Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Technowrite
Jan 18, 2006

I first battled the Metroids on Planet Zebes.
It’s the bread. Also, get the goddamn No. 13.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.
Nah bruh. Number 4 :discourse:

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

#43 on rosemary parmesan.

Dammit I want one now but it's almost midnight here and nothing's open.

Jellidelic
Nov 28, 2011

used to work at jay mikes.

the number 13 (italian) is 5 seperate meats and almost 50 slices.
also the most popular sub
a real bitch when everybody wants one during the rush. for sanitation you cant leave any meats on the counter so you have to take them out and put them back as you use them.
unless you get really good and can keep asking customers in advance what they want, if its all italians (often) you can make like 3 or 4 at a time.

really weird because the number 9 is actually the best menu sub.
but really the best thing to get there is a hot roast beef with swiss.

Jellidelic
Nov 28, 2011

also if you check out joisey mikes and think the spicy chickencheese with franks sauce on it sounds good cause you love franks: skip it bc they use a variety thats not the main one and it sucks

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

I haven't tried them because

a) there's not one near me
b) I live just outside of Philadelphia, in New Jersey.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
Jersey Mike's is inoffensive but I'm not sure it's better than a Publix grocery store sandwich either.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Jersey Mike's is perfectly fine in a pinch. One of those places that I won't go to if better options are available, but where I won't complain if it's my best available option.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

PainterofCrap posted:

I haven't tried them because

a) there's not one near me
b) I live just outside of Philadelphia, in New Jersey.

In fairness to Jersey Mike’s, they’re from Point Pleasant. Not some appropriating interlopers.

Xegaus
Sep 27, 2006
King of nothing!
I get the #8 Club in a wheat wrap, mikes way. Its a very good club. There are better subs out there, but Jersey Mikes is very OK in my book

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

I like the chicken cheese, it's the only thing I ever get there.

dads friend steve
Dec 24, 2004

It used to be my go-to when I travelled for work a lot and ate more fast food than I would have really liked

I only ever got the Italian because that poo poo was good, so why fix it if it ain’t broke. I’m willing to believe other sandwiches are actually better

dads friend steve
Dec 24, 2004

Seeing the guy behind the counter go “who’s getting an Italian” and then make like 6 at the same time, I really respected the efficiency there

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

If you never got a Publix tender sub you’ve been living a lie IMO. poo poo’s too drat good.

Technowrite
Jan 18, 2006

Jellidelic posted:

used to work at jay mikes.

the number 13 (italian) is 5 seperate meats and almost 50 slices.
also the most popular sub
a real bitch when everybody wants one during the rush. for sanitation you cant leave any meats on the counter so you have to take them out and put them back as you use them.
unless you get really good and can keep asking customers in advance what they want, if its all italians (often) you can make like 3 or 4 at a time.

really weird because the number 9 is actually the best menu sub.
but really the best thing to get there is a hot roast beef with swiss.

Tell me something. Did y'all put cocaine in the honey mustard because that poo poo is awesome on my Italian.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

There’s a place called The Lucky Dill around here with a god tier pastrami sandwich but it’s a stretch to say it’s fast food so I dunno if it counts.

dads friend steve
Dec 24, 2004

I grew up in north jersey and there are local shops that make god tier subs, but in terms of national chains j mikes is far and away the best

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
everytime i glance at the "promotions" tab of my Gmail i anxiously search for my weekly Jersey Mike's coupons. usually once a month there is a 2 for 1, and that gets you a lot of good sammich for like $7.50

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.

Wormskull posted:

There’s a place called The Lucky Dill around here with a god tier pastrami sandwich but it’s a stretch to say it’s fast food so I dunno if it counts.

I feel like the cutoff should be whether you need to sit down at any point to get food.

Jellidelic
Nov 28, 2011

dads friend steve posted:

Seeing the guy behind the counter go “who’s getting an Italian” and then make like 6 at the same time, I really respected the efficiency there

as soon as i could do this they made me a manager.
they pay pretty fair compared to other burner jobs. they let customers tip through debit and split it on to everyones paychecks. at a busy store you grab 15-17 an hour after taxes.

Technowrite posted:

Tell me something. Did y'all put cocaine in the honey mustard because that poo poo is awesome on my Italian.

no, but a slamwich i made for myself a lot was
bread
honey
cappacuola
ham
roast beed
dijon
bread

probably something you wouldnt try if you didnt eat it every day but i called it jellidelics way

JoeBangles
Mar 23, 2005

Parlez-vous grenouille ?
Oh man, I've only had one experience at Jersey Mike's, but I was not impressed. Maybe I should give them another shot? Lol, if I ain't eating at subway then jm isn't a destination either.

