Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fauna

Caught between two worlds...
i could not continue this liveblog in gbs because i was probated by a drat fool for standing up for human rights, so the magic is migrating to byob

this thread is dedicated to the krymchaks of crimea, who live on through their children's shitposts

once upon a time, the world exploded

this nuclear holocaust was caused by "five terrorists", whose identities are not divulged

two million years passed, and the descendants of the humans that roamed the nuclear wasteland transformed into hideous mutants

but in the non-irradiated areas, the ancestors of mankind awoke and returned to the land: fairies, dwarves, and elves!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fauna

in the fairy kingdom of montagar, the celebratory feast goes awry when the voluptuous fairy queen delia goes into a trance and flees to a cottage on the hill

the elves gather (elves and fairies seem to be pretty much interchangeable in bakshi's magical realm)

they find that delia has mysteriously given birth to twins. one is a beautiful cherub, the other a hideous fuckwit baby with a bad attitude

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

fauna

the valiant ginger wizard avatar loves his mother and always entertains her with beautiful visions :420: while his goon rear end brother blackwolf lives in his cave and just never does the right thing. then delia dies of a broken heart

enraged, avatar tracks down blackwolf and the two of them do battle

avatar is the more powerful wizard, because he is a good boy and loves his mother, and he kicks blackwolf's sorry rear end!

avatar banishes blackwolf from the fairy kingdom, and blackwolf swears that he will not rest until montagar is under the control of the radioactive mutants

----------------

weed cat

weed cat is back, and he loves to suck dick

:sueme:

fauna

3000 years later, the exiled blackwolf rules the wastes as a magical tyrant. he summons his top henchmen, these guys

and commands them to go forth and kill

fairies are an oppressed class in scortch, forced into interspecies sex work to survive

fauna fucked around with this message at 11:03 on Feb 17, 2020

----------------

fauna

this is necron-99, blackwolf's top assassin. his favourite colour is red and his main hobby is elf massacre

----------------

fauna

there is no end to the carnage

necron-99 is a mysterious figure. he is silent, expressionless, unknowable, yet strangely alluring...

----------------

fauna

in the deep dank wood, our hero weehawk (actual name) and his comrade are rushing home to report their findings to avatar. i believe they are elves, and they ride these things

as they emerge from the trees, necron-99 is still watching from the hilltop and, oh no

----------------

fauna

weehawk doesn't even have time to collect his fallen friend's body before the enemy is upon him! prog guitar yowls and i'm on the edge of my seat as the murderer pursues him through the shadowy forests of his forefathers

like most elves, weehawk constantly projects a glamour to make himself more attractive. when he is distracted, like he is now, the glamour momentarily slips

deciding to turn and fight like a hero, weehawk pulls a longbow and quiver from nowhere (i understand this is also an ancient elvish art)

and, oh poo poo

----------------

fauna

necron-99's steed falls down a cliff to its death and he seems pretty cut up about it

now a wounded and dangerous man, out for revenge, he stalks weehawk through the forest. he finds him mourning his own steed, which apparently also died for some reason, i don't know why, maybe over-exertion

necron-99 has a gun, but weehawk draws his sword and charges him! absolute madman!

for the second time in as many minutes they fight their way to the cliff's edge and fall. together they plummet down into a deep, dark and horny sea

----------------

Goons Are Gifts

Woah I'm already deeply invested in this

(hi avs!! So happy to see you visiting us, you can post some bird pictures in the chat thread if you want!!)

fauna

Goons Are Great posted:

Woah I'm already deeply invested in this

(hi avs!! So happy to see you visiting us, you can post some bird pictures in the chat thread if you want!!)
thank you friend! i'm happy to be here

now we meet back up with an old friend: the good wizard avatar! he lives in a big boner on the sea, and has the power to summon jukeboxes, for which to back his monologues with mellow jazz

avatar lives with his girlfriend elinore, who is at least three thousand years younger than him and seems challenged in many regards

and this terrifying thing, which is apparently her father

that weird apparition wants to invest in technology to protect the realm from blackwolf. but avatar has seen some serious poo poo and he advocates against a return to the evils of science. as they debate, an unseen intruder approaches

----------------

fauna

avatar reminisces about the last time he saw his goon brother. after his banishment, blackwolf lurked in the dark land of scortch studying evil magic for many millennia and gained the loyalty of the mutated humans who lived in his caves

none of them were much good strategically, so he summoned the forces of hell to lead them into battle

at this point the narration has switched from avatar back to the lady who narrated the prologue, who sounds both bored and stoned out of her drat mind. it really adds to the atmosphere. she explains how blackwolf's forces attempted to march upon the outer villages of montagor and slay the elves, but the mutants turned out to be lovely troops who got distracted and ran away from confrontation. as we have seen the elves can be pretty intense, so i don't blame them

----------------

fauna

we are then privileged to share this magical moment

THEY'VE KILLED FRITZ

THEY'VE KILLED FRITZ

THOSE LOUSY STINKING YELLOW FAIRIES

TAKE THAT

TAKE THAT, YOU GREEN SLIME

...THEY'VE KILLED FRITZ

----------------

fauna

at this point the narrator has woken up a little and is more excited about the whole situation. defeated but not destroyed, blackwolf continued to plot. he sent his mutant armies out to dig up ancient ruins from before the nuclear holocaust and bring back fragments of lost technology to his goon lair

goonwolf studied the fragments until he knew how they worked. using his powers, he wielded his newfound mastery of science to recreate ancient weapons of war

but still it wasn't enough to challenge avatar's magic and conquer the kingdom. here the narrator says "this drove blackwolf mad with frustration!"

pictured: blackwolf being driven mad with frustration

----------------

fauna

"and then, one day... that frustration vanished."

oh poo poo

----------------

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

James T. Christmas! What happens next!?

fauna

avatar knows his brother has discovered some long-lost technology that could help him destroy the fairy kingdom, but he doesn't know what it is. he sent out the elf scouts (that's weehawk and his friend) to gather more information. at this, the masked thing actually begins to give him poo poo for sending out scouts with no justification. it gives him poo poo! i've only known avatar for five minutes and i understand that he's a man not to be given poo poo. he smokes cigars with his toes

luckily, necron-99 steps in to deliver justice

if the masked thing has a name, we never learn it. other characters call it "the president". i'm so glad it's dead, and in such an appropriate way!

our hero avatar leaps up and just straight up whips necron-99. there is just no contest. he just smashes him. i love avatar

as soon as necron-99 hits the floor, elinore leaps on him screaming in rage and begins to destroy him with her bare hands

stop stop he's already dead

----------------

fauna

at that moment, weehawk comes through the door like so

he appraises the situation and throws himself on avatar's mercy

and we fade out on this troubling vision while elinore screams like a furious crow

fauna fucked around with this message at 14:15 on Feb 17, 2020

----------------

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Alright, you convinced me. I just bought this on Amazon Prime and am watching it again for the first time since the 80s some time.

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

fauna

back in scortch, necron-99's homeland, the loss of his signal is registered by blackwolf's oddly equipped reptilian henchman. (incidentally, blackwolf's pet bouncing skulls are pretty cute)

necron-99's assassination of the president was apparently a kamikaze mission, so by his death they assume it's complete. blackwolf expounds on how killing the leaders of the free states (by which i think he means fairy country) has made them fall into disorganisation and panic, so they're all just blaming each other and haven't noticed his rise to power

blackwolf has also picked up some new decorating tips from his excavation of history

we visit blackwolf's enormous factory of reconstructed ancient war machines

and he declares that the time has come for war

fauna fucked around with this message at 14:38 on Feb 17, 2020

----------------

fauna

on that note i leave you for the night, this glorious saga of magic and fantasy will resume sometime soon

----------------

Heather Papps

hello friend

i love this

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

DOPE FIEND KILLA G

hell yeah one of my favorites.

Sally

Don't post Small Dash!
i remember this being quite the trip. but i may have also been on a trip. holy poo poo i dont recall a lot of this!

Barking Gecko

Mahoro says, "Naughty things are bad."
This is great. I saw Wizards at a theater when it was first released. This is a real trip down memory lane.

biosterous

very good thread, looking forward to more!

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

magic cactus

We lied. We are not at war. There is no enemy. This is a rescue operation.
Wizards is one of my favorite films of all time, so I love this thread.

Thanks to Saoshyant for the amazing spring '23 sig!

alnilam

Dash Rendar posted:

i remember this being quite the trip. but i may have also been on a trip. holy poo poo i dont recall a lot of this!

DOPE FIEND KILLA G

its an incredibly visually dense film, so slowing it down for posting like this really helps catch all the cool little details.

Goons Are Gifts

I'm a baby boy and this is well before my time but I'm already into it and will have to watch it now to find out what happens next if avs doesn't wake up soon, I'm so excited

owlhawk911

come chill with me, in byob

never seen this and it's great so far, thanks for translating this movie into the only medium i understand (forum posts)

https://giant.gfycat.com/PlasticAngryHousefly.webm
this sig a mf'n vanisher joint. gobbos by khanstant

Piso Mojado

this owns thanks op

Heather Papps

hello friend

Piso Mojado posted:

this owns thanks op

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

free hubcaps
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
i dont mean to rain on the ops parade but noted LPer Mega64 has taken up the mantle of the Wizards (1977) thread in GBS and is already outclassing the op in terms of content

also im sorry for making fun of you in gbs op, if you hadnt posted with a month old alt and talked about Pick being chain probed i wouldve been less of a douche (probably)(1977)

ty Saoshyant!

PHIZ KALIFA

#mood
the sci fi channel played this during their SCI FI SANTATHON 2000 movie marathon when i was home from school and it blew my loving mind

crimes

DOPE FIEND KILLA G

free hubcaps posted:

i dont mean to rain on the ops parade but noted LPer Mega64 has taken up the mantle of the Wizards (1977) thread in GBS and is already outclassing the op in terms of content

also im sorry for making fun of you in gbs op, if you hadnt posted with a month old alt and talked about Pick being chain probed i wouldve been less of a douche (probably)(1977)

huh. thats interesting

hallelujah

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

free hubcaps posted:

my love for bakshi is intense and personal and mega64 doesn't even know who he is, so tbh i'm interested to see how the duelling threads turn out. it's all publicity and possibly even increased sales for my favourite strange little man

----------------

DOPE FIEND KILLA G

op is doing a great job but two things i feel i should high light here

fauna posted:

and this terrifying thing, which is apparently her father

Eleanor's father (the clown) is officially The President of Montagar and should be referred to as such

Also notice that the demon patronizing the prostitutes is Winnie the Pooh. dude loves his honies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DOPE FIEND KILLA G

eleanor and avatar are basically ashley and leon from RE4