Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

it's a real shame Whataburger is Texan 'cause Whataburger is good and Texas is not

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

now do it for apple pie and america

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

apple pie really isn't my favorite. If we're going with pies, I'd prefer "It's a real shame pecan pie is American 'cause pecan pie is good and America is not"

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

TipTow posted:

apple pie really isn't my favorite. If we're going with pies, I'd prefer "It's a real shame pecan pie is American 'cause pecan pie is good and America is not"

if only a noble state out there would name pecan as its state pie

----------------

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

evidently i am not as well-versed in the state pies of this not-so-fine country as you. double shame about pecan pie now

Anyway jalepeno cheddar biscuits are really good. I like em with the #22

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

wolfs posted:

the southern burger is not especially good

it’s … a coleslaw burger? hot coleslaw isnt my bag
I figured as much about the burger so I tried the chicken/bacon one (ordered the spicy version, but they were out so I would up with a regular Whatachicken patty) and thought it held up fine. Intended to eat ASAP but got interrupted so it sat for ~15 minutes and I thought it was still fine. Breading might serve as more of a border between the hot meat and slaw that you get with a burger. The slaw wasn't super cold but it hadn't gotten unpleasantly warm, at least to my taste. Really not much different than a traditional lettuce experience.

Cheech Marinade
Apr 17, 2002
Can't believe we get this loving CHUD slaw burger, instead of bringing back GOD's own burger, the Chop House Cheddar Burger.

SMH

CRAZY KNUCKLES FAN
Aug 12, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
Had the Chili Cheese burger on Texas Toast, it's definitely up there as one of the better LTOs they've put out.

----------------

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Yeah I like it quite a bit. I'm a sucker for a chili cheese burger in general and this is good one.

:sss: :tbear: Oel ngati kameie Los Ingobernables de Onsite BYOB
Seared tuna steak, served with ponzu sauce and wasabi.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 07:55 May 03, 2015 posted:

sometimes i rub Fabreeze on my hands and now my hands are very dry.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 04:55 Apr 10, 2017 posted:

It was nice knowing you all. Sometimes.

I still believe in Second Winter. Put this in your sig if you also believe in that and that it is real and not fake like the others say.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

realizing with the chain's recent expansion there are lots of people who've eaten there who have no idea what this is

https://www.centraltexasspiritwear.com/homecoming-mum-gallery?pgid=jocvz3rp-c5925362-82d1-4d76-b05f-6606571616e8

----------------

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

How messy is the chili burger is it like a don't get that if you have to do anything later kind of item

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

How messy is the chili burger is it like a don't get that if you have to do anything later kind of item

it's a chili item that's not in a tortilla. don't order it on the way to a wedding

----------------

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

I got it today and it was really good. I definitely would not try to eat it in a car, or while draped in white linens en route to like a cult suicide event, but didn't actually have any problems handling the thing. I think the Chop House Cheddar Burger (that I haven't seen in a while?) might've been messier.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Thinking to Breakfast Burger and Sausage, Egg & Cheese Taquito when breakfast starts in 1/2 hour.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem
:siren:REWARDS PROGRAM CHANGING:siren:

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous cumhead!

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

Bum the Sad posted:

:siren:REWARDS PROGRAM CHANGING:siren:

EDIT: POST SO NICE I MADE IT TWICE gently caress YOU

----------------

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

never tried the fish, is it dece?

----------------

CRAZY KNUCKLES FAN
Aug 12, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
The Buffalo Ranch Chicken Strip Sandwich is back. That is all

----------------

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

CRAZY KNUCKLES FAN posted:

The Buffalo Ranch Chicken Strip Sandwich is back. That is all

it never left if you had gumption

----------------

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

Bum the Sad posted:

Make sure to sign up for the app, they occasionally pop up with offers. Like right now its buy one buff chick get one free for the next two days. Get ur buff chick now! Also for you buffalo chicken fans I know secrets... So as you know it's a seasonal item and not always on the menu, but one day I was shown the light.

