Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
That's a real bad camera angle for nate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug
Has anyone told that guy you're supposed to unbutton a blazer when you sit down

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

pepsi lover posted:

biden sounds like a tired old man and i just want him to go home and be happy

It almost sounded like he was slurring his speech.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug
I don't agree with their approach or solution but I do like some of the soundbites Yang/Warren gave there.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug
BERNIE BERNIE BERNIE

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug
Biden sounds like he's chasing the walrus.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug
Biden sounding more coherent as the debate goes on actually.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug
Would have a beer with Yang

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug
OSHA requires you wear safety goggles to be interviewed by this current commentator. That chin could poke an eye out.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug
You know I gotta say, it's weird how every racial issue in america kinda hits black americans, latinx americans, and completely skips over asian americans.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

ArbitraryC posted:

You know I gotta say, it's weird how every racial issue in america kinda hits black americans, latinx americans, and completely skips over asian americans.

ignored itt as much as the primaries have ignored the issue

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

Cup Runneth Over posted:

It's probably because their victimization by systemic racism is not quite as clear-cut.

In what regard? Historically? Presently? You're gonna hafta downplay a whole lot of issues to sidestep it at any point in our timeline and yet we do constantly.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

Cup Runneth Over posted:

I don't think this is the place to have this discussion, but by "clear-cut" I mean things like this:

Yes they are and have been heavily discriminated against. Yes they should be part of the discussion. But the reason they aren't is probably because they aren't being uniformly crushed underfoot like Black and Hispanic people.

I mean sure, from personal experience I can say without a doubt that the default as treating asian americans as a model minority that benefits from conservative policies contributes to this current dynamic.

But it's not like that's the only path, they also suffer from discrimination and it's worth bringing up. IMO there's a good opportunity there to not only drive more support for progressives, but to take it away from conservatives.

This debate is wrapping up and it wasn't addressed once.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

Not that I don't think it's an amazingly good point and a strong nod to some actual journalism I'd worry that without significant editing it's not gonna be a good soundbite. You slice either his initial response or his backup flailing and while it's totally an inadequate sidestep to the question posed I dunno if your average "vaguely follow politics" viewer would really pick up on just how bad he answered the question instead of just seeing some pretty generic tough on crime garbage.