Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I can work remotely any (or all) time but go to the office every day so I don't go crazy from total social isolation and to use the gym and coffee machine. None of my team is located in this office so it makes no difference either way, but I wish we had more chances to interact face to face.

Having this possibility is great though and I use it whenever needed. Like now I'm working from another country because I'm visiting my grandfather for a week. Or when I extended my vacation and worked from the beach in Taiwan for a few days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

wide stance posted:

I'd think travelling while working remote would be prohibitive due to the lovely wi-fi everywhere and time zone differences.

It's certainly a risk but you can always blame it on Skype being an rear end in a top hat again, and in my experience you can get decent 4G pretty much anywhere to have your own connection. Time differences can be to your advantage, I'd have pretty much the whole day to myself and work when all the touristy poo poo is closed.