So I was craving a buff chick and it was off the menu for the time being and I tried to order one anyway, awesome employee said:

"sorry its not on the menu anymore..... hold up... we can make one for you, ok we'll order a Honey BBQ Chicken Strip Sandwich... dry(no sauce)... sub toast for bun... add buffalo add ranch! Bam there you go!"

He was my hero. After I got that revelation to avoid being that guy at the window I downloaded the app and just make it in there before I leave my house.

Bun sub not shown.

Usually they give it to me without sauce applied but with a tub of Ranch and a tub of Buffalo in the bag, which is even better so I can apply what I want at home :hellyeah:

Things have changed since this post. You can't just add ranch to the sangwidge, but you can order a tub for 50 cents. They also might not have Buffalo Sauce tubs "out of season" but you can buy squeeze bottles of buffalo at HEB. So I just always keep Whataburger buffalo in my fridge.

----------------

CRAZY KNUCKLES FAN
Aug 12, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Bum the Sad posted:

Things have changed since this post. You can't just add ranch to the sangwidge, but you can order a tub for 50 cents. They also might not have Buffalo Sauce tubs "out of season" but you can buy squeeze bottles of buffalo at HEB. So I just always keep Whataburger buffalo in my fridge.

Yeah the app took the buffalo sauce off awhile back

----------------

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

CRAZY KNUCKLES FAN posted:

Yeah the app took the buffalo sauce off awhile back

Yeah just like the ranch as a free topping option.

----------------

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

cut the condiments and just get a side of gravy smh

----------------

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007
What the HELL? That's my cutting board.

Whataburger emailed me saying they missed me, I got a free Patty Melt combo for my trouble and some Picante & Salsa Verde for the next time I make breakfast tacos. And I got a reward for a free Breakfast Burger, so it's probably good that my nearest Whataburger is an 8 mile round trip.

Food was good, could have used more sauce.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem
drat. Those fuckers just gave me a free Whataburger Jr.

----------------

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

I'm going to take like four days of vacation this summer just to ride my motorcycle down to Dallas, eat Whataburger, and come back

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

I'm gonna win this and start a Whataburger-themed Twitch streaming persona

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Is that computer just built in a frame instead of a case? Is that a thing?

I did a search and found "open air PC cases" exist but even those look like they mostly still have some protection around the sides, top, and bottom.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

:sss: :tbear: Oel ngati kameie Los Ingobernables de Onsite BYOB
Seared tuna steak, served with ponzu sauce and wasabi.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 07:55 May 03, 2015 posted:

sometimes i rub Fabreeze on my hands and now my hands are very dry.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 04:55 Apr 10, 2017 posted:

It was nice knowing you all. Sometimes.

I still believe in Second Winter. Put this in your sig if you also believe in that and that it is real and not fake like the others say.

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

I am craving a Whataburger

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

las vegas has whataburger now

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat

JAnon
Jul 16, 2023

the only things I eat from Whataburger are grilled cheese, fries and a cookie. that's all I gotta say

also I'm autistic so. yeah

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

might get some whataburger in 2024

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
bring back the monterey melt in 2024

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Got an email from Whataburger about their new limited time only Wings

Right after I move states away from the Whataburgers

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

They're boneless, and it looks like they only come in a 9-piece, which is $8.99 or $11.99 for the combo. I'm sure they're fine but they've already got boneless chicken, I would've rather had most any of the LTO burgers.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Got an email from Whataburger about their new limited time only Wings

Right after I move states away from the Whataburgers

well if you escaped the south grats for that.

----------------

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

They're supposedly building the first whataburger here now .. it's been like a year since they broke ground I guess they having been having issues.

They claim it's still happening though.

We got Braums here which I think is one of the better fast food burgers available and the price hasn't gone insane like other national chains.

It's a regional chain and they don't open stores that are too far away from their cow farms in Oklahoma.

They serve burgers and fries but also have like a mini grocery store with staples plus all sorts of dairy products from their cows too. Fancy A2 milk which is supposed to be tolerated by people with certain kinds of lactose intolerance. Pretty great extra sharp cheddar cheese and every flavor of ice cream you can imagine.

It's pretty good I recommend it if you are ever traveling through the literal middle of America and see one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

ate whataburger todau