Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Arguing about Lore for 5 years and counting

Edit: hell of a snipe!

Moon Slayer posted:

Well thread I'm afraid I've got bad news. I lost my job last week. I've been furloughed since early April but now found out for sure that I wouldn't be coming back.

I'm very fortunate enough to be in a position where I'm not in immediate danger of losing food or housing. And before all of this started I had applied for a training program that starts in August so there was a good chance that I was going to be leaving anyway.

No matter what, though, I'm going to be going through some fairly big life changes in the next few months. So I think it's probably a good idea to just bring this LP to an end now. It was always a long shot that I was going to get through even a majority of the story but yeah I'm pretty disappointed.

In the next few days I'll post some final thoughts on the game and talk about where I had planned to take Alora as a character. Stay tuned!

The LP curse strikes again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

My condolences. Glad you're secure financially! Welcome to the covid joblessness club. We have sourdough starters and fresh tomatoes. And the time to fight the police.

Dalris Othaine
Oct 14, 2013

I think, therefore I am inevitable.
Yeah, between new job and finishing out my degree I just never had quite enough spoons for poor Seinndra. Future plot points included making friends with large creatures on other planets, pondering the nature of the Force and the role of the Jedi, and generally wishing she was somewhere else.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

And now, some closing thoughts:

I'm not going to get too into whether I think the game is good or bad. There's a thread for that and you can go ask them. Obviously I've put a large amount of time into it, though, so that should tell you something. I also had to edit out a bunch of stuff to make the LP more interesting, which should also tell you something.

Unlike Star Trek: Online, however, I feel comfortable recommending the game to people if you want to check it out. It's free to play and the f2p model is pretty generous. Again, you can read the OP in the Games thread about it for more information.

While I'm disappointed to be ending the LP, of course, it was always going to be a longshot. Especially because the parts of the game I was most interested in showing off was the expansion stuff, not the base game. But to get the full impact of the expansion stuff you really need to have done a lot of the base game, including all 8 class stories.

I'm going to spoil this next section about what my plans for Alora were on the very off chance that I ever come back to this: She was going to fall at the end of Knight Chapter 2 (because she's a bad Jedi, in case you didn't pick up on that) and I was going to restart her as the Sith Warrior with her memory wiped. It was going to be a pretty sweet twist, not gonna lie. She was going to start off as your bog-standard grimdark angry Sith but slowly get disillusioned with the casual cruelty. After an experience on Tatooine in the Warrior's class story she was going to be light side for the rest of the game. And then in the expansion stuff I was going to let the thread vote on whether she considered herself a Sith or Jedi. Also I was going to finish off the Knight class story as Kira.

Anyway, by far my greatest disappointment is that I never got to use this line at the beginning of the Chapter 1 finale, which I was planning on turning into Alora's catchphrase:

: This isn't a suicide mission, it's a homicide mission.

Thanks for reading!

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Arguing about Lore for 5 years and counting

Too bad, it sounded like an interesting idea.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

That's a neat idea! Very ambitious. How very in character of you, Moon Slayer.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

I flew too close to the LP sun on this one, though.

I may try my hand at a much shorter game. One that you can't play for 100+ hours.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dalris Othaine
Oct 14, 2013

I think, therefore I am inevitable.

Moon Slayer posted:

I flew too close to the LP sun on this one, though.

I may try my hand at a much shorter game. One that you can't play for 100+ hours.

Same - this was pretty fun! No idea which one I'd do, but "same" nonetheless.