Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Chomp8645 posted:

I'm a gamer.

People with post-red title combos like the one I'm quoting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer

Chomp8645 posted:

I'm a gamer.

That's hosed up

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Nurge posted:

People with post-red title combos like the one I'm quoting.

I love you.

Chewbecca
Feb 13, 2005

Just chillin' : )
Boomers.

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

Cheesus posted:

Only-Theater Laughers.

In my experience, there are three volumes of laughter.

1. Normal hours. You're watching a funny movie and maybe slightly higher than normal speaking-volume laughing. "Ha ha ha!"
2. After hours. It's after midnight and everyone is sleeping. Out of normal courtesy, you muffle your laughter with a whispered or otherwise muted "*heheh*"
3. Theater. You're in a movie or maybe watching a performance and you feel the need to compete with others by booming a laugh as loud as possible "HA! HA! HA!"

The Only-Theater Laugher only recognizes the final as as the appropriate volume of laughter for any given time.

Not only is that same, tired Ru Paul double-entendre not funny at 8pm to warrant that volume of laughter, it's certainly not that loving funny at 1am and you wake your partner who was sleeping in the room above you.

Bonus: When said partner comes down stairs to tell that you woke them up and to please keep it quiet, you angrily push back and tell them to just shut the door so you won't hear them (no that doesn't work, rear end in a top hat).

A sub-class of this is the performative movie theatre laugher who employs setting 3 at every minor pop culture reference/Easter egg in whatever lovely comic book movie you're watching to show that "yes, I am a nerd of culture."

pretty princess
Jan 3, 2010

-|-
/ \
lowtax is the worst type of persons

tripwood
Jul 21, 2003

"Cuno can see you're trying to shit him, but Cuno's unshittable, so fuck does Cuno care?"

Hint: He doesn't care.
People who smoke indoors and smell like an ashtray filled with hobo-poo poo.

revwinnebago
Oct 4, 2017

tripwood posted:

Vapists.

Une: People who think blowing a big cloud of vape juice is cool. What do they think is happening? There is no smoke, you rear end in a top hat. You are just wasting your money.

Duo: People who don't realize vape stinks just as much as anything else, so they're blowing that poo poo in crowds and wherever.

Tois: "Cigs are banned guess I'll just have to take my vape to this preschool WHAT DO YOU MEAN TAKE IT OUTSIDE!?"

Eh! Frank
Mar 28, 2006

Doctor gave me these, I said what are these?
He said that they'll cure an existential type disease

tripwood posted:

Another thing my roommate does, chain-smokes smelly-rear end cigarillos in the house when I've told him in the past I really don't like it. I don't bother trying to get him to stop any more, mainly because I'm guilty of smoking weed in my bedroom and so I feel like a hypocrite (even though the weed smoke dissipates relatively quickly while the cigarillo smoke lingers in ever-growing clouds).

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

How did it take until page 3 before the worst generation was mentioned?

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
the worst people are the ones who type poo poo like "I was playing football (soccer) with my friends"

if you need to clarify that by "football" you mean "soccer" and not "American football" why not just write soccer in the first place, that is what you are going to call it anyways???

Deep Glove Bruno
Sep 4, 2015

yung swamp thang
Because Americans mistakenly, EVER so mistakenly, think emulating British poo poo makes for either a touch of class or a deliberate highbrow reference to basically one of three cultural touchstones, as far as I can tell:
a) monty python
b) old school punk
c) unconscionable white rudeboy second wave ska

So when you see a lovely band put a british spelling of something in their name or album title, that's just the 16+ aged version of 12-year olds saying "SPAM!?" and cackling

Jay_Zombie
Apr 20, 2007

We're sealing the tunnel!
I've met a lot of different kinds of people and I have to say that all of them are the worst. Literally everyone sucks. Maybe not in the same way, but everyone, in some facet, is terrible.

The Dregs
Dec 29, 2005

MY TREEEEEEEE!

The kind of guy who is already famous and rich enough for 20 lifetimes, but feels he needs to earn more by hawking fake poo poo in infomercials. That's definitely the worst kind of person.

Dr.D-O
Jan 3, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Rad-daddio posted:

people who keep kids on leashes are the worst

Some kids need leashes.

xdirtypinkox
Aug 12, 2004

And it gets easier as I pass the Edward Scissorhands village where privileged white kids date rape girls and taunt me in their SUV's.
I don't care for people who are overly political it's like we get it you watch the news. :rolleyes:

Meatwolfe
Oct 31, 2011
People who buy and eat full fast food meals on the bus. Everyone else on there is hungry and can wait until they get home, but these assholes have no self restraint and have to suck down a burger with extra onions right now, directly behind you.

Hector Delgado
Sep 23, 2007

Time for shore leave!!
People who think they're smarter than you cause they listen to podcasts.
Had a friend who got all his news/world views from the Joe Rogan podcast and let me tell you that was a goddamn nightmare.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon

Dr.D-O posted:

Some kids need leashes.

