Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Whataburger was Texas' hidden gem, a series of small A-shaped temples built to the glory of the fast food burger. It's since spread out to a few of the lesser nearby states. Recently, the whole church was purchased by some mobsters in Chicago or something. Presumably soon more states will have a refuge to run to when someone from California goes on about their burger chain with the horrible spongey fries and overcooked grilled onions.

[Where to Find one?
There are 680 in Texas and smattering of others in the nearby southier states. Just look for a big orange-and-white striped building.

Whata to get?

Just get a number 1, that's what I do. It's great the way it comes. I don't add cheese, I'm just that way but reports are it's good with cheese, in the way things are good with cheese, at least. The special burgs they do occasionally are also super dope and worth trying, especially if it's green chile burger season. I really never had to go further than the burgs, they got other stuff, but I can't even get there, the basic burg is so good.

I know the only reason Whataburger isn't more popular is because of the endemic horribleness/glory of my homestate, since just objectively it is the best possible fast food burger.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
freakin stuck at work dreamin of whataburg irl imo tbh rn

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

YOUR LIPS SAY 0, BUT YOUR EYES SAY 1.

This is me trying to win the lottery so I can build my own private mini-WB with staff so that I don't have to eat with the plebs.

Mine will only make like 5 things. Who the gently caress is eating chicken at WB?

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
whataburger chicken is godlike

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Yeah, I'd talk poo poo on they chicken but I've heard enough from people who basically only get their chicken and honey biscuits who loving love it. Maybe someday I'll find out.

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.
Whataburger is a symptom of the disease that is Texas.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

The chicken fajita burrito is pretty solid!

ANUSTART
Jun 26, 2013

ur jiri3-pax(PAD)-ra2 al-tukur2?-re
gu-du-ni an-na-ab-be2
a-ra-/ab-gig-ga\-[(X)]-e-ce

- Wisdom of the ages.
getting flashed working the whataburgee drive thru window , actually not Good

24/7 dining

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Fuckin love that whataburg

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
i accidentally drove home after work instead of whataburger so im still dreamin

flyingporcupine
Feb 21, 2010

by Pragmatica
Whataburger is the only reason I'm glad my grandmother moved to Tulsa. Two more months and and it'll be my first stop on the way from the airport.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

I'm thinkin bout a sweet n spicy bacon burger with extra grilled onions, peppers and even jalepenos for lunch.

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves

Love it

Only place I could get a Patty Melt at 4 in the morning.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Those fuckers got rid of the Monterey Melt. They replaced it with the mushroom swiss which is still good, but nothing will replace the greasy puddle in my heart that was the Monterey Melt.

Dillon2
Apr 3, 2018
Should've called it the Whatathread, OP

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Just got myself a buffalo ranch chicken sandwich yesterday and it was LEGIT

Dillon2
Apr 3, 2018

Snazzy Frocks posted:

Sometimes they come out lukewarm and it's really flipping disgusting but if you get them when they're pipping hot they are unbeatable

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

tweet my meat posted:

Those fuckers got rid of the Monterey Melt. They replaced it with the mushroom swiss which is still good, but nothing will replace the greasy puddle in my heart that was the Monterey Melt.

Dude, I swear to blob I seen the Monterrey melt last week??

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I loved Whattaburger when I was in Texas. It’s good though wish the fries were better. My go to was the double meat with cheese Whattaburger Jr. their fancy ketchup and spicy were good.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

Snazzy Frocks posted:

Make sure to sign up for the app, they occasionally pop up with offers. Like right now its buy one buff chick get one free for the next two days. Get ur buff chick now! Also for you buffalo chicken fans I know secrets... So as you know it's a seasonal item and not always on the menu, but one day I was shown the light.

So I was craving a buff chick and it was off the menu for the time being and I tried to order one anyway, awesome employee said:

"sorry its not on the menu anymore..... hold up... we can make one for you, ok we'll order a Honey BBQ Chicken Strip Sandwich... dry(no sauce)... sub toast for bun... add buffalo add ranch! Bam there you go!"

He was my hero. After I got that revelation to avoid being that guy at the window I downloaded the app and just make it in there before I leave my house.

Bun sub not shown.

Usually they give it to me without sauce applied but with a tub of Ranch and a tub of Buffalo in the bag, which is even better so I can apply what I want at home :hellyeah:

Dillon2
Apr 3, 2018
Had a double meat and large unsweet tea with large fries, spicy ketchup. The vegetables weren't too moist. I thoroughly enjoyed this dining experience

Dillon2
Apr 3, 2018

Dillon2 posted:

Had a double meat and large unsweet tea with large fries, spicy ketchup. The vegetables weren't too moist. I thoroughly enjoyed this dining experience

Update: Everything is bigger in Texas much like my turds after WHataburger!!!!!!!!!

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Whataburger now with the limited time only BBQ Bacon Burger

owns

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Way too much BBQ on it, stick with the sweet and spicy bacon burg imo

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
monterey melt for lunch/dinner

sausage egg sandwich on jalapeno cheddar biscuit for breakfast/midnight snack

Whataburger is the best

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

#1 with mayo and mustard, on texas toast. onion rings, not fries

also pro-tip, the biscuits and gravy is the same price as a plain biscuit, a plain sausage biscuit, and a side of regular (not sausage) gravy. they have two kinds of gravy!

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I pretty much stick with the honey bbq chicken strip sandwich but will change over to BBQ ranch, the A1 burger or sweet and spicy burger when they're around. Once in a while I used to order the chicken strip dinner but they always seem to kind of get mad when I ask for it????? So I don't anymore.

I don't like their fries but still order them as a spicy ketchup delivery system.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

The sweet and spicy bacon burger is ALWAYS around pardner.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
one day it will die just like the better a1 thick and hearty was finally slain

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down
Double meat, double cheese and no tomatoes

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Chief McHeath posted:

The sweet and spicy bacon burger is ALWAYS around pardner.

If so it's not on the menu here )= . We didn't get the Dr. Pepper shake until this month though so maybe we're just on a different cycle.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

It's on the "All Time Favorites" menu and I haven't seen it off-menu in three years living in Whataburger territory :shrug:

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
I will likely go there tomorrow so I wilil check again.

torgo
Aug 13, 2003

Fun Shoe

Look, me and the Whataburger people got this little misunderstanding. They're Whataburger; I'm Whatta-Burger.

Phraggah
Nov 11, 2011

A rocket fuel made of Doritos? Yeah, I could kind of see it.
when is the chili season at water burger

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
I solved the mystery of the sweet and spicy burger, that reminds me. It IS a regional thing:

https://stories.whataburger.com/whataburger-makes-magical-update-to-all-time-favorites-menu/

I am in the region that gets the green chile burger instead of sweet and spicy bacon. However, you can order the sweet and spicy bacon online (so I imagine they would probably make it for you if you asked for it in the drive-thru, too).

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
The pico de gallo burger is . .. pretty darn good.

uli2000
Feb 23, 2015
Whattaburger brings back a ton of memories. I always try to hit it up when I'm back in AZ. Green chile burger 4 life!

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

phoenix to jacksonville, that's crazy. my boy's all grow'd up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

It's a beautiful.