Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hallelujah

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
i return wearing a different mask, but my soul is still the very same

the fat soldier is having a meltdown and doesn't want to fight. he says it's because he's sick of killing and all creatures deserve life, but when his friend tells him that blackwolf has rediscovered a technology that will make them invincible, he grabs his gun and charges out with joy

blackwolf's new toy is a film projector. he martials his troops, the "new master race". some of them look more masterful than others

things get very bakshi as the mutant cavalry arrive, with their winged demons and evil unicorns

and blackwolf prepares to reveal to them "the ancient secret of war"

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hallelujah

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

"BEHOLD"

----------------

DOPE FIEND KILLA G

love that buff bug

Heather Papps

hello friend

maybe it's just me but i mostly only post in byob, so gbs weirdness is nbd to little ol me, and i really like this thread.

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

free hubcaps

hallelujah posted:

my love for bakshi is intense and personal and mega64 doesn't even know who he is, so tbh i'm interested to see how the duelling threads turn out. it's all publicity and possibly even increased sales for my favourite strange little man

right on, im a big fan myself so having 2 threads means we are in a golden forums Age of Ralph right now

u should do fire and ice in gbs concurrently w/ this thread, i will be supportive this time i promise

ty Saoshyant!

hallelujah

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

blackwolf's mutant army is instantly enthralled by the long-lost art of nazism

the propaganda whips them into a frenzy

----------------

hallelujah

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

free hubcaps posted:

we are in a golden forums Age of Ralph right now

----------------

hallelujah

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

blackwolf's troops march on east elfland. as you can see from this top-tier fantasy map, elfland is in a vulnerable position, isolated by the radioactive wastes from the rest of fairydom

i believe that we are now in the fairy mountains, as that is where the fairies live. news has reached them that the elves are already in the trenches to defend themselves against the nazi mutants, and so they take to the sky to join them in battle. exactly what they intend to do is a mystery to me, they don't seem all that useful in a fight, but with fairies you must always expect the unexpected

----------------

hallelujah

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

we join the elves in the trenches of east elfland, waiting for the arrival of the nazis. here we meet the young elf peewhittle (actual name) and my favourite single-scene character in animation history, alfie

alfie is a veteran of the last war and he has seen all this poo poo before. he reassures peewhittle that blackwolf's troops look scary, but they're all cowards; they'll just turn tail and run like they did last time. also, and i can't express this strongly enough, his pipe has tits

----------------

free hubcaps

hallelujah posted:

we join the elves in the trenches of east elfland, waiting for the arrival of the nazis. here we meet the young elf peewhittle (actual name) and my favourite single-scene character in animation history, alfie

alfie is a veteran of the last war and he has seen all this poo poo before. he reassures peewhittle that blackwolf's troops look scary, but they're all cowards; they'll just turn tail and run like they did last time. also, and i can't express this strongly enough, his pipe has tits

bakshi straight up says "these guys are Poland" at the start of this scene in hte commentary lol

ty Saoshyant!

google THIS

Fully sexual pipe

hallelujah

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

the nazi army approaches and the elves prepare to fight

but loving blackwolf is there with his magic projector, and the nazi propaganda instantly strikes the elves with terror

the nazis storm the trench and the elves are completely destroyed

only young peewhittle survives

but wait

no

NO

----------------

Heather Papps

hello friend

:smith:

alnilam

The first time i ever heard about this movie was basically an AMV of this scene set to the hosed ip krautrock song Eye Shaking King by amon duul 2, but i can't find it right now :(

hallelujah

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

back in idyllic big dick city

elinore is grieving in her own way

weehawk wants to kill

and avatar has been telepathically torturing necron-99 for hours, apparently almost to the point of death, going through his brain with a finetooth comb and accessed all knowledge of blackwolf's ancient propaganda machine. obviously someone needs to defeat blackwolf and destroy the machine, but avatar has other ideas

elinore wants to avenge her father, i have no idea why, but i find her bloodlust oddly touching. and obviously weehawk is an elf so he wants to kill blackwolf too. so avatar says ok i'll come too, if you guys insist

to find the dream machine, avatar explains that they'll need the cooperation of their captive, whom he has adopted and renamed "peace". the other two take this news quite well. being an android thing, peace is connected to the workings of blackwolf's machinery, and can be freed only by its destruction. avatar seems to have full faith in his ability to "reason with him"; he sends weehawk and elinore away to say goodbye to everyone and settles down with a glass of wine to conduct some more horrific torture on the captive

peace has joined the party!

hallelujah fucked around with this message at 03:39 on Feb 18, 2020

----------------

The Bloop

by Fluffdaddy
You're doing a good job, OP.
Keep it up

Goons Are Gifts

The Bloop posted:

You're doing a good job, OP.
Keep it up

hallelujah

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

weehawk bids farewell to his hot wife and all the other weehawks

this sort of nonsense goes on too

elinore promises the other fairies she'll "return a full-fledged fairy". apparently the fact that her wings are translucent means that she's only half-fairy or something. i am mystified as to how it all works. it's magic!

avatar tells peace that if he starts poo poo, "i got stuff planned for you that'll take twenty years to kill ya, and you'll be screamin for mercy in the first five seconds!" i believe him too. his resemblance to a garden gnome clearly belies a heart of steel. peace responds "no pain, peace want love", testament to avatar's nightmarish interrogation skills

and good news! the dinohorse things are back

----------------

hallelujah

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

looks like i was right about the fairies' combat skills

:(

----------------

owlhawk911

come chill with me, in byob

google THIS posted:

Fully sexual pipe

pipe with human titties

i'm staying up late watching wizards (1977) be posted in byob. can't wait to see what happens

https://giant.gfycat.com/PlasticAngryHousefly.webm
this sig a mf'n vanisher joint. gobbos by khanstant

Heather Papps

hello friend

i am getting very strong elfquest vibes from this. i know of ralph but i did not know this existed.

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

I remember my brother and I renting this from blockbuster when I was like 12 and my mom let us get it because it was called wizards and it was a cartoon and we were Dnd nerds and boy was the babysitter shocked.

https://i.imgur.com/R8ctked.mp4
ty Manifisto for this wonderful sig!

The Bloop

by Fluffdaddy

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

I remember my brother and I renting this from blockbuster when I was like 12 and my mom let us get it because it was called wizards and it was a cartoon and we were Dnd nerds and boy was the babysitter shocked.

This is roughly my exact experience

magic cactus

We lied. We are not at war. There is no enemy. This is a rescue operation.

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

Same but for me this aired as a double bill with the plague dogs on space channel in the late 90's. Messed young me up something fierce

Thanks to Saoshyant for the amazing spring '23 sig!

alnilam

Woah i just looked it up and it's the same guy who did the weird lotr cartoon and allso was involved in cool world?

I guess they all have a similar rotoscope vibe

e : woah also fritz the cat. I lived with a cat named fritz for a while, my housemate named her cat after that movie

alnilam fucked around with this message at 05:06 on Feb 18, 2020

hallelujah

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

in occupied east elfland, the prisoners of war are marched through the ruins in search of somewhere to keep them. the soldiers come upon a temple that is given no denomination beyond "it's religious"

the temple has been built around ancient relics of the earth that exploded, priceless artefacts stored and revered for millennia

the soldiers locate the temple's non-denominational rabbis, whom i believe, based on my rudimentary understanding of montagar's ethnic communities, to be dwarves. at gunpoint, the soldiers demand the rabbis allow the captured prisoners to be brought into the temple

the rabbis are cool as a cucumber in the face of death

"my sons, you say that you are the victors. but there is only one victor"

"that's Him."

the rabbis' delightful little shuffle off-stage makes me lol irl, but the soldiers are unmoved

the sun is setting so, pressed to make a decision, the rabbis request that they be allowed to observe sundown. the soldiers reluctantly give them a moment to pray

----------------

hallelujah

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
the rabbis begin to pray

----------------

hallelujah

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

the rabbis continue to pray

----------------

hallelujah

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

five hours later

the rabbis continue to pray

the soldier in command has finally had enough, so he calls out the window to implement "plan a"

plan a is the machine-gunning of the captured elves in full earshot of the rabbis. they pause for a heartbeat; then they continue to pray

the soldier immediately calls for the implementation of "plan b"

----------------

Stoner Sloth

dang thanks for posting this OP - I really loved this movie back when I was a kid, brings back memories!

sigs by the awesome Manifisto, Vanisher, City of Glompton, Pot Smoke Phoenix, Nut, Heather Papps,Prof Crocodile, knuthgrush, Ohtori Akio, Teapot, Saosyhant, Dumb Sex Parrot, w4ddl3d33, and nesamdoom!! - ty friends!

