Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
hey I've been ignoring this debate but did Pete answer a question about black incarceration rising under him with 'well yea, I targeted areas with a lot of black people so I could make big flashy arrests that I called gang related' as if that was a better answer?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

'look Tom, drop out now and we'll get a beer after this'

'and once again Tom wins a negotiation!'

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Rochallor posted:

Since this may be his last debate, Yang is pretty good at bring up left-field but important points, like the loss of local journalists. Somebody like 20 pages back was saying he might be a good moderator/question writer and I'd like to see that.

Yang sucks in a lot of ways but aside from Bernie he seems like the only person there who's an actual loving human. Like you 100% should not vote based on 'who you'd have a beer with' but at least him having some kinda weird but actually not bad talking points like that reminds me that of all the joke candidates this cycle he's the one I'm least annoyed to see at this point.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Gripweed posted:

HAHAHAHAH first goddamn analysis "I think this was a breakthrough night for Amy Klobuchar

every

loving

debate

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Phenotype posted:

Do you guys think Yang is ripped, you guys? He looks like he might be packing some guns under that lil suit.

Yang's kinda a snacc, not gonna lie, I don't really want him in any executive position but if Bernie winds up with him as a surrogate that'd be pretty fine.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

ascii genitals posted:

There's a "post debate special with New Hampshire voters" thing going on and so far Amy and Bernie are the two winners from the comments I've heard. And that Pete is naive.

god how funny would it be if the one time KLOBMENTUM was real it was to kill Pete's surge and wind up with them scrabbling for second while Bernie wins safely?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

ascii genitals posted:

So far everyone they've talked to since I've turned this on was blown away by Amy jeez. I think Pete really blew it tonight.

gently caress yea you dumb mid atlantic hogs, embrace The Klob, kill the rat!

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

puppets freak me out posted:

I can see what you mean. It comes down to whether or not the big media entities who are able to shape these narratives are getting their marching orders from the same place, or if they're all operating in a self-interested way that comes from ownership that is anti-Bernie, but focused on a different centrist candidate that they believe would favor them

yea that may be 'the plan' but that plan still has the variables of four derranged centrist sociopaths bleeding each other's votes who all genuinely seem to believe they deserve to be president with their own factions and supporters, while Bernie remains pretty well unchallenged for the 'we pay for it with loving money, okay? Next question' lane of actual progressiveness.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

funkymonks posted:

I think a debate can matter in a Democratic primary. I agree that they will be borderline meaningless in the general election.

yea in the general they kinda mean nothing but in primaries they actually are important if only because a bad performance there can turn off voters with less fear than they'd have in the general.

And looking at clips Pete and Joe had some BAD performances. Liz was a flat line and Klob and Yang got some good lines in but lol who gives a poo poo.