Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

"You'll never know if you can fly unless you take the risk of falling."

What is Firehouse Subs?

A sandwich chain founded by firefighters, it's themed around a firehouse. They have a bizarre Our Story page

They sell hot sandwiches, the most popular would be a Hook & Ladder.

But they have full of gimmicks to give it that Firehouse Vibe.

For instance, every Firehouse Subs has their own Hot Sauce bar with a numbering system depending on how spicy the Hot Sauce could be, so for all those Heat Seekers wanting to pretend they are on Hot Ones, or those that want to try a hot sauce instead of buying something that could just taste terrible - this is for you!

They are home to the Captain Soresen Datil Pepper sauce (which is almost like a Spicy BBQ sauce, which is one of the best condiments in any establishment)

And you'll need a nice cold beverage to wash away that heat, and most Firehouse Subs have their special blend Cherry Limeade but not only that, they have the ICONIC "Coke Freestyle" Machine that gives you a hundred or so drink choices, and causes a back-up because somebody can't figure out the technology (and they just want a "normal coke", while you want an Orange Coke Zero)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGN1VUrtqhc

There is even fast food philanthropy in the form of the Firehouse Subs Public Safety Foundation to help first responders get necessary equipment that they need to save lives, and help educate the general public.

And finally, Pickle Buckets.

Yes, Firehouse subs sells their 5 gallon buckets that usually house pickles for a few dollars, to help with their charity, which is perfect for the doomsday prepper in your life and they were even kind enough to tell you how to get rid of that smell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
they have better philly cheesesteaks than jersey mike's

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

Their steak & cheese and smoke house subs are decent but they always use too much mayo. The smoked turkey they use is pretty good too usually the turkey in sub shops is flavorless meat sponge.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Their lime-aid is really good.

I'm signed up for their rewards program and use the phone app. I had enough points for a free large sub, so I redeemed it and got a free sub. A few weeks later I put in another order on my phone, and noticed I still had the coupon, and it worked. I got another free sub. I was getting free subs for about 2 months before it was finally fixed.

The Aardvark
Aug 19, 2013

Its a bit out of the way for me but I always get an Engineer. Give me all the 'shrooms.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

The Aardvark posted:

Its a bit out of the way for me but I always get an Engineer. Give me all the 'shrooms.

I'm eating an Engineer right now :stare:

The Aardvark
Aug 19, 2013

TheAardvark posted:

I'm eating an Engineer right now :stare:

:stare:

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.
Engineer extra shrooms. Oh baby.

FAT BATMAN
Dec 12, 2009

I tried firehouse subs once, and after I bit into my sandwich I realized to my horror that they put a poo poo load of mayo in all of their sandwiches by default without listing it as an ingredient on their menu.

That was six years ago though. If they have fixed it by now I will go back, but I will not step foot into their establishment until they either stop putting mayo in their sandwiches by default, or list it as an ingredient.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

FAT BATMAN posted:

I tried firehouse subs once, and after I bit into my sandwich I realized to my horror that they put a poo poo load of mayo in all of their sandwiches by default without listing it as an ingredient on their menu.

That was six years ago though. If they have fixed it by now I will go back, but I will not step foot into their establishment until they either stop putting mayo in their sandwiches by default, or list it as an ingredient.

It's still mayo for days by default, they list it in the fine print of what "fully involved" means.

The Aardvark
Aug 19, 2013

You could just ask for no mayo?

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

I like how the wage slaves have to say stupid fireman themed stuff or else they get fired. :)

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
I love Firehouse. Their sub is huge and packed with content unlike subway. It’s one of the best place for big eater to get their filling.

Price wise, it’s seem higher than $5 footlong back in the days, but it’s pretty even considering the larger size and fully stuffed content.

I also asked for no mayo and onion.

sports
Sep 1, 2012
Firehouse reminds me of some more local hot sub places near where I grew up. I feel like they rely pretty heavily on sliced turkey but that's cool because when I went with any frequency there were discounts and anyone keeping halal or kosher (or were the kind of person keeping vegetarian, excluding poultry once or twice a week) could come with.

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

I'm a hermaphrodite and my parents (40K nerds) named me Slaanesh, THANKS MOM
HELL YES I love me some god drat Firehouse subs I'm so happy I found this thread.

Engineer on wheat, side of cheddar Sunchips, with some BACKDRAFT SAUCE oh yeah

I go back to the states in 11 days and I am so looking forward to some Firehouse

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
I mostly find Firehouse to be super bland, BUT it's definitely better quality than Subway and doesn't have anything like that weird-rear end Subway Smell going on.

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

I've never been inside one but i had catering boxes subs from firehouse at an event once and it was the worst subs I've ever had. Worse than Jimmy, worse than Subway. The veggie sub was literally shredded iceberg, a single tomato slice, and mayo.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
I love Firehouse, but drat if my local firehouse takes forever. :(

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

UltraRed posted:

I love Firehouse, but drat if my local firehouse takes forever. :(

Steamin that meat takes time my friend.

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

I'm a hermaphrodite and my parents (40K nerds) named me Slaanesh, THANKS MOM

alnilam posted:

I've never been inside one but i had catering boxes subs from firehouse at an event once and it was the worst subs I've ever had. Worse than Jimmy, worse than Subway. The veggie sub was literally shredded iceberg, a single tomato slice, and mayo.

The catered subs are always cold, so yes they are pretty bad. You gotta get a hot, steamy sub for the real experience.

Technowrite
Jan 18, 2006

I first battled the Metroids on Planet Zebes.
That meatball sub is good. Also the Italian. A good sub place.

BromanderData
Mar 20, 2013

Stroke it with me

The Chosen One
I like a few of their sandwiches and their chili with way too much hot sauce.

Unfortunately my local store is so inconsistent we just never go.

Wind up getting subs from Wegmans or DiBellas instead.

The Aardvark
Aug 19, 2013

I totally forgot for your bday you get a free medium sub.

Had an engineer for lunch and it was very good.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
might go for the first time today. been wondering if it was any good for a while

what should I get

Scornful Sexbot
Sep 24, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Feeling pretty suspicious of that trademark on Italian sub rn

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

I feel that firehouses gouges just a bit, compared to Jersey Mikes

Jersey also has the 8.50 student combo, so can't beat that

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Hot subs > cold subs

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
When they opened here a coworker and I went and got some awesome engineer awesomeness and they were just these huge sandwiches. We went back a few months later and the subs were half the size. We both sat down and just kind of frowned. I ended up emailing them and they said maybe the people who baked the subs had a bad batch and sent some coupons. We went again and they were still just too small for the price, even with freebie coupons. We haven't been back since.

I've noticed this with other sub shops like Jersey Mikes. When they opened the large subs were like 3 meals worth. Now it's barely a meal and the cost is just too much.

Maybe someday when a new sub shop opens I'll remember to take a pic or something if I really cared.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
maybe the sandwiches are staying the same size and you're just getting fatter