Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inferior Third Season
Jan 15, 2005

French Canadian posted:

I need someone here to respond to this intelligently, without using words like "smoothbrain", "rat", "reddit is bad", etc. Like, a non-reactionary response. Because if i just retort to someone who cites these stats in the way this thread would otherwise, it won't help anything.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Pete_Buttigieg/comments/f0rq5l/pete_was_right_the_moderator_was_wrong_on_average/
His response was not "the first and last years of my term were outliers and don't accurately capture the general reduction in total arrests, and the fraction of arrests that were African-American was fairly stable throughout".

His answer was "we had to bust black kids with marijuana possession charges, because we all know deep down that they're violent thugs".

That's the actual problem, not the accuracy of the statistics in the question. He was basically a guy on the stand that Matlock tricked into confessing. We all heard it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU