Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Woke Mind Virus
Aug 22, 2005

Does the show Trash Truck take place in the real world and the Trash Truck, Walter, and Donny characters are Hank's imaginary friends or is this some absurd world where Trash Truck, Walter, and Donny are real?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

There's an episode where the animals are allowed into a movie theater so either they straight up don't exist or they have full citizenship

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe
I classify it as magical realism, see also all the times trash truck fits through doors.

My kid got really into the hot wheels show and has been alternately 'fixing up' one of her cars and racing round screaming "HOT WHEELS PRINCESS GOOOOOO"

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

My daughter has started drawing pictures of/for us as presents, which is nice and cute even if she is going through tons and tons of construction paper

I have a fuller beard than this but I hung it up anyway

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

loquacius posted:

My daughter has started drawing pictures of/for us as presents, which is nice and cute even if she is going through tons and tons of construction paper

I have a fuller beard than this but I hung it up anyway

I think she nailed it tbh

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
My advice, jot down the date and title in the corner. That when it shows up underneath the couch in 4 months you know what the blob is supposed to be. Most of my kids drawings get tossed out, but I found one from 2 months ago titled "mommy" and when I uncrumpled it and showed my wife she melted.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Did y'all know about foreskin infections? I do now. Plus side: huge size increase. Downsides: pain and also leaking pus in the diaper.
Went to the doctor, got a cream, it's all better now after a day.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

BonHair posted:

Did y'all know about foreskin infections? I do now. Plus side: huge size increase. Downsides: pain and also leaking pus in the diaper.
Went to the doctor, got a cream, it's all better now after a day.

Glad you're feeling better

RBC
Nov 23, 2007

IM STILL SPENDING MONEY FROM 1888
let me tell you about labial fusion

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Microplastics posted:

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate

RBC posted:

let me tell you about labial fusion

when my daughter was like 2 we had to buy real expensive topical hormones to ease the labial fusion. it was like $350 for the tube and we maybe used like barely any of it because it could cause puberty like appearances and it didn’t take much to correct it.

if we knew any older women who needed it I would have given it away.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Microplastics posted:

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Microplastics posted:

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Microplastics posted:

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
Second ever sleepover continues and it's devolved into an absolute disaster. Best friend arrived with what her parents described as a lingering slight cough that transformed in the night to a medication resistant every-30-seconds-hacking that makes sleep impossible for anyone. The kid is miserable, my kid is miserable, I'm miserable.

It also follows a broad trend I've noticed of germ theory being a culture war signifier. Kid's second best friend's family is archlib and they didn't hesitate to cancel a massive birthday party because their youngest spiked a fever on the day of. I'm reasonably sure we'd do the same but it rarely comes up because the six year old voluntary masks at school if she sees her peers appear sick.

Best friend's family is by far our most culturally right wing association. I've purposely avoided plumbing those depths, politely declining an invitation to our local Domininist girl scout alternative and steering conversations with the parents away from any shoals, because I don't want my limitations to limit my kid's. It's getting harder though. If we all get whatever this kid has I'm going to be a lot more stringent about letting her in the house in the future.

RBC
Nov 23, 2007

sonatinas posted:

when my daughter was like 2 we had to buy real expensive topical hormones to ease the labial fusion. it was like $350 for the tube and we maybe used like barely any of it because it could cause puberty like appearances and it didn’t take much to correct it.

if we knew any older women who needed it I would have given it away.

lol that price is ridiculous. america?

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate

RBC posted:

lol that price is ridiculous. america?

yep!

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.
My kid has fallen asleep into his nap with a blob of mulched up sandwich in his mouth.

Do I... do I dig it out?

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.
Never mind he did a sneeze in his sleep. All the food was ejected like a disgusting volcano.

Votskomit
Jun 26, 2013
Me: No, daughter, you cannot go there. Only the cats are allowed to go there and eat cat food.

2 year old: MEOW!

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.
Checks out. Access granted

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Vox Nihili posted:

we've all been sick roughly 25 days out of the last 30, I'm losing my goddamn mind!!!

condolences, we have been struggling with sickness here too

daughter came home with a mean stomach bug the day spring break started (Thursday), spent the night at her beck and call, changing out cold rags and vomit buckets then went to work Friday on no sleep. Thankfully today she's back to normal except complains about a belly ache (probably because she won't eat!!) but try explaining hunger pains

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
Yuuuuup. "My mom says I'm not supposed to use hand sanitizer." JFC kid you guys were just playing in street rainwater runoff. No wonder you're sick literally all the time.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
I was wrong and now I'm cleaning up vomit again. had a bowl just in time though!

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

Yuuuuup. "My mom says I'm not supposed to use hand sanitizer." JFC kid you guys were just playing in street rainwater runoff. No wonder you're sick literally all the time.

lol drat, imagine waging war on sanitizer to the point your kids have specific instructions to avoid it, way to rage against the machine (big clean!)

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Okay but
A. Mom is right. Hand sanitizer is no replacement for washing hands.
And
B. Young kids should have moderate exposure to environmental germs. Their immune systems are better at sorting out dangerous vs harmless pathogens than when they get older. Not disease, but germs that exist in normal environments.

RBC
Nov 23, 2007

getting legionnaires disease is good for kids, actually

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
ya gotta get sick so you don't get sick, duh.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
More like getting sick to prevent crippling allergies

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

ikanreed posted:

Okay but
A. Mom is right. Hand sanitizer is no replacement for washing hands.
And
B. Young kids should have moderate exposure to environmental germs. Their immune systems are better at sorting out dangerous vs harmless pathogens than when they get older. Not disease, but germs that exist in normal environments.

syq

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

ikanreed posted:

More like getting sick to prevent crippling allergies

what the gently caress

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I've heard that kids born in houses with dogs do better against sickness due to more exposure, but the lesson there isn't "gargle ditchwater"

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

To be honest, it comes from conversations with a PhD microbiologist friend who specialized in immune development. I'm not gonna pitch that as the same as research showing some kind of meaningful analysis.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
My kid said the doctor told her she needs to eat ham. Fuckin quack!

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Quote this if you had a tea party this morning

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

External Organs posted:

Pigs go oink

Ducks go quack

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

External Organs posted:

wish my kid would tell me I need to drink hamms

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Mustached Demon posted:

wish my kid would tell me I need to drink hamms

You're av suggests steamed

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Pigs go oink

Ducks go quack

Now bark, George

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

If we all get whatever this kid has I'm going to be a lot more stringent about letting her in the house in the future.

Lol, "if"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

my kid likes teen titans go, which apparently the Internet hates because it's not as good as the og teen titans, but it's pretty cute and there are some fun episodes. like the one we watched today was about how taxes pay for stuff and ended with them stringing up the "corporate fat cats" like a pinata and beating the tax money out of them