Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stroth
Mar 31, 2007

All Problems Solved

azsedcf posted:

The log covers August to October 2019.
I assume 2 things, though there has been little to no information on this so far that I remember,
that 1) The calendar in game is the same as our world,
and 2) the current date in game is probably on or after Oct 27, 2019.
[/spoiler]

It's implied through some a vague hint that the game takes place on a thursday. Making today October 31. Of course.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stroth
Mar 31, 2007

All Problems Solved

Mokinokaro posted:

I never made that connection either. I figured the NSC was just some Eldritch nuclear system

AltaBrown posted:

So that would make it the (actual possible spoiler based on previous discussion) Northmoor Special Containment, then?

Well of course it's completely unrelated I'm sure but if you explore enough you might find a bank of monitors hooked to thermal imaging cameras showing a human shaped thermal hotspot walking around

It's right below the big sign saying "Northmoor Sarcophagus Containment"

Stroth
Mar 31, 2007

All Problems Solved

Shei-kun posted:

I hope you don't mind generalized anxiety!

Anyone working for the FBC that doesn't have some kind of mild anxiety disorder by the time they finish their employee induction probably isn't cut out for the job anyway.

Stroth
Mar 31, 2007

All Problems Solved

azsedcf posted:

In regards to this, it seems to imply that Darling is keeping her out of it for the reason of either because of the danger of the project, or that she might not be able to deal with the "unpredictable" nature of it.
Also, I read it as Darling thinking Emily would not like the fact that she was not on the research team, not that she would not like the results/methods. And either way Emily would find out about it eventually, though it does not seem to imply how she would.

I always saw that as Darling wanting to keep her out only because he considered it very dangerous, enough so that he expected it to potentially kill everyone involved if something went wrong. So he wanted her uninvolved so there would be someone to take over the department if he went down.

Stroth
Mar 31, 2007

All Problems Solved

IMJack posted:

I can't watch Jesse exercise her new power without hearing Fatboy Slim's "Weapon of Choice" in my head.

Well that's one of my favorite games that I'm not gonna be able to play for months.

Stroth
Mar 31, 2007

All Problems Solved

Nidoking posted:

The Mirror holds a challenge that I think has been greatly diminished with subsequent updates to the game

Her AI was godamn mean when the game first came out. It is possible that I've just gotten better on subsequent play throughs, but yeah I'm personally quite sure that one got dialed back quite a bit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stroth
Mar 31, 2007

All Problems Solved
No sign of it in the patches, but she is one of the bosses they added a new control point for, which might do it on its own just from the lessened frustration of having to hike all the way back every time.