Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:
what the heck is with some the kamala harris supporters on twitter? a lot of them are super anti-Bernie and are still acting like she's running? are people planning to write-in or something? man i gotta log off twitter it's wild.

aw crap this is the debate thread, not the primary thread. nevermind.

Lazy_Liberal fucked around with this message at 06:31 on Feb 9, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Oh boy, the KHive are something else.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Uglycat posted:

If the sole result of his run is that the brilliant minority voices - the people who mic check him at events, and many people who wouldn't dare - are elevated onto this national stage and drown out the white folk talking from podiums (save Bernie, of course - though I'm confident he has the sense to at least yield the floor!)... if that's the sole result, he's done a service to his city and his nation.

So Pete is doing the country a service by being terrible and racist enough that people openly protest his events? That's some twisted loving logic.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Gripweed posted:

I am very looking forward to Pete dropping out of the race and not a single human being outside of Illiniois ever talking about South Bend ever again

He’s going to be running for office for the rest of all of our lives.

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012
After the money that he's raised and the connections to billionaires, I guarantee he's getting a cushy gig at CAP or something like that, and he's going to be a guest on MSNBC for the rest of his life.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

joepinetree posted:

After the money that he's raised and the connections to billionaires, I guarantee he's getting a cushy gig at CAP or something like that, and he's going to be a guest on MSNBC for the rest of his life.

That or one of his wall st sugar daddy’s will hire him and he’ll cash in.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Main Paineframe posted:

So Pete is doing the country a service by being terrible and racist enough that people openly protest his events? That's some twisted loving logic.

Pete has been playing a villain this whole time, for the greater good. When Bernie finally puts him to the sword, they will look into each others' eyes and there will be an understanding there. Bernie will silently communicate to Pete that he will lead this country as Pete would have wanted. Pete dies a villain, but Bernie knows the real story.

gohmak
Feb 12, 2004
cookies need love

Ytlaya posted:

Pete has been playing a villain this whole time, for the greater good. When Bernie finally puts him to the sword, they will look into each others' eyes and there will be an understanding there. Bernie will silently communicate to Pete that he will lead this country as Pete would have wanted. Pete dies a villain, but Bernie knows the real story.

The Rat Who Sat By the Door.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

joepinetree posted:

If he can’t win an election, he’s completely worthless. Either this cycle somehow becomes a boon to his career or he flounders into irrelevancy in a changing political environment.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

Ytlaya posted:

Commissioner gordon’s son asks “why is Pete running, dad?”

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Polybius91 posted:

How much do debate performances matter, really? Trump ate poo poo in all his debates with Hillary, after all.

No he won at least the first and third, decisively

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012

Cpt_Obvious posted:

If he can’t win an election, he’s completely worthless. Either this cycle somehow becomes a boon to his career or he flounders into irrelevancy in a changing political environment.

Worthless for whom?

Because for the institutions built around the democratic party, raising money is far more important than winning elections. If Bernie wins, or if a centrist wins and then loses to Trump, Buttigieg will get a job at CAP, crooked media, CNN, Kennedy School of Government or third way and appear on cable TV whenever president Bernie tries something radical. If a centrist is president, he is going to be in the NSC or ambassador to Norway or something like that. Either way, long term plan is to pull a Hillary and run for senate in a place like NY eventually.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

joepinetree posted:

Worthless for whom?

Because for the institutions built around the democratic party, raising money is far more important than winning elections. If Bernie wins, or if a centrist wins and then loses to Trump, Buttigieg will get a job at CAP, crooked media, CNN, Kennedy School of Government or third way and appear on cable TV whenever president Bernie tries something radical. If a centrist is president, he is going to be in the NSC or ambassador to Norway or something like that. Either way, long term plan is to pull a Hillary and run for senate in a place like NY eventually.

Generally, I agree with your sentiment. However:

1. Billionaires who control our democracy don't need to raise money from anyone. Bloomberg himself has spent more money than the entire Democratic primary field combined.

2. If Bernie wins the nom and loses the general, then Pete in the Senate is just a new chair on the Titanic.

Cpt_Obvious fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Feb 9, 2020

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012

Cpt_Obvious posted:

Generally, I agree with your sentiment. However:

1. Billionaires who control our democracy need to raise money from anyone. Bloomberg himself has spent more money than the entire Democratic primary field combined.

2. If Bernie wins the nom and loses the general, then Pete in the Senate is just a new chair on the Titanic.
I don't see how any of this affects my point at all. Being a loser who defends the status quo has never gotten anyone fired or demoted.

Just look at Abrams. Went from losing Georgia to high level position at CAP,b from where she does joint events with Bloomberg and releases statements about how it's important to not question the results in Iowa, lest our democracy be harmed.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

joepinetree posted:

I don't see how any of this affects my point at all. Being a loser who defends the status quo has never gotten anyone fired or demoted.

Just look at Abrams. Went from losing Georgia to high level position at CAP,b from where she does joint events with Bloomberg and releases statements about how it's important to not question the results in Iowa, lest our democracy be harmed.

Oh poo poo, I meant billionaires DON'T need to fundraise. But I see your point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a little bit taller
I wish I was a baller
I wish I had a wookie in a hat with a bat
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost
Debate has been over for a couple of days now. Shouldn’t discussion just be reabsorbed into the primary thread?