Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Things will be better for people in your demographic down the line, as long as they're middle class or better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Violence is never the answer. Now if you'll excuse me, I've got to vote to approve a new war in the middle east.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

personally i prefer no change, but slow change is an alright compromise

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Things were better under Obama because we could ignore ICE instead of using it as a cudgel against the people in charge.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Monopolies are bad, that's why I'm a firm believer in oligopolies that are all owned by the same groups of investors.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
this thread has been seized by the worker's party. we will now only post revolutionary ideals

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn
life rafts for those who qualify

Mackers
Jan 16, 2012
you stupid nerds

sudden violent change is the only thing that works

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
I'm voting for Bernie Sanders in the Democratic Party presidential primaries

Mackers
Jan 16, 2012
hmmm you have changed my mind

we just gotta compromise

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

things will get better.... eventually

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY

quote:

I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in his stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Counciler or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate, who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice; who constantly says: "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I cannot agree with your methods of direct action"; who paternalistically believes he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by a mythical concept of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait for a "more convenient season." Shallow understanding from people of good will is more frustrating than absolute misunderstanding from people of ill will. Lukewarm acceptance is much more bewildering than outright rejection.

beliver in slow, incremental social change: "wow yeah, martn luther king was a great man"

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

If we vote Blue no matter who, one day our grandchildren will have affordable healthcare

Mackers
Jan 16, 2012
for real shits changing way too fast

i like a more sustainable Biden speed

racial attitudes from 70 years ago are totally hot rn

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Heartache is powerful, but democracy is *subtle*. Incrementally, you begin to notice a change in the weather. When it snows, the flakes are softer when they stick to your worry-worn forehead. When it rains, the rain is warmer. Democracy is coming to the Administrative Region. The ideals of Dolorian humanism are reinstating themselves. How can they not? These are the ideals of the Coalition and the Moralist International. Those guys are signal blue. And they're not only good -- they're also powerful. What will it be like, once their nuanced plans have been realized?

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
As I lay on the sacrificial slab, the priest's ritual dagger raised high above me, I mutter "there's no better way"

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

The Kingdom of Conscience will be exactly as it is now. Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded. Centrism isn't change -- not even incremental change. It is *control*. Over yourself and the world. Exercise it. Look up at the sky, at the dark shapes of Coalition airships hanging there. Ask yourself: is there something sinister in moralism? And then answer: no. God is in his heaven. Everything is normal on Earth.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

yea, my parents fought and faced down establishment violence to win our civil rights, but those were different times, and

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

I am personally affronted by those who have consistent principles that they refuse to compromise for the sake of expedience.

I feel deep-seated and unconcealed resentment towards those that haven't achieved success, for making me briefly question the fairness of both capitalism and the world in general.

I genuinely believe that I am a good, moral person.

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf

Mackers posted:

you stupid nerds

sudden violent change is the only thing that works

Well I was in favor of perhaps a few concessions, but if this is the way you're going to act about this, I think I'll have to reconsider... good job alienating your allies...

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Violent change, huh? That sounds like people doing big things that are important, and we all know Great Man history is debunked, try again later sweetie~~

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Pragmatism is important, which is why I’m willing to cave on every issue my base cares about if it benefits me.

Brrrmph
Feb 27, 2016

Слава Україні!
A rising tide raises all boats

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Sure you might think these people are treated unfairly but it could be worse! Proud ideologues have put millions 6 foot under don't you know :smugdog:

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!
Jeb! Can Fix It!

Slow and steady wins the race my friends!

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
id like to speak to your manager about something

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Here we believe in slow, incremental customer service

Chasterson
Aug 16, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo
These CBD gummies are going down in history as the greatest political achievement of my lifetime

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
I notice none of the candidates in the left lane are VENEZUELAN, hmm i wonder why...

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

hey guys, are you tired of trying to find a place that sells stamps at 3 in the morning? well stamps dot com is there whenever you need stamps. go to stamps dot com and enter our offer code RESIST to get 10% off your next batch of stamps. jon 1.20 bought some just yesterday and he loves em don't you jon. thats stamps dot com, offer code RESIST. now back to the show.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

look grandma id love for your tumor to be gone but since we can't pay for it well we can't have the government cover the cost, it's too much of a burden, think of the poor insurance salesman who will be jobless, I'm sorry grandma:rip:

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

You might say that we are driving off the cliff at top speed. You might scream "pull over!", "stop" or cause a similar childish tantrum. Perhaps you might even suggest that we leave the car, jump out of the moving vehicle if you have to.

This is simple alarmism, pay no heed to it. The car is good, we only got this far thanks to the car.

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
If we keep going left... we'll just go in circles....and we won't get anywhere!!

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

Colonel Cancer posted:

You might say that we are driving off the cliff at top speed. You might scream "pull over!", "stop" or cause a similar childish tantrum. Perhaps you might even suggest that we leave the car, jump out of the moving vehicle if you have to.

This is simple alarmism, pay no heed to it. The car is good, we only got this far thanks to the car.

Sure, the driver is visibly having a stroke, but I'd like to see YOU do better!

no not like that

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
Airplanes need a left wing and a right wing to fly otherwise they go in circles

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
listen we just can't pass single-payer healthcare at this time, we can't afford it and will take too much political capital. this affordable care act will pave the way for it down the road a few decades with market based solutions. you idiots arguing against it are standing in the way of progress, this is the best thing we can do right now and we'll eventually ratchet upwards, but not right now, lets just pass this and then wait

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

'ooh... I got a mention in his letter from birmingham!'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

The woke messaging in the media I consume will change the world and if you say it’s bad for any reason you’re a bigot. If you point out that its politics are actually bad I’ll just ignore you.