Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets

Yeah, this is a planning nightmare.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

This is the one map I spent ages on finishing, partially because it got so hectic for so long that once I got things mostly under control it was a satisfying change of pace.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Well, this hospital is turning to a rats nest of winding corridors and death.

I'm still going to three star it though!

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Time to push this and move on!

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

A video behind, but:
Build more training rooms you [redacted]
Full disclosure, I'm screaming as much at past me here. You're doing better than past me.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

I mean I only ever really use one training room. They take up space I could be diverting for more gp offices.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

I think two Training rooms is the sweet spot in a large hospital - but about 50 GP's

I also think anything that can speed up diagnosis - like the Xray or CT scanner can really cut down the pressure on the GPs - I'll have to look into more of those.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
It also helps to match diagnosis rooms to the illness and gain a small boost in progress, as well as having nurses/doctors absolutely specialized in diagnosis being in those rooms.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

This time it's time to make the new hospital actually run properly!

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Next stop, Flemmington!

berryjon
May 30, 2011

I have an invasion to go to.
I got to say, seeing Servers in the Research room generate heat is a nice touch.

DTurtle
Apr 10, 2011

evilmiera posted:

I mean I only ever really use one training room. They take up space I could be diverting for more gp offices.
I had to force myself to make only small training rooms and only place a few people in there at a time. I almost bankrupted myself a few times with larger hospitals when suddenly no more patients are being served because almost all assistants, nurses or doctors are being trained ...

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hmm, no bodies stacked in litter strewn corridors, this one seems to be going well!

DTurtle
Apr 10, 2011

I haven't watched all videos, so maybe you've already done or seen these things and I just missed them. But here are a few more things that I've found helped a lot.

In the menu at the bottom left: Go to $ -> Overview -> Policies. There you can set a couple of things. For example you can set it so that if the diagnosis is above a certain percentage, then the patients can immediately go to treatment, without first visiting a GP again. You can also set all workers to be automatically promoted (saving a lot of clicks). I also like lowering the warning for a long queue down to 4 or 5. As that is usually already a sign that it is taking too long.

If you select a finished room, you can copy it. Very useful for building all the GP rooms you need. Though it is somewhat broken with the wards sometimes (the doors don't always want to fit when you rotate the room).

Lastly, in one of the earliest videos you got a mission to kill some "monobeasts". You can find them by picking up drink/food machines, trash cans, etc. This only works on normal speed or high speed.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

DTurtle posted:

I haven't watched all videos, so maybe you've already done or seen these things and I just missed them. But here are a few more things that I've found helped a lot.

In the menu at the bottom left: Go to $ -> Overview -> Policies. There you can set a couple of things. For example you can set it so that if the diagnosis is above a certain percentage, then the patients can immediately go to treatment, without first visiting a GP again. You can also set all workers to be automatically promoted (saving a lot of clicks). I also like lowering the warning for a long queue down to 4 or 5. As that is usually already a sign that it is taking too long.

If you select a finished room, you can copy it. Very useful for building all the GP rooms you need. Though it is somewhat broken with the wards sometimes (the doors don't always want to fit when you rotate the room).

Lastly, in one of the earliest videos you got a mission to kill some "monobeasts". You can find them by picking up drink/food machines, trash cans, etc. This only works on normal speed or high speed.

I get the cppy one soon, but the other two are good hints! Thanks!

Lulti
Nov 28, 2016
As neat as adding a cafe to your hospital might sound, it can lead to a massive deathtrap if placed poorly.
Patients could go to the cafe, possibly ignoring multiple wending machines to get their meals while they are dying during the long walk and eating the meal in the cafe, taking their time and glogging up the queues they were at before and leaving other patients dying on the benches before they get their turn at the GPs office, IF they don't go hungry and go to cafe themselves, maintaining the problem.
Same goes for staff, going to the cafe instead of munching on salty snacks next to their office doors.

This issue might've been tweaked in a later patch, but last I heard, it was a big problem for many people and simply not building a cafe was better at the time.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Yeah, never ever touch a café if it's not needed by scenario goals
If you absolutely have to, set it to staff only.

Same thing for toilets: if you have a wing of your hospital reserved for staff facilities (training rooms, research, marketing etc.) then set any toilet there to staff only. You don't want a patient first in queue for a GP office crossing the whole loving hospital because it wanted to use THAT toilet.
Ask me how I know about this :rant:

A small tip for an upcoming hospital: you can manually request a janitor to service any item (that actually requires servicing). Just click on the object and click on the janitor button. The button won't appear if the item has been recently serviced and is at completely full "health", though.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

I build the dreaded cafe! will people die sampling its delights over seeking immediate treatment? Watch and find out!

CLICKBAIT TITLES FROM HERE ON OUT!

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

GP TO GENERAL DIAGNOSIS! ALL OF THEM!

Cockmaster
Feb 24, 2002

Omobono posted:

A small tip for an upcoming hospital: you can manually request a janitor to service any item (that actually requires servicing). Just click on the object and click on the janitor button. The button won't appear if the item has been recently serviced and is at completely full "health", though.

