Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

free hubcaps

i dont mean to rain on the ops parade but noted LPer Mega64 has taken up the mantle of the Wizards (1977) thread in GBS and is already outclassing the op in terms of content

also im sorry for making fun of you in gbs op, if you hadnt posted with a month old alt and talked about Pick being chain probed i wouldve been less of a douche (probably)(1977)

ty Saoshyant!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

free hubcaps

hallelujah posted:

my love for bakshi is intense and personal and mega64 doesn't even know who he is, so tbh i'm interested to see how the duelling threads turn out. it's all publicity and possibly even increased sales for my favourite strange little man

right on, im a big fan myself so having 2 threads means we are in a golden forums Age of Ralph right now

u should do fire and ice in gbs concurrently w/ this thread, i will be supportive this time i promise

ty Saoshyant!

free hubcaps

hallelujah posted:

we join the elves in the trenches of east elfland, waiting for the arrival of the nazis. here we meet the young elf peewhittle (actual name) and my favourite single-scene character in animation history, alfie

alfie is a veteran of the last war and he has seen all this poo poo before. he reassures peewhittle that blackwolf's troops look scary, but they're all cowards; they'll just turn tail and run like they did last time. also, and i can't express this strongly enough, his pipe has tits

bakshi straight up says "these guys are Poland" at the start of this scene in hte commentary lol

ty Saoshyant!

free hubcaps

shits gettin serious now, building up to the most excellent ending

ty Saoshyant!

free hubcaps

hallelujah posted:

ok, i thought before i started that i might be able to do a one-post tl;dr on the directors' commentary. but it turns out bakshi is a fountain of animation knowledge, so it's going to take multiple posts. this is a good thing

spoiler: he hates disney

spoiler 2: avatar was inspired by columbo (e: and bakshi's dad :kimchi:), and

one of my favorite recurring pieces of the commentary is how obviously happy he is with the coloring job, he mentions it multiple times

also

ultrafilter posted:

Do Fire and Ice next.

ty Saoshyant!