And gags. Should be standard equipment on planes.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
People who think they are smart and like to share it with everyone around them.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Meatwolfe posted:

People who buy and eat full fast food meals on the bus. Everyone else on there is hungry and can wait until they get home, but these assholes have no self restraint and have to suck down a burger with extra onions right now, directly behind you.

This, but it’s some guy trying to open a pack of dipping sauce and you wonder if you willed it when he inevitably spills the sauce all over himself and the bus.

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

People who think they're too important to sweep the damned floor

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Dr.D-O posted:

Some kids need lashes.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Literally the Worst type of Person

The Breakfast Sampler
Jan 1, 2006

Meatwolfe posted:

these people are to be envied as much as reviled, imo. the worst is when this happens on a plane. no i didn't have time to stop at the concourse, I barely made it through security and I'm drunk at 10am. you bastard with your plane whopper. guess I'll just enjoy these pretzels you fucker.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Colonel Cancer posted:

People who think they are smart and like to share it with everyone around them.

What if I love to share fun facts but think I'm dumb as hell?

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

The Breakfast Sampler posted:

these people are to be envied as much as reviled, imo. the worst is when this happens on a plane. no i didn't have time to stop at the concourse, I barely made it through security and I'm drunk at 10am. you bastard with your plane whopper. guess I'll just enjoy these pretzels you fucker.

A lovely subway sub is good plane food.

Chewbecca
Feb 13, 2005

Just chillin' : )

MakaVillian posted:

How did it take until page 3 before the worst generation was mentioned?

I thought the same drat thing. I was prepped to empty quote!

Dumbfire Rocketman
Jul 30, 2009

a drunk european baby
is putting u in ur place

Alcoholics and addicts. We're all trying to numb our pain. These are people that have made that their only priority. Numbing their own pain, at all costs. Nothing and nobody else matters to them.

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
people who breath

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
People who walk right up to the subway barriers and only then start to fish around in their pockets trying to locate their ticket. Bastards!

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

A Fancy Hat posted:

The guy at the movie theater who has his phone set to flash a light when he gets a text message, and it goes off one time and you think "Okay, well now he's noticed it and he's definitely going to turn it off."

Worse than this is the person who goes into a cinema that has assigned seats, sits in a random seat and then, when approached by the person who has a ticket for the seat they're sitting in acts shocked. Shocked! That they could possibly be sitting in the wrong seat.

I see this happen every time I go to the movies and I do. Not. Understand. How it happens. If you're going to sneak into a movie sit down the front until it starts then grab an empty seat. If you've got a ticket then sit in your goddamned assigned seat. This isn't new technology or anything unreasonable but there's always one gormless motherfucker that has to gently caress it up for everyone else.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

large_gourd posted:

why am i walking into public bathrooms with big shits in them all the time. with piss on the seat and or floor. or even just the brown area that indicates an insufficient flush

why is this happening in all contexts - not just grimy bars or whatever where you might expect that, but in office buildings, in gyms, in any kind of public building, at any time of day, in any area

Someone at my office regularly stuffs the toilet with mountains of toilet paper so you can't flush it without flooding the place and you either have to mash all the paper down the toilet with the toilet brush or put an 'Out of Order' sign up until the cleaner comes to deal with it. This happens several times a week and I cannot fathom what is happening that warrants just shoving half a roll of toilet paper into the toilet. It's got to be a fetish or some manic compulsive behaviour, I can't think of any other reasonable explanation.

People are just goddamned animals and the second they think they can get away with something slovenly or gross they absolutely will. It's goddamned mind-boggling.

Indy
Mar 30, 2005

Hey guys, what's up?

hockey jockey posted:

People who use the speaker on their phone during calls. Even if you're the only person within a mile radius, still a dick move. Hold the phone up to your ear you lazy idiot.

This. I can feel the rage now.
Also people that are using the earphones but holds the phone horizontally in front of their face and talk really loud.

Whybird
Aug 2, 2009

Phaiston have long avoided the tightly competetive defence sector, but the IRDA Act 2052 has given us the freedom we need to bring out something really special.

https://team-robostar.itch.io/robostar

Nap Ghost
1. The pestilential nuisances who write for autographs

2. All people who have flabby hands and irritating laughs

3. All children who are up in dates, and floor you with 'em flat

4. All persons who in shaking hands, shake hands with you like that

5. All third persons who on spoiling tête-á-têtes insist

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
Immigrant wife's running from their husbands.

Bonus points if they are towing a child with them on the lamb

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Pistol_Pete posted:

People who walk right up to the subway barriers and only then start to fish around in their pockets trying to locate their ticket. Bastards!

This is true in any situation where you have to pay for something, when you are second in line get your poo poo out and be ready to go.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

People who say your first name in every sentence when talking to you and asking you for something.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I think they teach that in "Intro to being a basic bitch low level manager 101" and it carries over into other things.
Like it's presented as "Here's how you capture someone's attention and show you're professionally addressing them" or something stupid like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Glenn Quebec posted:

Immigrant wife's running from their husbands.

Bonus points if they are towing a child with them on the lamb

????

I'm confused.