Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
I frequently work with devices and taking them home is impractical.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
*saunters into thread*

working remotely or remotely working?

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
yesterday I was hanging out in the office kitchen getting some coffee and shooting the poo poo with my colleagues. we were talking about how some project is hosed and how the bosses are idiots and why our code is terrible. good times. then we came up with ideas to fix some of that, and made some decisions, and bitched about people that weren’t us.

not sure how you get that working remotely. if I wrote all that in chat some lame idiot would read it and become offended and it would be a whole thing.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
dude join us in #coolpeopleonly, we’re making some important decisions. no narcs.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

MononcQc posted:

you just hate video chat because it forces you to look at the other person's face rather than staring at their feet like you would usually do

they don’t know that I have a browser window over the video chat app. it looks like I’m looking at the video feed but in fact I did a google image search for shoes and I can stare directly at them

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

MononcQc posted:

be bold and just plainly say "can we do this over a channel that cannot be subpoenaed?"

this is what’s known in the legal profession as consciousness of guilt. it is indirect evidence of wrongdoing.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

pointsofdata posted:

Yeah when someone sends a message that sounds a little controversial your reply is just "/zoom"

office worker is in a cubicle farm, can’t host a video from their desk. they’d have to find an office to go yak with you about what a dipshit guy in other department is.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
I’m working from home this week because I don’t want the plague. I’ve already cannibalized my desktop for input devices. this morning’s plan is to acquire a monitor because working on a laptop sucks.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

a neurotic ai posted:

I do my best work at around 4am OP

same. ask your mom for confirmation

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
I’ve been working from home this week and I’ve gotten approximately jack poo poo done. on the other hand I do get to call in to the 4 hour meeting I have today so I’ll be eating snacks and playing with my dog while those other guys are trapped in a room with increasing CO2 levels

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Feisty-Cadaver posted:

nothing, I know, but seriously

lol. identify the fundamental problems of why our software performance is complete poo poo.

here’s the summary:

high up ivory tower architects designed a pure architecture, unsullied by real world considerations.

when we told them this doesn’t work for us because we actually need to do things, they hand-waved away any problems and we were stuck trying to make it work.

it didn’t work.

series of big meetings where architects, without admitting any fault, eventually roll back their stupid design to something functional which was what we asked for in the first place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
literally petting a dogge right now while in a meeting