Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
that guy?
gently caress that guy
gently caress THAT GUY
Seriously, gently caress that guy
I am that guy
View Results

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

er they get their food and it holds up the line.

:argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Yeah if you're ordering for more than 2 people, park and go inside.

I always feel bad when I hold up line because they're waiting on the fries.

Tite Barnacle
Jun 4, 2014

Meowdy Purrdner

Grimey Drawer
Some dude in front of me at taco bell had a monster order a few weeks ago so i had to wait about 15 minutes. The girl at the window put a ton of extra stuff in my bag as an apology, which was super cool of her

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

Jose Oquendo posted:

why would you feel bad about that, the next person in line would just have to wait for their fries anyway.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

mods please out "the guy" from the poll.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.
I voted gently caress that guy but also I am that guy because sometimes I ask for a cup of water and they try to give me a plastic cup without a lid like for in the restaurant. Like, at least give me the kiddie size soda cup so I can cover it and put it in the cup holder this is the loving drive through you rear end in a top hat.

Sorry to people behind me who have to suffer while I demand what is rightfully mine.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
whataburg in their infinite wisdom have generally established a second lane which utilizes flesh and blood workers to help you order so you dont get stuck waiting behind big orders or slow assholes

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

Jose Oquendo posted:

having to wait on fries just means you get the freshest fries for both you and the person behind you :angel:

tetsuo
May 12, 2001

I am a shaman, magician
I'm always low key suspicious that the car ahead of me with 37,000 customizations to their order - who then takes 10 minutes to dig through item by item at the window - is just trying to trip up the person ringing up the order so they can complain to a manager and game some free poo poo.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
Basically the only time I get drive-thru anymore is breakfast on my way to work and gently caress you with a chainsaw if you're trying to make a Starbucks custom drink order at the McD's drive-thru at like 8am. I just want my #2 meal with a small black coffee so I can sit at my desk and die for 8 hours.

The Aardvark
Aug 19, 2013

Window workers should have a caddle prod and zap people who do this.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

The Aardvark posted:

:hmmyes:

Fanged Lawn Wormy
Jan 4, 2008

SQUEAK! SQUEAK! SQUEAK!
waht about that person in front of you who inexplicably takes like 20 minutes but their order doesn't seem to be especially large??? like what took so long?? :thunk:

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

"You'll never know if you can fly unless you take the risk of falling."
When people do those big orders in fast food lines, it's one of the most frustrating things. Usually I am okay when it's like 4 separate combos, 4 is like my limit (because I assume nuclear family) but when it gets into the EXTREME custom orders like "Cheeseburger No Cheese, No Tomato" and then when the inercom says "hamburger no tomato" and they INSIST it's "Cheeseburger No Cheese"

I have decided it's easier to just go inside to order and make it to-go, lots of pros
-Taco Bell Sauce Bar, take enough, mix and match sodas if you want!
-McDonalds Ketchup Station, Get Those Paper Cups to Dip Fries in the Car, Easy Correction On Orders If They Screw Up (it happens at the one near me all the time)
-Burger King and Jack in the Box sometimes gives you free snacks for being polite and not an impatient jerk.

The only problem when inside a restaurant
-The drive-thru jerk is now a good chunk of the people inside Panda Express
-Chipotle Orders where people are confused what makes a "burrito"
-The people who still ask a dozen questions at taco bell, only to walk away because they don't want to pay $5 for the nacho box

tetsuo
May 12, 2001

I am a shaman, magician

Fanged Lawn Wormy posted:

waht about that person in front of you who inexplicably takes like 20 minutes but their order doesn't seem to be especially large??? like what took so long?? :thunk:
Had someone do that for a small frosty at Wendy's last week. aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Fanged Lawn Wormy posted:

The Aardvark posted:

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

TelevisedInsanity posted:

When people do those big orders in fast food lines, it's one of the most frustrating things. Usually I am okay when it's like 4 separate combos, 4 is like my limit (because I assume nuclear family) but when it gets into the EXTREME custom orders like "Cheeseburger No Cheese, No Tomato" and then when the inercom says "hamburger no tomato" and they INSIST it's "Cheeseburger No Cheese"

I have decided it's easier to just go inside to order and make it to-go, lots of pros
-McDonalds Ketchup Station, Get Those Paper Cups to Dip Fries in the Car, Easy Correction On Orders If They Screw Up (it happens at the one near me all the time)
-Burger King and Jack in the Box sometimes gives you free snacks for being polite and not an impatient jerk.

The only problem when inside a restaurant
-The drive-thru jerk is now a good chunk of the people inside Panda Express
-Chipotle Orders where people are confused what makes a "burrito"
-The people who still ask a dozen questions at taco bell, only to walk away because they don't want to pay $5 for the nacho box

lol

Fanged Lawn Wormy
Jan 4, 2008

SQUEAK! SQUEAK! SQUEAK!

tetsuo posted:

Had someone do that for a small frosty at Wendy's last week. aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

All the Wendy’s I have been to in recent memory have insanely long drive thru waits.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

The Wendy's closest to my office has an insanely tight 180 degree turn to go through the drive through and if you're in anything larger than a Hyundai Elantra you either end up so far away from the window that they have to toss your food to you or you run into the building.

Kryostic
Mar 25, 2016

What about those people who pull up about 5 feet from the window in their big SUVs who when they try to pay end up having to open their door or otherwise struggle to throw money at the cashier?

gently caress them too.

But thanks for fulling my taco bell addiction with the $5 you dropped on the ground.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

mods please unmask all "the guys"

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

big nipples big life posted:

er they get their food and it holds up the line.

I'm the perfect fast food orderer. I don't ask for poo poo and it takes me 10 seconds to order. 15 if they're slow.

"How can I help you?"
Number 1 with a diet coke please.
"Will that be all?"
Yes.
"Pull ahead please."
Thank you.

I hate people who have to customize everything and go back and forth for their idiot kids who can't dare eat an onion.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

TelevisedInsanity posted:

Yeah if the drivethru is too long I just go inside and there's generally no one in there. I get in and out and see it's only moved a few cars.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Yeah if the drivethru is too long I just go inside and there's generally no one in there. I get in and out and see it's only moved a few cars.

this is a good feeling, you just owned everyone in that line by being less lazy than them.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
And when there is a two lane drivethru those people that pull ahead of you and try to squeeze in one while your waiting in both lines can go gently caress themselves. It's a 1 person queue for two order stations, get behind me and wait your turn you rear end in a top hat.

(I get mad at fast food etiquette)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hector Delgado
Sep 23, 2007

Time for shore leave!!
Me and a friend would do late night bake/Pokemon Go/24hr McDonalds runs once, maybe twice a week always around the same time. Ended up becoming "friends" with the 2 women working there thru small talk. Busy nights was no problem, slow ones would have us trapped at the first window, hearing about the husband, his family, the vacation, whatever. Like 10 minutes if no one rolls in behind us. Didn't really get any free food either. Eventually had to start frequenting a new 24hr McD's and have a "no chat" rule.
Thats my story.