Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

empty whippet box posted:

do they think everyone will just forget bernie was there?

Bernie is not real to them. Buttigieg or Biden or Klob(lol) are the real candidates, Bernie is just this weird sideshow that will never happen. The most important thing to talk about is how the other candidates are doing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Someone post the video of Christie making GBS threads on Rat gently caress. I would like to see it.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

mcmagic posted:

Christie is a horrible person but I think he understands democrats better than most other chuds.

Christie seems more human in the angry petty way than the usual sociopathy chuds tend to have now, without Donald Trump's dementia brain.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

Sydin posted:

The thing is though was that she was actually succeeding pretty well in that role and even polling ahead of Bernie early on, but then she flipped on M4A and suddenly veered into the centrist lane. If she had just stayed the course of pushing progressive policy - even if she was lying her rear end off while doing so - she'd be way more viable right now imo.

She fell for the “OMG Democrats are so far left now” nonsense and then tried to pickup votes that were always gonna go to Trump.

SchrodingersCat
Aug 23, 2011

puppets freak me out posted:

I can see what you mean. It comes down to whether or not the big media entities who are able to shape these narratives are getting their marching orders from the same place, or if they're all operating in a self-interested way that comes from ownership that is anti-Bernie, but focused on a different centrist candidate that they believe would favor them

I think it's moot. I really think Bernie is going to end up first or second in every state and crush the competition while they split the centrist vote.

Rad Russian
Aug 15, 2007

Soviet Power Supreme!

puppets freak me out posted:

exactly, it ends up being a huge advantage for Bernie, if only because they still have yet to unite behind a single succdem, it allows Bernie to carry the standard of progressivism unopposed

it rules.

Previously the DNC would just coronate a single candidate like Hillary so it would always work well. There's a reason Biden didn't run last time. He was told not to and he listened like a good dog. DNC got beaten so bad they're not in control to keep everyone from running anymore which is good for a single progressive candidate getting their 30% of vote which is now enough to win states.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Found it.

https://twitter.com/ABC/status/1225989574062755841

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Dude Christie is annihilating Pete

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005
Rahm Emanuel, a Democrat, talking about gateway drugs in 2020. That gently caress should be in prison not on TV

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

gandlethorpe posted:

What is Chasten's deal anyway? I heard they met on Hinge, which I downloaded out of curiosity and found everyone to be creepy careerists.

All I know is that everyone who won the contest to see Hamilton with Chasten hasn't been seen or heard from since.

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

deus ex soundtrack is back on

Polybius91
Jun 4, 2012

Cobrastan is not a real country.
How much do debate performances matter, really? Trump ate poo poo in all his debates with Hillary, after all.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Rad Russian posted:

Previously the DNC would just coronate a single candidate like Hillary so it would always work well. There's a reason Biden didn't run last time. He was told not to and he listened like a good dog. DNC got beaten so bad they're not in control to keep everyone from running anymore which is good for a single progressive candidate getting their 30% of vote which is now enough to win states.

TBF, Biden's son just died of brain cancer. I don't think he had it in him.

puppets freak me out
Dec 18, 2015

SchrodingersCat posted:

I think it's moot. I really think Bernie is going to end up first or second in every state and crush the competition while they split the centrist vote.

Oh I agree completely, not sure if I was able to communicate that well in my current state

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

Polybius91 posted:

How much do debate performances matter, really? Trump ate poo poo in all his debates with Hillary, after all.

not to the GOP he didn't.

and Bernie didn't eat poo poo at all from any reasonable perspective.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

Polybius91 posted:

The bar for republicans watching the debates to decide if they were gonna vote for Trump or not was whether he literally poo poo his pants.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Hasan on twitch has a bunch of people on if you don't want to watch msm bullshit

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

Wiltsghost posted:

Hasan on twitch has a bunch of people on if you don't want to watch msm bullshit

do the link

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Didn't Christie get his stomach stapled? This is not meant in any way to be body shaming, but how the gently caress does he even maintain after that procedure? People I know who have had it done say it's hell and they can't get anything down

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Sam Seder is going to be Hayes on MSNBC in a few mins.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

CubanMissile posted:

The bar for republicans watching the debates to decide if they were gonna vote for Trump or not was whether he literally poo poo his pants.

Don't be naive. If he could kill a man on fifth avenue, he could poo poo his pants on stage.

gohmak
Feb 12, 2004
cookies need love
what the gently caress is going on?

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

Polybius91 posted:

They've had some effect but it's always kind of hard to tell what kind except in really obvious cases like Harris.

(Also I don't think I'd ever point to the debates as to why 2016 went the way it did since the Hillary campaign is right there)

TURGID TOMFOOLERY
Nov 1, 2019

Just got home from work.

What are some of the highlights my friends? Any good zingers?

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

https://www.twitch.tv/hasanabi

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Didn't Christie get his stomach stapled? This is not meant in any way to be body shaming, but how the gently caress does he even maintain after that procedure? People I know who have had it done say it's hell and they can't get anything down

Yeah he did lol.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

TURGID TOMFOOLERY posted:

Just got home from work.

Pete got bodied by the moderator and Biden was more incoherent than usual

Steyer also really wanted to be Bernie's friend

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

I like how the pundits basically say outright "Listen we don't have a lot to talk about with Bernie because he's always 100% consistent with his message and he takes all the attacks and pivots them into his message"

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

can i just say, gently caress CNN to hell

Kibbles n Shits
Apr 8, 2006

burgerpug.png

Fun Shoe

Couldn't beat a man who can't spell hamburger in an election

Polybius91
Jun 4, 2012

Cobrastan is not a real country.
The kinds of people making these things literally do not give a poo poo about actual policy, huh?

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Just got home from work.

Jeff Bezos admitted that Bernie won tonight's debate.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Why did trump bother to draft dodge hed be an ideal drill sarge

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

This has been my favorite one of these

Cracks me up every time I think about it

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

You shared it with a dick.

Just got home from work.

They asked Pete why arrests on black people went up during his tenure and he basically said "because gangs are black" and it was terrible.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord

Polybius91 posted:

I’m also curious about a similar sentiment I keep reading in D&D about x or y candidate not being able to take on trump. I’ve read multiple times “warren would crumble under trump!” Debates don’t seem to matter because trump shat himself in all the Hilary debates and still won. And like, even if the dem nominee gets slaughtered in debates for whatever reason, I can’t imagine too many democrats deciding it’s suddenly time to switch sides?

Genuinely curious. Not trying to spout nothing matterism or arguing in bad faith. It just seems like, in this particular time and place, the ability to debate and take harassment by trump seems low on the priority list.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

Trump's 2021 inauguration is basically just a sky banner written up with WHO'S THE SMART GUY NOW PETE

BurningChrome
Jan 18, 2020

They said she cooked her own cancers for people who crossed her, rococo custom variations that took years to kill you. They said a lot of things about Chrome, none of them at all reassuring.

You make these yourself? It's great stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

BurningChrome posted:

You make these yourself? It's great stuff.

yeah i haven't quoted all of them but they're literally all good