Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
I'm listening:colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
It’s like jack in the box if jack in the box sucked.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

The_Rob posted:

It’s like jack in the box if jack in the box sucked.

Oh god! I can't imagine a world!

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN
its good

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

only good thing there is the spicy ketchup

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Who will win the greatest battle of them all?

kloa posted:

only good thing there is the spicy ketchup

AHEM honey butter chicken biscuit

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
Whataburger tastes more like real food than McDonalds, but somehow not in the good way like you want.

In my experience their burgers are thin and dry without the upside of being browned like a smashed patty.

starbarry clock
Apr 23, 2012

king of teh portal

ive only been here once but this burger was amazing i cant speak for anything else they have

wolfs
Jul 17, 2001

posted by squid gang

they got rid of the monterey melt special. it was the only consistently amazing burger.
the mushroom one they replaced it with isn't very good, made me feel quite sick the one time i tried it.

the grilled chicken melt is good.

the 9 piece chicken bites with the cream pepper dip is good. most of the dips are good, too, but eh.

and yes, the spicy ketchup is good.

the most hit or miss part of the whataburger experience is the breakfast food options that open at 11pm and close at 11am, in that depending on the whataburger you go to and who is working right then the bacon egg and cheese taquito can be an amazing post-bar snack on your way home or a real downer way to spend a few bucks after an otherwise okay night

Friend
Aug 3, 2008

I think Whataburger gets a bad rap because first timers think they should get a regular burger, but the regular burgers suck butt. Things like the patty melt, Buffalo chicken strip sandwich, and the mushroom swiss are better than anything you'll get at another fast food place though. Basically if you don't like what you ordered, you should've gotten something greasier.

ANUSTART
Jun 26, 2013

ur jiri3-pax(PAD)-ra2 al-tukur2?-re
gu-du-ni an-na-ab-be2
a-ra-/ab-gig-ga\-[(X)]-e-ce

- Wisdom of the ages.
Its so expensive and it is super easy to burn out on

I went a lot growing up with my grandparents and after a certain point in my preteen years my grandpa was like "where the hell do they get off charging so much?" so now he goes sometimes and complains that the food would be better if it wasnt so drat expensive

ANUSTART
Jun 26, 2013

ur jiri3-pax(PAD)-ra2 al-tukur2?-re
gu-du-ni an-na-ab-be2
a-ra-/ab-gig-ga\-[(X)]-e-ce

- Wisdom of the ages.
[Im from the Whataburger hometown so my gpa watched the prices go from like ten cents to ten dollars]

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Friend posted:

I think Whataburger gets a bad rap because first timers think they should get a regular burger, but the regular burgers suck butt. Things like the patty melt, Buffalo chicken strip sandwich, and the mushroom swiss are better than anything you'll get at another fast food place though. Basically if you don't like what you ordered, you should've gotten something greasier.

I always get the greasiest thing a place has :colbert:

The Breakfast Sampler
Jan 1, 2006

I went once a couple years ago (because, and because I was in Texas) and I wasn't really impressed. In fairness it was at like 3 in the morning so maybe they weren't on their A game.

lo carb Lo Pan
Oct 8, 2004

They suck because they're not in every state and threatening Burger King and Wendy's at all times.

Modulo16
Feb 12, 2014

"Authorities say the phony Pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and incredibly foul mouth."

Whattaburger is good OP, it is you who is the one that sucks. :colbert:

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

depends on if you like deep fried mouse nuggets
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9yBo3CV7BA

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

Modulo16 posted:

:hai:

Modulo16
Feb 12, 2014

"Authorities say the phony Pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and incredibly foul mouth."

:henget:

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

I get anyone who walked into a WB exactly once and ordered a #1 and left disappointed but all their specialties are great, the Whatachicken is super underrated (wheat bun is the boldest choice in the entire sector), the fries are like if McDonalds were actually consistent, the environment is on the Chik-fil-a tier where it's reasonably clean and whatever the realities of a fast food job are the employees are friendly and don't look like they are seconds away from killing themselves at all times, the mobile app is excellent (all the toppings/condiments have a light/regular/heavy slider, and going light on the lettuce/onions makes a normal Whataburger much better), they're open 24/7, their breakfast is top-notch, and maybe this is just a quirk of the one near me but they seem like they go the extra mile in both serving and employing people with disabilities. People are loyal for a reason, give it another shot if you doubt it.

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.
loving styrofoam like its 1980 and that kind of poo poo is still ok.

Jellidelic
Nov 28, 2011

i went once and everything was so fuckin salty.

and im a damned mess who lives on junk and like jesus.

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.

Modulo16 posted:

:commissar:

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

The sweet and spicy bacon burger is the best thing on the menu and I'll fight anyone who disagrees in the Whataburger parking lot so I can get a sweet and spicy bacon burger after kicking your rear end.

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN

starbarry clock posted:

ive only been here once but this burger was amazing i cant speak for anything else they have

this is the best fast food burger you can get. idk why it says limited time because its at every whataburger all the time where i am

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

starbarry clock posted:

holy poo poo I now have a mission in life to eat this burg

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

Chief McHeath posted:

The sweet and spicy bacon burger is the best thing on the menu and I'll fight anyone who disagrees in the Whataburger parking lot so I can get a sweet and spicy bacon burger after kicking your rear end.

Sweet & Spicy vs Honey BBQ Chicken Strip Sandwich is my Sophie's choice every time I pull into the drive thru.

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN

Previa_fun posted:

holy poo poo I now have a mission in life to eat this burg

it's very good.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

I never had whataburger's version but hatch green chilles on a burger is very good.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
WB is good, and my deepest regret is we don't have one anywhere near my state.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Modulo16 posted:

I can neither agree or disagree with this comment.

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN

sean10mm posted:

I never had whataburger's version but hatch green chilles on a burger is very good.

yeah green chile makes any burger better

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Gone Fashing posted:

yeah green chile makes any burger better

In New Mexico had a grilled cheeseburger with green chile and bacon that was :kiss:

Not sure about their cuisine in general but that was indisputably a winner.

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN
could probably make a whole other thread about new mexican food, it isnt strictly fast food but there are fast food style places that serve it. it definitely isnt haute cuisine but its delicious and if you live in nm youre basically required to eat it regularly

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
On a cross-country family road trip we stopped at a Wattaburger in Wendover, UT and I ordered a bacon-cheeseburger. They didn't cook the bacon and I almost choked on it.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
What the gently caress is Whataburg doing in Utah anyways. They probably don't know what the gently caress they're doing

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Snazzy Frocks posted:

What the gently caress is Whataburg doing in Utah anyways. They probably don't know what the gently caress they're doing

This was thirty years ago and it's gone now.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Yeah leave it to Utah to gently caress Whataburg up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAT BATMAN
Dec 12, 2009

They have decently good food, and that counts for a lot when they’re also open at 3am and you’re awake and hungry at that time.