Okay, so here was my experience. I go in and wait in line. This was like 10 years ago, so maybe the line has changed. But I ordered a sandwich and then asked that they add jalapenos to that (and a lot of other crap). When dude finished making my sandwich, he was like, "Yo, you want dis Mike's way?" And I was like that's a bad rear end looking sandwich, how much cooler would it be if it were made Mike's way? So I said YES and that fucker just squirted it with some Italian-rear end-flavored oil and proceeded to wrap it up like what just happened was normal in some world.

So I go back to work, unwrap my expensive sandwich, and find that the firmest thing about it was the meat. The oil are more of the bread than I did, so I swore off ever going g to Jersey Mike's again. Also, gently caress Mike's way!

DessertStorm
Aug 9, 2013

Extremely true. JMike's is one of the only places you can get that grinder experience outside of New England

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

JoeBangles posted:

Oh man, I've only had one experience at Jersey Mike's, but I was not impressed. Maybe I should give them another shot? Lol, if I ain't eating at subway then jm isn't a destination either.

Okay, so here was my experience. I go in and wait in line. This was like 10 years ago, so maybe the line has changed. But I ordered a sandwich and then asked that they add jalapenos to that (and a lot of other crap). When dude finished making my sandwich, he was like, "Yo, you want dis Mike's way?" And I was like that's a bad rear end looking sandwich, how much cooler would it be if it were made Mike's way? So I said YES and that fucker just squirted it with some Italian-rear end-flavored oil and proceeded to wrap it up like what just happened was normal in some world.

So I go back to work, unwrap my expensive sandwich, and find that the firmest thing about it was the meat. The oil are more of the bread than I did, so I swore off ever going g to Jersey Mike's again. Also, gently caress Mike's way!

Oil & vinegar on a sub is a pretty common thing actually.

A better-than-Jersey Mikes sub place will actually make a proper vinaigrette and not drown the sandwich it though. Jersey Mikes just shakes a shitload of oil & vinegar on it and shakes some oregano on top.

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

YOUR LIPS SAY 0, BUT YOUR EYES SAY 1.

Technowrite posted:

It’s the bread. Also, get the goddamn No. 13.

:agreed: 13 is the best sammich.

The Aardvark
Aug 19, 2013

I get a 9 on rosemary parm like twice a month. Very nice.

sports
Sep 1, 2012
Actually, Potbelly is the best sandwich joint.

Technowrite
Jan 18, 2006

The Aardvark posted:

I get a 9 on rosemary parm like twice a month. Very nice.

Second time Rosemary Parm has come up ITT. It's my next bread choice when I go back sometime soon.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

Technowrite posted:

Second time Rosemary Parm has come up ITT. It's my next bread choice when I go back sometime soon.

You won't regret it. It has the right amount of everything.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
EXTRA WET

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Wormskull posted:

If you never got a Publix tender sub you’ve been living a lie IMO. poo poo’s too drat good.

i thought that was just another dumb internet thing but the first time i went to publix four people were in line in front of me and three of them were getting tendies subs

sports
Sep 1, 2012
Jersey Mikes is only good if you ask for trough lettuce

waffleman
Aug 5, 2007

HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY
it really ties the nation together
I think jersey mikes is the only fast food I hate. JUST TOAST MY loving SANDWICH PLEASE.

tetsuo
May 12, 2001

I am a shaman, magician

Feeds 4 what? Children? Gerbils? Don't try to shame me out of eating the entire thing alone in my undecorated apartment.

dads friend steve
Dec 24, 2004

sports posted:

Jersey Mikes is only good if you ask for trough lettuce

?

???

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

I like jersey mike's but one time I split a giant sub with someone and the lettuce they piled on there was the last of the bin in the very bottom and it was soaking wet. so our bread got all soggy with lettuce water and it was disgusting

sports
Sep 1, 2012

There's a trough where they wipe the excess lettuce that falls off the sandwich line into. It usually gets overly dressed and seasoned from all the excess toppings that are swept in there along with the lettuce. You can ask for lettuce from the trough.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Also looking for some help with to meaning of "trough lettuce" over here.

Google gives nothing.

sports
Sep 1, 2012
When they clean the counter in prep for the next sandwich, they sweep the excess stuff off the counter and into a trough attached to the side of the counter, a gutter. It's there so the toppings aren't on the ground.

If it's busy with a lunch crowd they probably have to empty the entire trough at least once. You, the customer, may ask for your sandwich to have this seasoned, almost pickled lettuce in lieu of the fresh flavorless stuff.

ANUSTART
Jun 26, 2013

ur jiri3-pax(PAD)-ra2 al-tukur2?-re
gu-du-ni an-na-ab-be2
a-ra-/ab-gig-ga\-[(X)]-e-ce

- Wisdom of the ages.
so much oil

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008

sean10mm posted:

Jersey Mike's is inoffensive but I'm not sure it's better than a Publix grocery store sandwich either.

Are we allowed to make a thread about these because they are insanely delicious for grocery store food.