That's immensely useful for the public hospital (where you get paid for completing challenges instead of by the patients - challenges which often include "unclog X toilets" or "water Y plants").

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Time to start a new wing mainly dedicated to patient diagnosis! Still not found the button to send people to treatment early - that's a few episodes off! This one has a good buffer, mainly as I enjoy playing it!

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Time to three star this bitch!

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

By the way, if you keep using cafès in later levels, can you check something?
I've come across the (utterly unconfirmed) information that a patient that eats at a cafè has their hunger and thirst locked to max for the rest of their stay.
You've clicked on a patient right as they finished eating a video or two ago, and the "nice meal" moodlet popped up into the patient's information. Mousing over a moodlet shows its effects, so if that information is true the moodlet should reflect it.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

New hospital - new tactics! This time I take out far to many loans to get a nice running hospital at the start!

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Ah, surgery. Still works like in theme hospital (patients don't need to touch base in a ward beforehand). The challenges for surgery are than an operation lasts forever and it gives only standard experience, so high level surgeons are simply not there.

P.s. the GP-geddon is genuinely funny when I'm not the player dealing with it.

berryjon
May 30, 2011

I have an invasion to go to.

I don't think you need Radiators in this level as you're out of the snow areas of the game.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

berryjon posted:

I don't think you need Radiators in this level as you're out of the snow areas of the game.

From now on, hospitals are either too cold (radiators) or too hot (air conditioning). When placing radiators or ACs the game automatically switches to the temperature overlay, and this level had freezing blue as the baseline.

E: it's at 14 minutes and 5 seconds in

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hmm, this one is going surprisingly well!

Omobono posted:

From now on, hospitals are either too cold (radiators) or too hot (air conditioning). When placing radiators or ACs the game automatically switches to the temperature overlay, and this level had freezing blue as the baseline.

E: it's at 14 minutes and 5 seconds in

Yay! something I'm not inept at!

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

The first surgery is a success! yay for me!

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Two episodes today! *as I forgot to post yesterday - And this hospital continues to be my best yet.

That said, there are many places I can improve!

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

You need to hire way more janitors. I feel sorry for the four overworked dudes you've got right now.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

I continue to expand my surgical wing!

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Lots of deaths, but I feel like I'm learning things now!

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hmm, surgery looks like a risky business!

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

You're in the GP-geddon death spiral. I mean patient death, the hospital right now can't really fail anymore.
You can't process your patients in a timely manner and they start clogging your faciities GP offices. You build more GP offices and diagnosis rooms, plus a couple treatment rooms for the illnesses most present in the level.
Hospital level goes up with every room and staff hired; with hospital level more and harder patients come in. Rinse, repeat.
Honestly it's not that detrimental, until you get a 90% cure rate objective and then you need to get creative to pass it because your hospital can't do it the honest way.

The (non-cheese) solution I found to the GP-geddon is quality over quantity. There are also some cheesy stopgap solutions.

Finding the details is left as an exercise to the LPer :v:*

*tone doesn't carry in writing. Am I being too rear end in a top hat here?

EDIT: I forgot about the Galaxy Brain GP exploit. I think it'd be fun showing that for a level, but beware, for seductive the Dark Side is.

Omobono fucked around with this message at 09:45 on Mar 12, 2020

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

Marginally better than Shepard's dancing. 2/10
I like how you never went back to fix that first bathroom. It's been sinkless for at least five videos now. :laugh:

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Omobono posted:

You're in the GP-geddon death spiral. I mean patient death, the hospital right now can't really fail anymore.
You can't process your patients in a timely manner and they start clogging your faciities GP offices. You build more GP offices and diagnosis rooms, plus a couple treatment rooms for the illnesses most present in the level.
Hospital level goes up with every room and staff hired; with hospital level more and harder patients come in. Rinse, repeat.
Honestly it's not that detrimental, until you get a 90% cure rate objective and then you need to get creative to pass it because your hospital can't do it the honest way.

The (non-cheese) solution I found to the GP-geddon is quality over quantity. There are also some cheesy stopgap solutions.

Finding the details is left as an exercise to the LPer :v:*

*tone doesn't carry in writing. Am I being too rear end in a top hat here?

EDIT: I forgot about the Galaxy Brain GP exploit. I think it'd be fun showing that for a level, but beware, for seductive the Dark Side is.

In this video I realize the above....

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

[url=https://youtu.be/lSqzxZccSpY[[/url]

Yep, there is nothing that can be done for this hospital!

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

If you're not above cheesing for that third star:

pause the game, go into the patient panel in the bottom left, and kick out EVERYONE (there's not a kick out everyone button to the best of my knowledge, you'll have to go down one patient at a time).

Then wait five to ten minutes and you should have your 90% cure rate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charlett
Apr 2, 2011
I was actually wondering if that was a thing, I do remember kicking out everyone who ever threw up in my Theme Hospital game when there were any "vomit waves" going around, and for the low low price of like, 2% less reputation, suddenly everyone was fine! :v: