Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

lobster shirt posted:

i like weezer but i don't know how you can look at some of those lyrics and not conclude that rivers is a creep lol

He is very explicit about this in his cover for the Radiohead song "Creep". Anyways this was the top comment their "Say It Ain't So" music video and I think about it all the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Don't get bullied into having a second kid.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

lobster shirt posted:

they are inducing today, hope this girl is born soon. good vibes pls.

Hope you packed some cell phone cables and snacks. I had weekend hospital inducement and it is a wild solitary experience. Greet the security guards and figure out when your nurse team is swapping their panama shifts. Have fun~

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

An Apple A Gay posted:

feeling those formula buyers
a lot has changed in 16 years and it sounds like finding the right one is like finding the right antidepressant

Oh my scavenger instincts are ON FIRE for formula right now. Brother-in-law is tied down to some cow lactose free Nutrifeed portmanteau word brand and like across 3 geographic areas we can't find poo poo. Shopping conditions are like Bitcoin era 2021 graphics cards, cept if bot shopper you set up doesn't work your baby starves. Dude has to find a steady supply of that formula brand because he doesn't know how to burp a baby.

Gonna try and talk WIC representative into expanding brands for availability purposes.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Grats I just read

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Thank god the human brain just makes those post partum weeks real hazy to remember.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Night 1 Christmas tree area looks welcoming and wonderful.

Night 2 Christmas area is torn up, knocked down, and ripped apart by a pincer attack coordinated between baby and dog.

Night 3 Christmas area has incorporated all baby containment gates and fenses to look like a cheery baby fort knox

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Grandma is out the house today so me and toddler are pigging out on post-lunch Animal crackers. This is fine to eat for toddlers, they come in a bucket and contain the least amount of sugar a cookie could contain before it gets classified as hard tack.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Second breakfast was not enough. The people and the dog demand THIRD BREAKFAST

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Hello, yes, I am here to order a third breakfast, we would like that delivered to the high chair as soon as second breakfast is done. Plz and Thank you~

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Hello, yes, terribly sorry I would like to cancel that third breakfast. Turns out second breakfast and a fruit pouch was enough. Thank you~

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Normal society

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Gonna charge people to form parasocial relationships with my toddler. Get that dystopia working for us!

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Everything the children get into is evil and for the devil. This is how it's always been.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
In 15 years I'll walk into my son's astral shrine where he communes with the spirits. Dust collecting on my own childhood tarot cards. I gifted those to him when I realized he had the gift before sending him to goth school. He tells me that's not how they foretell the future anymore. He tells me there's a 13th zodiac now, with a possibility of a 14th. I just can't relate

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Sesame Street is p cool. At 21 months in Hey Bear Sensory (videos of 3D fruit renders bouncing and dancing to royalty free music) still deactivates my child from any meltdown just like when he was a newborn.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Christmas Morning accomplished. Lil guy opened one present and is playing with it. Wife keeps putting other presents in his view for him to tear into, but he keeps pushing them away to play with the first present. Lmao

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

loquacius posted:

Once I found out kid #2 will be a boy I had a short dilemma w/r/t how my parenting strategy would differ toward raising a boy from the strategy we've been using to raise our daughter, and I eventually settled on "it won't". I don't think there are any values or strengths that I want one kid to have and not the other. My dad fundamentally seeing my sister as a fragile waif to be protected and me as a potential rear end in a top hat that needed to be reined in was probably the source of a lot of his mistakes.

My mom was fine. She's still fine. Her biggest fault is that she's very emotionally needy, probably because she's married to my dad, who does not express positive emotions (this is a problem I have too but I'm aware of it at least)

Oh hol up, there's a difference. You don't have to be as precise wiping poop with boys as you do girls. Also there is extra danger of getting peed on by boys that arn't possible by girls. :biotruths:

Potty Training Holiday was a complete failure. No pee in the bucket. poo poo remains the most hopeless endeavor. Like... gently caress every body else on the planet that we know can pee in a potty. What's up lil dude this is attempt #368. Every now and again I look at the picture of the first time he successfully pottied at attempt #29, when I thought it would be easy like that one time forever. Ugh piss

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
I'm on the same train as you Lobster, just a couple weeks behind on the timeline. I pushed Mom and Son together for holiday, but her work schedule and extreme pregnancy made me the heavy lifter for his care. It fuckin sucks, but I just have to try and believe that whenever the schedule of care flip flops she's going to have some mommy magic to break through the parental preference.

I have no advice. poo poo just sucks dude.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Broke my wife of her "No Sugar For Baby" policy when I told her that the boy would like her and hug her more if she gave him cookies.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
I dunno what she means, we got a big ol costco bucket of animal crackers and those were forbidden to feed the baby because they have too much sugar. Then the toddler swerved her to give me a hug and now animal crackers are fine to give the baby. I stopped trying to figure out the why a long time ago.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Woke Mind Virus posted:

do they have any books about January 6th I can use to educate my 10 month old son?

There's was a book made on these very forums that you could read to your child.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Roleplaying manuels are like textbooks for things that don't exist. Genuinely ok baby story time material.

Just point at things and say their name:

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Oh yeah like someone foreal named their spear "Bill". It's fantasy :)

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Straight gaming in the AM

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Great success!

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Imma thread poo poo this special place with Mother In Law complaints. She's back for the birth of her grand daughter. I deep cleaned our home like I was back on shift at the Ramada, it has never been cleaner. She arrives and still refuses to eat my cooking and the first video she wants to watch on the TV is the nostalgic m&m commercial retrospective. Pray4me plz

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Shop lifting baby oragel from the CVS worked for my firstborn boy and I'm sure it'll work for my second born girl.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

lobster shirt posted:

feeling very glad that i like and get along with my mother in law (and also with my mom)

Oh I get along with her fine, I even like her, but lmao there is absolutely no space in their side of the household to even mildly critique their ancient elders.

In my side of the family, the oldest daughter, my sister, wrested control of the matriarchy at 38. Wife's noble family is perfectly content letting their dementia ladden gerontocracy squander and get scammed. COINTEL worked too well.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
I'm convinced that school reviews are entirely astroturfed by the real estate industry. So yeah, check it out with your eyes. Talk to a person there.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
I trust 0 memories from that first 3 months. It's all hazy and abstract. My brain did it on purpose to trick me into having a second.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
The situation becomes less primal and more solvable after that first 100 days.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

lobster shirt posted:

for sleep training we did the modified faber method thing where, instead of jsut letting them cry it out, you put the kid down drowsy but awake and then wake increasingly long intervals before you go in and comfort them. like i think the first night it was one, then two, then three up to five minutes, and the next night you start at five minutes, and so on. it worked really well for my son, he responded very quickly to it and we only had to do it a few days before he got the hang of it.

Same. Sometimes the Ferber Method feels like it is training me as much as it is training the lil boy.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Sunday breakfast story time going over the lore of each family branch to the little ones. Mine, government camp followers who smuggled illegal copies of Harry Potter into Utah. Her's, a fancy people who habitually return Cutco knives for being too sharp.

I wonder how my boy will harmonize those origins.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
BAHAHAHA go do imperialism work to crowbar your way into the lower middle class like dad did. It'll build character and keep you humble. Also I ain't got it sorry buddy, like I might be able to pay for 2 semesters of community college.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
One day I'm gonna craft that business plan for an in-home daycare. Old dude has the capital, so gently caress it. Whatever I gotta do to fulfill my dream of being stay-at-home dad.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Just opened new bank account to handle FSA/HSA money buckets. It is so stupid lmao

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
My ma was an immigrant and the doctor just did my circumcision when she was asleep, for free I guess idk. She just said "I dun understand, it's an American thing"

When my son was born we decided to circumcize him too, because neither of us want to explain the differences between dad's dong and his dong. Doctor came up to our room with an iphone and card reader dongle to charge us $300. It is one of the most uniquely American experiences to pay to ritualistically scar your child because it was done to you for free.

I get why, nobody washes their children here. Wife and inlaws are far too repressed and squeamish to ever pull back a foreskin.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Well, I too am American, so I just never want the possibility to even present itself. Want me to prove I'm American?!?

*Drops pants, points to dillz*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Kitfox88 posted:

Good luck little wang warrior :(