Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

qirex posted:

the plantronics voyager focus uc has nose canceling, dozens of hours of battery life, easy muting with visual feedback on the screen and the dongle, an actual microphone plus it pairs with your phone and computer at the same time

get out with your consumer toys

i have plantronics wiretooth headphones and they poo poo the bed but in a way where making GBS threads the bed is desirable. that is to say they’re fuckin good and recommend them to every man woman and child I meet

I also don’t get to work from home. in fact my job is so fundamentally different I might as well be a firefighter as far as my ability to do my job from home goes. except firefighters save lives i just prolong the suffering of the already miserable

if I crashed in a burning wreck on the way to work not only would my own life be improved but the needless extended sufferings of the elderly would be unextended, leading to an overall net decrease in the worlds suffering and lame-assness

I look forward to one day things between like way better. it possibly does get better right? coz i’m slowly starting to think i’m not actually gonna win the lottery

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
i’m sitting eating my lunch overhearing a customer ask what megagrams their dose is. that’s called tons lady ffs 🤯 i’ll take 4 megagrams of arsenic intrathecal stat pretty please

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

President Beep posted:

yeah i bet clown cars aren’t really street legal

lmao

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

echinopsis posted:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

gently caress really thought I’d done this in such a nov way it wasn’t cringe and depressing to read. it does make me realise this is what my stand up routine should be tho co that’s never been done

girl i work with got some beats so i got my planteonics so she gave hers up and got plantronics instead and twice tried upgrading to other things including $400 beats and guess what she still uses today yep plantronics

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
management is right, you can not replicate it properly any other way

text has a fundamental disconnect from real interpersonal communication, and autists who think of interpersonal communication in the same way they think of text are always going to fail in those interpersonal situations because body language, judging the atmosphere etc, is an incredible subtle art that only some humans posses.

plus reality doesn’t record conversations like that unless they’re literally recorded. text conversations are the exact opposite, always recorded unless they’re definitely erased which is easier said than done often.

this is also why some dudes never score

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
“text conversations are the same as real ones” - people with eye watering levels of virginity

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
video chat gives you the impression of this but it’s like playing rap rat the video board game and pretending you’re about to go touring with NWA

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
is deep dream at the place yet where you can just get it to fake your work life while you spend time at the mall or something else

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

unpacked robinhood posted:

my personal plague is hearing my coworkers hot takes on the chinese flu.

gently caress me

working in a pharmacy must be the worst. when they shut down those places in italy, you know what was the only retail left?

this might inject necessary funds into the otherwise dying pharmacy tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
working remotely or remotely working ???