fast food for that exact reason.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

I think they are less “processed” tasting than most other fast food.

Is their beef fresh or just good?

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Mr. Dick posted:

Smooth between the ears

smooth between the cheeks

terminal chillness
Oct 16, 2008

This baby is off the charts
Its because the ingredients aren't frozen. Anyway if you get the fries well done they're fine. And you get a lot of them so it's acceptable to share which is also nice on the wallet.

I do often avoid in n out because of the line though. poo poo's crazy.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
I get to eat In-N-Out once or twice a year when I go on vacation usually. It's usually the first place I go when I get off the plane in Vegas.

The charm for me is that the burgers and fries feel like they're teleporting them from the 50s, and they taste pretty good. I can understand the fries complaints but I do animal style and I'm eating them with a spoon so hosed if I ever know how they were cooked. My wife tho.. She hated their fries and found out you can order them well done and now she really really likes em.

5 Guys are pretty good. But holy poo poo they cost more than anything out there. I don't remember them being expensive 3 or so years ago when they opened near me. But last time I went in it was like 30 bucks for both of us to have burgers and fries. How is that possible.

Philthy fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Mar 5, 2020

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

I ate 2 double doubles last night, protein style, no onions. Was enjoyable.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
everything about in and out was teleported from the 50s minus a material amount of the racism, even up to the materially more progressive economics

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

Went back to In-N-Out for the first time in probably a year, got a hamburger and an animal style double double. The hamburger was really just a good, simple, tasty burger! But the grilled onions on the other burg tasted really smoky, almost burnt, and it was very distracting on an already messy sandwich.

In any case I feel a lot more charitable about the burgers at this place when I skip the fries altogether.

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

Not as taciturn, but still terribly powerful...

Ok I went this weekend and got fries Well Done for the first time and they still sucked. I don’t think they can be redeemed.

Double- double hit tho.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
They would have to go back to trans fat oil for the fries to be truly good again.

:sss: :tbear: Oel ngati kameie Los Ingobernables de Onsite BYOB
Seared tuna steak, served with ponzu sauce and wasabi.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 07:55 May 03, 2015 posted:

sometimes i rub Fabreeze on my hands and now my hands are very dry.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 04:55 Apr 10, 2017 posted:

It was nice knowing you all. Sometimes.

I still believe in Second Winter. Put this in your sig if you also believe in that and that it is real and not fake like the others say.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Had a double double with a whole grilled onion and chopped chilis, animal style fries, and a strawberry shake. always hits the spot.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Thinkin' about them burgs.

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Thinkin' about them burgs.

:same:

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Had a double double with a whole grilled onion and chopped chilis, animal style fries, and a strawberry shake. always hits the spot.

My usual go to but chocolate, no fries and with a toasted bun

----------------

Navin Johnson
Mar 1, 2016

In-N-Out is a pretty good. I grew up in SoCal and my friends and I went there all the time after parties. My friend Tim called them In-N-Wait.

Then I discovered FatBurger. Waaaay superior. If you live in Southern California or Vegas, and you like the In-N---------Waaaaaaaiiiiiiit, you should definitely try FatBurger.

Navin Johnson fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Aug 10, 2023

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

They hated Futanari because His posts were shit.
The 'secret' to cooking a patty In-n-Out style at home is a smear of yellow mustard on it as it's being fried. The sauce itself is also really easy to make.

The fries are fine when they're smothered but on their own definitely nothing to write home about. Superior to Five Guys though but that's a low bar (the Five Guys I go to has a sign saying where the potatoes are from that day so maybe other places are getting better potatoes- still need to cook them twice for fries of that thickness though)

Free Kyoon
Free SPR
Free cuppy tea

chupacabron
Oct 30, 2004

What's the move on shake flavor mixing? I usually get a black and white, but recently tried the forbidden strawberry/chocolate mix which was surprisingly good. It's definitely going in to my shake rotation

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

The chiles at the in n out by me are banana peppers now and not cascabel chiles. :rip:

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

every time i get fries at in n out they are crispy and every time i get them anywhere else they are not crispy. do the angry people not like crispy fries

----------------

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

Cactus Ghost posted:

every time i get fries at in n out they are crispy and every time i get them anywhere else they are not crispy. do the angry people not like crispy fries

Goons think chicken and cheese go together... not exactly the grand arbiters of taste

Free Kyoon
Free SPR
Free cuppy tea

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Grilled cheese (animal style) is also nice for kids and vegetarians.

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

peanut posted:

Grilled cheese (animal style) is also nice for kids and vegetarians.

There's zero chance I'm not getting a burg if I go to In-N-Out, but if someone handed me one of those right now, I am certain I would enjoy it very much despite never having had one. I can almost envision it.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

Twenty Four posted:

There's zero chance I'm not getting a burg if I go to In-N-Out, but if someone handed me one of those right now, I am certain I would enjoy it very much despite never having had one. I can almost envision it.

its basically a zero-by-two. two slices of cheese, no patty, everything else as normal. its good

----------------

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

gimme 2 rn plz

Hotel Kpro
Feb 24, 2011

owls don't go to school
Dinosaur Gum
They recently built one not far from me in Loveland, went there a few weeks back and it tastes just like it did in Utah and California. Also I hear one or two is getting built in Idaho but also gently caress Idaho

Car Hater
May 7, 2007

wolf. bike.
Wolf. Bike.
Wolf! Bike!
WolfBike!
WolfBike!
ARROOOOOO!
Visiting my friend in Denver and he brought home 4 2x2s after his french class last night

C'est magnifique

Hotel Kpro
Feb 24, 2011

owls don't go to school
Dinosaur Gum
They’re planning on building one five minutes from where I live but I’m moving 45 minutes away :smith:

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

I assume these are driving times and not walking times

Free Kyoon
Free SPR
Free cuppy tea

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

Hotel Kpro posted:

They’re planning on building one five minutes from where I live but I’m moving 45 minutes away :smith:

animal-style fail

----------------