Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck
Here's the timer so you can ignore it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck
I'm glad they are just skipping the opening (and closing?) statements, they're such a waste of time.

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck
Andrew "Happy to be here" Yang

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck
We need to avoid nominating somebody's who divisive, like the person who got the most votes.

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck
Swear to god I thought Bernie was going to say, "We're going to have to tell the drug companies to gently caress off."

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck
If Steyer had jumped into the race explicitly to run interference for Bernie, what would he be doing differently?

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck
Steyer's dad being a Nuremberg prosecutor is a wild fact.

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck
The Hunter Biden stuff has the same feel as "but her emails." Legally it's bunk and Trump is just hammering hypocritically on it... but it's a really lovely thing that only the rich would get away with and it's going to irk regular people.

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck
Surprised Pete is admitting to knowing what 24 is and not just going "Ohhhh what's that a show for DADS?"

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck

Trevorrrrrrrrrrrrr posted:

yes lets just sit down and debate with Kim Jong Un cmon Bernie.

Not sure if this is sarcastic but yes! It's literally the only good thing Trump has done

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck
Joe: Vote for me, I got duped by GWB

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck
Steyer is legit the second-best person on that stage. Shame he's going to have to be guillotined.

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck

Gripweed posted:

This seems like a surprisingly decent debate? Not even that slanted against Bernie compared to previous debates

The questions critical of each candidate and probing at their weaknesses/contradictions are really solid and fair, yeah.

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck

ColonelMuttonchops posted:

My favorite thing about biden is when he says his times about to be up so he can stop talking. He has to know he can barely speak.

It reminds me of how my grandpa during cancer treatments got very Alheimer-y (he's better now) and was really obsessed with following rules and guidelines. Washing hands for 10 seconds, stuff like that.

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck

V. Illych L. posted:

klobuchar is really boring, but i get the impression that she can be very intimidating. what i'm saying is, i think she might be a match for trump as a bully

She's pretty poo poo as a candidate, but she's the only one left aside from Bernie who I'd give better than even odds on beating Trump. (Assuming a generic team, when in reality she'd probably be saddled with Hillary dead-enders.)

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck
Steyer successfully filibustered Warren out so I'll give him that.

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck
Big high school debate energy from Yang

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck
Alright, Tom "Reparations" Steyer, the guillotine's off, you can have the re-education camp.

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck

ColonelMuttonchops posted:

Was klob the one who said "thats right" when Bernie pointed out a bunch of people were in jail despite committing no crime? How many people did she put in jail for no reason?

Sounded like Warren to me

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck
Congratulations, Senator Nina Turner, on the promotion

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck

Cup Runneth Over posted:

She was Ohio State Senator

Oh huh, my bad

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck

Nail Rat posted:

Yeah there's no point. He's not a threat anymore.

Negative campaigning hurts the deliverer as well as the target. It's a scorched earth tactic, and Bernie doesn't need to go scorched earth on a candidate who's self immolating.

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck
Is Warren a millionaire? I wouldn't be surprised because she's had well-paying jobs for a while, but I've never heard it brought up.

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck
Steyer: We can't be the Empire of the world, we have to be the baby Yoda of the world

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck

youcallthatatwist posted:

none of the candidates we currently have are well equipped to discuss Asian American issues imo, especially not in a way that will resonate with the demographic. politicians focus on black and Latino people bcs they have a long history of being represented in mainstream American debates about race inequality in a way that Asian Americans don't, bcs the latter are treated like model minorities most of the time regardless of actual conditions. it's dumb and should change

Like so many, you're erasing Warren's 1/2048 Polynesian heritage.

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck

kidkissinger posted:

the music sounds like an xcom load screen or is it just me?

100% thinking the same thing. Make sure you get the flashbang on Klobuchar.

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck
Since this may be his last debate, Yang is pretty good at bring up left-field but important points, like the loss of local journalists. Somebody like 20 pages back was saying he might be a good moderator/question writer and I'd like to see that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck

sexpig by night posted:

Yang sucks in a lot of ways but aside from Bernie he seems like the only person there who's an actual loving human. Like you 100% should not vote based on 'who you'd have a beer with' but at least him having some kinda weird but actually not bad talking points like that reminds me that of all the joke candidates this cycle he's the one I'm least annoyed to see at this point.

Yeah, I think his dumb policy on UBI being a replacement for public aid rather than a supplement isn't ghoulish, just stupid. I'm much more willing to forgive stupid. I'd probably enjoy hanging out with Yang.