Barco Fiesta

a fantasy of olives
i have never seen this movie but it looks like a trip, so I found it on youtube and im gonna watch it after work

Heather Papps

hello friend

Barco Fiesta posted:

i have never seen this movie but it looks like a trip, so I found it on youtube and im gonna watch it after work

i was going to watch it immediately, but this is like a stranger at a party telling me about a movie, and i kind of want to hear the whole deal. then i will watch the hell out of this.

biosterous

Heather Papps posted:

i was going to watch it immediately, but this is like a stranger at a party telling me about a movie, and i kind of want to hear the whole deal. then i will watch the hell out of this.

back when i worked at a no frills, one time while tidying the shelves at the end of the night a coworker told me the entity of the movie "funny games". it was an enthralling experience, and also made me realize i really didn't want to actually see that movie

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

DOPE FIEND KILLA G

biosterous posted:

back when i worked at a no frills, one time while tidying the shelves at the end of the night a coworker told me the entity of the movie "funny games". it was an enthralling experience, and also made me realize i really didn't want to actually see that movie

oh man, i love funny games lol

owlhawk911

come chill with me, in byob

you gonna keep this going op? i'm super into it

https://giant.gfycat.com/PlasticAngryHousefly.webm
this sig a mf'n vanisher joint. gobbos by khanstant

hallelujah

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

owlhawk911 posted:

you gonna keep this going op? i'm super into it
of course! :3: i'm doing irl stuff at the moment but wizards (1977) will return soon, to continue in sporadic but frequent bursts until its glorious conclusion. i'm so glad you're all enjoying it, it's a work of art, and it translates surprisingly well to forum posts

----------------

hallelujah

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
good news everybody, goonwolf has a wife and she looks like this

we are in what i can only assume to be blackwolf's castle, or house or hive or whatever the hell. his interior decorating choices are extraordinary and i really appreciate this insight into the character

blackwolf's marriage seems normal

his wife is pregnant; she says it's a boy and i believe she would know. blackwolf says that if she gives him a son, she can help him rule the planet. he declares that his unreasonable behaviour is driven only by wanting non-poisoned land for his son to grow up in, and to attain equal rights for mutants. then he asks his wise men

whether the baby will be a human or a mutant. they tell him it will be a mutant, so he decides to kill it

----------------

hallelujah

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

peace leads the heroes of the realm through the canyons toward the fairy mountains, which actually i thought were on the western side of the map in the opposite direction to scortch, but what would i know. it is possible that all mountains are inhabited by fairies, and that only one range was infested heavily enough to get the name. on the way through he snaps a branch in the path that i feel sure he must have seen, alerting a guardian crow demon that flies back to scortch. accident, or something more sinister?

the characters discuss whether to risk the fairy mountains, or go around. peace hates fairies, weehawk hates fairies, elinore doesn't even seem to like fairies all that much, but avatar says gently caress you all we're going to see the fairies and they all just accept it. it is worth mentioning at this point that peace now talks, but in broken sentences like "fairies bad not good" and in the voice of someone with catastrophic brain damage. i can only imagine what avatar did to him during his reconditioning in big dick tower. who is the real villain here?

hitler

notice how peace has his demonic black dinohorse back, even though we clearly saw it 100% dead at the start. they had a moment when it reappeared, so i'm pretty sure it's the same one. how did this happen? was it resurrected? do the dinohorses naturally respawn after a brief dormancy? is it a revenant, back to wreak vengeance on weehawk? i don't know, and i don't think we ever find out

as they pass into the woods, weehawk complains that "fairies and elves are bad blood cousins", a fascinating glimpse into inter-fairy racism. avatar tells him to put up or shut up. then

oh no

oh poo poo

----------------

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

hallelujah posted:

good news everybody, goonwolf has a wife and she looks like this

Hey, that's what my wife looks like

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hallelujah

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

things escalate quickly

weehawk hates fairies

he loving hates them

oh poo poo

no! you fool, what have you done

no drat it, this is how they get you

so am i understanding this? elinore's dad was that horrifying masked thing and her mother was one of... those

so while all that poo poo is going on

loving fairies! i warned you

----------------