Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
WHERE CAN I WATCH THIS?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JCTY6MxJ4I

LOGISTICS

Venue: Saint Anselm College's Sullivan Arena in Manchester, NH
Sponsors: ABC News, Apple News
Moderators: George Stephanopoulos, David Muir, and Linsey Davis

CANDIDATES

Bernard "Bernie" Sanders :bernget20:
Quote: "Let justice roll on like a river; righteousness, like a never-failing stream."

Joseph Robinette "Joe" Biden, Jr. :cloud:
Quote: “CornPop was a bad dude and he ran a bunch of bad boys."

Elizabeth Ann Warren :engleft:
Quote: "Dementors or big bank CEOs, I'm ready to take 'em on — let's do this!"

Peter Paul Montgomery "Pete" Buttigieg :gifttank:
Quote: “It’s an embarrassing thing to admit, the people who wrote the Constitution did not understand that slavery was a bad thing."

Amy Jean Klobuchar :abuela:
Quote: "I would prefer a public option that would be a competitive option that would allow people to buy into a Federal Employee Health Benefits Program, which is a series of private plans."

Andrew Yang :roboluv:
Quote: "You know, it's been a point of confusion because I don't look much like a white nationalist."

Thomas Fahr "Tom" Steyer :regd09:
Quote: "I just want to say hi, Joe Biden, yeah, good. OK."

WHY IT MATTERS

Mayor Pete received a huge bump after outperforming expectations in the Iowa caucus, which catastrophically mismanaged by the Iowa Democratic Party, leading to the results still being distrusted. Pete needs to defend his premature victory announcement and why the winner should be decided by an arcane caucus metric instead of who received the most votes. Bernie needs to counter with his own narrative about why he won. Biden needs to explain why he performed so poorly and how he can come back. All of the other candidates are pissed at Pete, so hopefully it will be a bloodbath.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sand maggot
Jan 3, 2020

gently caress #MayorCheat and his letter agency/billionaire owners for literally committing election fraud.

The General Secretary and the Revolutionary Vanguard were successfully able to repel and expose the billionaire agenda on the ground.

Onward, comrades.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

welcome to the granite state, motherfuckers

may it be a bloodbath for everyone but berno

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5iAIM02kv0g

Brrrmph
Feb 27, 2016

Слава Україні!
Liz should use the last gasps of her campaign to endorse Bernie from the stage tonight.

TheDon01
Mar 8, 2009

Heated Gaming Moment posted:

Liz should use the last gasps of her campaign to endorse Bernie from the stage tonight.

Watch Joe drop out and try to endorse pete but gently caress the delivery like he did with the Joe 30 33300 thing

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Looking forward to Biden attempting a McChristie-esque fatality move on Pete.

"Look, Jack, I don't mind if you're light in the loafers. It's the 90s after all. But it doesn't take a cobbler to see your footprints on that beach. When I was a lifeguard I woulda- we had a rule you don't piss in my pool and call it rain. Don't spit in my pomade you mousetrap!"

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
there is already an ongoing debate thread: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3904382

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Owlbear Camus posted:

Looking forward to Biden attempting a McChristie-esque fatality move on Pete.

"Look, Jack, I don't mind if you're light in the loafers. It's the 90s after all. But it doesn't take a cobbler to see your footprints on that beach. When I was a lifeguard I woulda- we had a rule you don't piss in my pool and call it rain. Don't spit in my pomade you mousetrap!"

Lol

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'd like to believe everyone will be dunking on Pete but realistically the DNC handlers will have already ordered all the candidates to attack Bernie.

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

R u ready flr some rat mode!!!!7

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Oh whoops. I was just trying to do it like it used to be where we had individual event threads for debates

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
Yeah they reopen it a few days from each debate and close it a few days afterward. I'd rather us all continue that one than have separate threads for the same thing.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
this is going to make me die i can already tell

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

Dolphin posted:

I'd like to believe everyone will be dunking on Pete but realistically the DNC handlers will have already ordered all the candidates to attack Bernie.
Thank God the dnc is a pack of pants making GBS threads losers who have no practical method of enforcing their will

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Flavius Aetass posted:

Yeah they reopen it a few days from each debate and close it a few days afterward. I'd rather us all continue that one than have separate threads for the same thing.

Mods can delete this then, although I still like the idea of the thread having an OP with updated info

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
Where's vermin control, the debate is infested

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Lemming posted:

Where's vermin control, the debate is infested

bernie walks out onto the debate stage wearing this:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
in before thread close

keep this thread gas other one imo, this is the place to be

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

bernie walks out onto the debate stage carrying this:

Anne Frank Funk
Nov 4, 2008

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

Chokes McGee posted:

in before thread close

keep this thread gas other one imo, this is the place to be

:hmmyes:

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
mayo Pete is giving vermin supreme a bad name

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
hey jsut reserving a spot here

nobody take my chair i left a jacket on it

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

Looks like I got me a great seat AND a new coat

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Bernie Sanders

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Over Easy posted:

Looks like I got me a great seat AND a new coat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Mb5JbXxA88&t=68s

Koishi Komeiji
Mar 30, 2003

triple sulk posted:

Bernie Sanders

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

using the actual language of the literal nazis is not good i can't believe this is going to be a controversial take

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

anyway nice thread gently caress the debate not gonna watch it cuz bernie is my husband

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

juche avocado posted:

using the actual language of the literal nazis is not good i can't believe this is going to be a controversial take

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

it is true that libs on twitter can sometimes be almost correct even if they're stupidly so

Anne Frank Funk
Nov 4, 2008

juche avocado posted:

At the risk of :thejoke:

Literal nazis paint groups of people as animals because they are racist. I paint Pete Buttigieg a rat because of the ratfucking, Liz Warren a snake because of her being a loving traitor.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

juche avocado posted:

it is true that libs on twitter can sometimes be almost correct even if they're stupidly so

Sounds like something to bring up in the Succ zone because this thread is for having fun watching the debate together and laughing at the fact that Pete Buttigieg is a rodent of the genus Rattus

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

bernie walks out onto the debate stage wearing this:

Holy poo poo Ratface is Todd isn't he

Complete sociopath but to the normal person looks "respectable", murders children, has close ties to a right wing group that runs clandestine assassinations

Feldegast42 has issued a correction as of 21:44 on Feb 7, 2020

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

They cant just ask Bernie why he declared victory cause theyll get hit with the "because I got more votes dummy" response. Im super excited to see how how hosed up the question framing is going to be to specifically avoid this.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Acelerion posted:

They cant just ask Bernie why he declared victory cause theyll get hit with the "because I got more votes dummy" response. Im super excited to see how how hosed up the question framing is going to be to specifically avoid this.

Something like "why aren't you using the metric that actually determines delegates when you declare victory?"

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

Theyll ask Warren how sad is it that Bernie is stealing Pete's victory

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Mr. Bootygreg, how did it feel to be told by Mr. Sanders that a gay man could never become president