Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sarah Cenia
Apr 2, 2008

Laying in the forest, by the water
Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me
Usually it's all of the things that I want to get as part of projects followed by the realization that I'm never gonna be able to afford any of them and the amount of time it takes for me to save up for even a single one is ridiculous.

I feel like I'm just waiting my life away. Waiting on this, waiting for that, waiting endlessly.
I need money but my hope of ever getting a non-poo poo job is pretty dim. I don't even know what I want to do anymore and I'm not qualified on paper for anything.

Lol ok go back to sleep

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sarah Cenia
Apr 2, 2008

Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me
My wife has had one job throughout our relationship and I've had, like, a different one every year and they've all been poo poo

Sarah Cenia
Apr 2, 2008

Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me

Chewbecca posted:

Same, except swap wife for husband.

Is it the jobs?

Am I unlucky?

Is it the scourge of capitalism?

Is it me?

If it's me, wtf can I do about it?

Yes, exactly!!
I don't know the answers but I'm glad that someone can relate, unfortunate as it is.
I have, I feel, a variety of hobby-level skills that could be leveraged into career skills but I have no degree/certification and nobody will hire without one.
I'm just tired of barely getting by with nothing to really show for it. I'm not asking for the world. Just enough money to, like, not live in fear, or be able to save up some, or whatever.

Sarah Cenia
Apr 2, 2008

Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me
I often wake up and think about how I'm gonna find a job that pays more than poo poo money and I have no loving clue

Sarah Cenia
Apr 2, 2008

Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me

notanarsonist posted:

3-6am i'm always wide awake. I've worked full time graveyard shifts for almost 2 years now. Money is pretty alright for what i do, and i like it because i'm not a people person, so the only things that talk back are the machines and floors i clean. Lately though, i'm beginning to realize the full price of these shifts, which is costing more than the companies money.

I recently took 8 weeks off work. They shut down on account of the bug going around, and instead of switching to mornings, i opted to take life easy and live off that federal check that went around. During that time, i saw friends i had not seen in forever, and met new people both irl and online. But as i returned, those relationships dissapeared as quickly as my exposure to the sun. My old friends miss hanging out at reasonable hours, and the new friends i've made thought i fell off the face of the earth. I catch them from time to time (mostly the online people) on the weekends, when they can stay up late. But they've already done their gaming/drinking/party for the night, and i only get a handful of minutes before the party winds down and people start heading to bed.

I was fairly content with the work situation before my vacation, but now that my eyes are open and i realize the life i'm forefitting in exchange for work, it's hitting me hard. I'm almost 30, and my friends are living their lives right before mine. Out of state trips, camping and fishing expeditions. Marriages, kids, deaths in the family. All of it is taking a backseat to my career, and i'm being left on the sidelines. A decent relationship also has yet to be found, and it's not going to get easier to find in my 30's.

May this rant serve not only as decent bathroom reading material, but as a potential cry for help. Hopefully it doesn't hit too close to home with anyone else reading this.

I lasted four months working an overnight job. I thought I could do it 'cause I've always been a night person and also not a people person. But working overnight is completely different from just being up all night. It's horrible for you physically and mentally. Good luck man. My life definitely improved immediately once I got out of that job.

I really miss being able to stay up until 4 sometimes, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sarah Cenia
Apr 2, 2008

Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me
I'm too worried about everything to go back to sleep so the threads in PYF about specific decades and also BYOB really help me chill eventually