Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
They all sound so plastic and fake compared to Bernie, even when they're saying things that aren't absolute bullshit, which is rare.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
pete sounded so weasely answering that softball "poo poo on trump for a minute" question

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Eh? what do you mean?

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

litany of gulps posted:

You talking about their gauges or their personalities?

...gauges? what are you talking about? I'm mostly listening, not watching, fuckin' around with some buttons.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Cpt_Obvious posted:

Does anyone still have any fears about Pete now?

the media will prop him up while attacking sanders and that will be enough to make pete limp along long for a while, I think.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
anyone got a clip of bernie saying "I AM THE PRESIDENT AND I CAN DO WHATEVER I WANT"?

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

LeafyOrb posted:

The entire time he was giving that response I kept think about how people are gonna use that sound bite without context.

Yes I want it to be my ringtone

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

lmfao

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
holy gently caress pete just got loving CHOKE SLAMMED by that question

HOLY poo poo

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
pete completely avoided answering that question about his record as mayor at all. what a loving weasel

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
holy fuckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
oh MY loving GOD EAT poo poo PETE

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
friendship ended with cnn/msnbc. ABC is my new best friend

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
steyer: biden, will you join me in calling for reparations?
biden: the black people I know don't want that

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

treat posted:

He's adorable, just wants to run and riff and dunk on joe with the rest of the dogs. I would even like him if I didn't have to eat him.

It really does seem like Steyer is picking on Biden

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Apocalypse posted:

I don't know what you guys are talking about. This was the weakest moment for Bernie. He didn't back up Nina, and then he let Joe Biden off the hook for YEARS of actions that have hurt minority communities. This was loving terrible.

Yea that's how I felt about it too. He should have poo poo on him. Oh well.

Pete got absolutely shithoused by that question about his record on race, it really goes to show how nonviable he is as a candidate.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
40 billionaires, pete,

god i love bernie

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
bernie sanders, DOT com, BITCH, you little motherfucker, suck my dick *does ollie, sets mic down*

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I really feel like anyone trying to say anyone other than Bernie won this debate is going to look absolutely insane, however Steyer has come off really well. And Pete very obviously ate poo poo and weaseled around and got called on it.

This has gone incredibly well for Sanders. Really couldn't have hoped for better.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Can't wait to watch CNN and the rest of the MSM desperately try to pretend Bernie didn't win the debate in increasingly ridiculous ways over the next four days.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Rad Russian posted:

ABC: Pete, Biden, and Amy did the best. lmao.

Yeah, this is hilariously divorced from reality. Anyone who watched saw Pete weasel his way out of saying anything over and over again, have a hugely embarrassing moment where he got called out on it, and Bernie spoke with the clearest, most action-focused message and had the best audience response.

I guess they do have some DNC shills over there at ABC. But the debate itself was fantastic, retconning aside

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
abc trying to go with a "they were targeting and being mean to pete" angle instead of acknowledging that pete fumbled questions that should have been easy, or was asked about his legitimately terrible record on race as mayor.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Wendell posted:

It’s too bad that, judging by the discussion these reporters are having, Bernie wasn’t in attendance tonight.

They're literally refusing to acknowledge that bernie exists when bernie very obviously won the debate. lol

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
do they think everyone will just forget bernie was there?

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

this is really fuckin brutal

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Taima posted:

It's just funny because no one actually watches the debates, let's be real. I doubt Pete's answer is going to become a major news story (though it might be a talking point in summaries of the debate).

But if you're the DNC right now, you know drat well what happened. You can never unhear that answer. It's like you're interviewing someone for a job, they seem to have great qualifications, and when you're shaking hands and leading them out of your office, they whisper the N word.

The DNC has to be making GBS threads their pants right now. That was possibly the most revealing single exchange in the primary. Sorry I'm not trying to be hyperbolic, but this dude is so clearly not ready for prime time, it feels over to me. Even if the electorate doesn't absorb this exchange, the powers at be just poo poo their chinos.

I think his answer to that question is going to have a tangible effect on the NH numbers. If he barely loses, blame it on that answer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Office Pig posted:

Bernie's bit about 40 billionaires might be a bit snappier.

The best part of this was that it was directly after Warren subposting at Pete with her "people who are billionaires or who suck up to billionaires to fund their campaign" bit and bernie just goes "40 billionaires, PETE, you weasel, you little piece of poo poo, I mean you you little ratfaced gently caress"