Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012
After the money that he's raised and the connections to billionaires, I guarantee he's getting a cushy gig at CAP or something like that, and he's going to be a guest on MSNBC for the rest of his life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012

Cpt_Obvious posted:

If he can’t win an election, he’s completely worthless. Either this cycle somehow becomes a boon to his career or he flounders into irrelevancy in a changing political environment.

Worthless for whom?

Because for the institutions built around the democratic party, raising money is far more important than winning elections. If Bernie wins, or if a centrist wins and then loses to Trump, Buttigieg will get a job at CAP, crooked media, CNN, Kennedy School of Government or third way and appear on cable TV whenever president Bernie tries something radical. If a centrist is president, he is going to be in the NSC or ambassador to Norway or something like that. Either way, long term plan is to pull a Hillary and run for senate in a place like NY eventually.

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012

Cpt_Obvious posted:

Generally, I agree with your sentiment. However:

1. Billionaires who control our democracy need to raise money from anyone. Bloomberg himself has spent more money than the entire Democratic primary field combined.

2. If Bernie wins the nom and loses the general, then Pete in the Senate is just a new chair on the Titanic.
I don't see how any of this affects my point at all. Being a loser who defends the status quo has never gotten anyone fired or demoted.

Just look at Abrams. Went from losing Georgia to high level position at CAP,b from where she does joint events with Bloomberg and releases statements about how it's important to not question the results in Iowa, lest our democracy be harmed.