Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rad Russian
Aug 15, 2007

Soviet Power Supreme!
Biden is such cringe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rad Russian
Aug 15, 2007

Soviet Power Supreme!
Everyone vs Bernie is the debate apparently.

Rad Russian
Aug 15, 2007

Soviet Power Supreme!
Andrew "my only policy is UBI" Yang

Rad Russian
Aug 15, 2007

Soviet Power Supreme!
Pete speaking. *snore*

Rad Russian
Aug 15, 2007

Soviet Power Supreme!
Biden is having his senior nap

Rad Russian
Aug 15, 2007

Soviet Power Supreme!
Biden: People should die cause stuff is expensive.

Rad Russian
Aug 15, 2007

Soviet Power Supreme!

jettisonedstuff posted:

So it's pretty clear at this point that Klobuchar, Biden and the Rat all agreed to attack Bernie nonstop in this debate/

DNC orders

Rad Russian
Aug 15, 2007

Soviet Power Supreme!

gandlethorpe posted:

Who are the fucks applauding Klob?

Crowd is picked by DNC. They did let a few students in as well though.

Rad Russian
Aug 15, 2007

Soviet Power Supreme!

Julias posted:

Seems Warren is shifting to "make prescriptions cheaper"

She walked back all her M4A plans to some lovely status quo but slightly better.

Rad Russian
Aug 15, 2007

Soviet Power Supreme!

The North Tower posted:

Oh gently caress Andrews here?

He said his UBI thing. Nothing else to say.

Rad Russian
Aug 15, 2007

Soviet Power Supreme!

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

Yang needs to go away for 8 years of Bernie and come roaring back to lock us into 16 years of progression.

Yang is a good candidate in Nordic countries. Who are not loving worried about healthcare and affordable living wages.

Rad Russian
Aug 15, 2007

Soviet Power Supreme!

1stGear posted:

On the other hand, Yang just declared he was going to let Trump get away with everything so have we considered that actually he sucks?

He announced a while back that he will pardon all of Trump administration. We made fun of that trash view in the primary thread.

Rad Russian
Aug 15, 2007

Soviet Power Supreme!

Office Pig posted:

He is not human, and no I did not type hyperbole. That is a lizard king wearing manskin.

Reptile gov't conspiracy theorists are freaking out right now

Rad Russian
Aug 15, 2007

Soviet Power Supreme!
SOVIET UNION!!! Way to bring us back to the 60s, Biden.

You got my vote now

Rad Russian
Aug 15, 2007

Soviet Power Supreme!

Failed Imagineer posted:

Lol I've never listened to Yang in a debate before but he is painfully nervous, just hard to watch

He's not a politician. It would be fine if he actually had any good policies.

Rad Russian
Aug 15, 2007

Soviet Power Supreme!

Hellblazer187 posted:

Is Bernie doing good?

Is Pete doing bad?

Those are the two important things.

Biden is doing bad is the only takeaway so far. Too bad all his voters are already sleeping.

Rad Russian
Aug 15, 2007

Soviet Power Supreme!

Hellblazer187 posted:

Is Amy doing well? That could suck some air out of Pete, which would also be good.

I honestly want Pete to do well. He's not going to beat Bernie 1v1 in future states. None of the big states (CA, NY, etc.) like him.

Biden STILL polls incredibly well everywhere. It's unbelievable.

Rad Russian
Aug 15, 2007

Soviet Power Supreme!
"Pete why are you a racist?"

-"Good question, there is a lot of systemic racism in this country..."

Rad Russian
Aug 15, 2007

Soviet Power Supreme!

puppets freak me out posted:

Ahahaha Warren just giving the "no"

Although I'm not sure Warren can talk about race credibly

"As a native american I faced a lot of racism at Harvard"

Rad Russian
Aug 15, 2007

Soviet Power Supreme!
Biden: "BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACKS"

Rad Russian
Aug 15, 2007

Soviet Power Supreme!

Failed Imagineer posted:

"the letter was very brisket (??) significant (??)..."

STILL POLLS HIGHEST IN MANY STATES

Rad Russian
Aug 15, 2007

Soviet Power Supreme!

Apocalypse posted:

I don't know what you guys are talking about. This was the weakest moment for Bernie. He didn't back up Nina, and then he let Joe Biden off the hook for YEARS of actions that have hurt minority communities. This was loving terrible.

That's my biggest criticism for Bernie. He refuses to attack even when necessary. But that's his shtick, no negative campaigning no matter what. Someone like AOC would not be holding back.

Rad Russian
Aug 15, 2007

Soviet Power Supreme!

Hairy Marionette posted:

The gently caress is there a math pin on Yang? Has it been there the whole time?

MAGA vs MATH, let's go!

Rad Russian
Aug 15, 2007

Soviet Power Supreme!

ManBoyChef posted:

is warren on crack? bernie doesnt have a pac and is not a billionaire

Call her a liar to her face Bernie.

Rad Russian
Aug 15, 2007

Soviet Power Supreme!

Nail Rat posted:

Just went to BernieSanders.com and pitched in five bucks

that's DARK MONEY!!!

Rad Russian
Aug 15, 2007

Soviet Power Supreme!

empty whippet box posted:

I really feel like anyone trying to say anyone other than Bernie won this debate is going to look absolutely insane, however Steyer has come off really well. And Pete very obviously ate poo poo and weaseled around and got called on it.

This has gone incredibly well for Sanders. Really couldn't have hoped for better.

CNN will 100% declare that Biden won it.

Rad Russian
Aug 15, 2007

Soviet Power Supreme!
ABC: Pete, Biden, and Amy did the best. lmao.

Rad Russian
Aug 15, 2007

Soviet Power Supreme!

Apocalypse posted:

Yeah his wife is absolutely gorgeous. Nice work, Yang. Nice work...

Being a millionaire helps

Rad Russian
Aug 15, 2007

Soviet Power Supreme!

gandlethorpe posted:

I feel like Warren was mostly nothing this debate. She got a decent moment when she got to gutpunch Pete, but I don't remember her otherwise.

Her issue is that she decided not to be progressive but has nothing to separate from the other 7 centrists there. Wth is her pitch even? Playing some kind of price is right strategy where she's a millimeter to the left of everyone else but nowhere near Bernie. Ok? Where is the large pool of voters that think Bernie is too progressive but Amy is too centrist?

Rad Russian
Aug 15, 2007

Soviet Power Supreme!

puppets freak me out posted:

exactly, it ends up being a huge advantage for Bernie, if only because they still have yet to unite behind a single succdem, it allows Bernie to carry the standard of progressivism unopposed

it rules.

Previously the DNC would just coronate a single candidate like Hillary so it would always work well. There's a reason Biden didn't run last time. He was told not to and he listened like a good dog. DNC got beaten so bad they're not in control to keep everyone from running anymore which is good for a single progressive candidate getting their 30% of vote which is now enough to win states.

Rad Russian
Aug 15, 2007

Soviet Power Supreme!
People that vote in primaries are engaged and follow the debates. Majority of US population doesn't watch any of that poo poo and only barely bothers to make it out on the day of the general to vote for their team.

Rad Russian
Aug 15, 2007

Soviet Power Supreme!
How does Pete and his army of $500 an hour consultants not prepare an answer for this? I think the fact that CNN and everyone else gave him a pass made him too comfortable to forget this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rad Russian
Aug 15, 2007

Soviet Power Supreme!
I assume the establishment has to be all in on Amy right now but it might be too late? Not sure what they can do. Biden is falling apart and Pete has not made any progress with minority voters.