Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Big Beef City posted:

I think they teach that in "Intro to being a basic bitch low level manager 101" and it carries over into other things.
Like it's presented as "Here's how you capture someone's attention and show you're professionally addressing them" or something stupid like that.

Really? When I first meet people I admit to doing this but it's so I can learn their names. I'm really bad with names but some repetition in a few different sentences can do wonders.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
People that can't be direct. If you want to call someone out because you don't like what they are doing or how they are, just do it you puss. It seems like everybody prefers being catty and using petty passive aggressive talk or schemes to get their points across. I guess it comes with the territory in office settings but they are rife with it.

It's incredible how many people are like this. Just insult them directly, jesus.

DeathCrabForCutie
Jul 14, 2019
oh fuc-

Wicker Man posted:

People that can't be direct. If you want to call someone out because you don't like what they are doing or how they are, just do it you puss. It seems like everybody prefers being catty and using petty passive aggressive talk or schemes to get their points across. I guess it comes with the territory in office settings but they are rife with it.

It's incredible how many people are like this. Just insult them directly, jesus.

But then you dont get plausable deniability when they call you out right back.

Hector Delgado
Sep 23, 2007

Time for shore leave!!
People who post their Twitter on S.A.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Hector Delgado posted:

People who post their Twitter on S.A.

Along this line, people who post links to stories and news and stuff instead of copy/pasting the content. I'm not going to a different website. I'M JUST NOT.

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
People who ask their "friends" who just so happen to be professional pianists if they can "play them a little tune". For FREE?!! We ain't running a fuckin charity here you wanna hear the plingplonks you buy a ticket to the concert like a normal person. Just cause we're "friends" we're supposed to "entertain" each other, and "talk" about "things", and "at least interact" on "any level"? Fucken L-M-A-O get out of here.

Buncha jerkbag freeloaders those people.

Also: People whose posts are so steeped in irony you no longer have any idea what you were writing about.

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Mooey Cow posted:

People who ask their "friends" who just so happen to be professional pianists if they can "play them a little tune". For FREE?!! We ain't running a fuckin charity here you wanna hear the plingplonks you buy a ticket to the concert like a normal person. Just cause we're "friends" we're supposed to "entertain" each other, and "talk" about "things", and "at least interact" on "any level"? Fucken L-M-A-O get out of here.

Buncha jerkbag freeloaders those people.

Also: People whose posts are so steeped in irony you no longer have any idea what you were writing about.

People who hit themselves.

Skeleton Ape
Dec 21, 2008

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Chomp8645 posted:

????

I'm confused.

Not entirely certain, but I think it was a dig on Lowtax's soon-to-be ex

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
You and me :(

My Shoes
Jul 23, 2019

People who wear t-shirts of bands they don't actually listen to are the worst.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

My Shoes posted:

This, but own books they never read.

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

Glenn Quebec posted:

Immigrant wife's running from their husbands.

Bonus points if they are towing a child with them on the lamb

???

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe
People with tattoos of a language they don't speak. Well ok let's say can't read in case it's a dead language and they're historians.

EDIT: Also bad frogs

Nurge fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Feb 27, 2020

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

My Shoes posted:

This is entirely on the bands and nothing makes me happier than seeing a teen girl make a 35 year old self serious metal man pop an artery and turn purple because she bought a Metallica t-shirt at H&M because skulls and thunder are cool and aesthetic but metal music is poo poo.

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
I never really got into Cannibal Corpse but I need the t-shirt for job interviews

My Shoes
Jul 23, 2019

That reminds me. Teen girls are the worst. I didn't even like myself until i was 21 and could drink alcohol.

ed: oh who am i kidding; I still don't like myself :P

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

People who gatekeep hobbies/subcultures. Yeah I'm wearing a band t-shirt because I liked one of their albums, no I don't know individual biography of every member, I don't stalk them and quite frankly I don't give a flying gently caress about who they are or what they do if I like the sounds that they make, alright?!?

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Colonel Cancer posted:

People who gatekeep hobbies/subcultures. Yeah I'm wearing a band t-shirt because I liked one of their albums, no I don't know individual biography of every member, I don't stalk them and quite frankly I don't give a flying gently caress about who they are or what they do if I like the sounds that they make, alright?!?

Narrator: It was not all right.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Colonel Cancer posted:

I second this wholeheartedly.

imo one of the worst types of person is the kind who strongly believes that all consumption is culture/politics. They go around making a stink at every opportunity because of some poo poo a movie/game/video/music maker said or did (even if it was many years ago, even if it's just something loosely alleged) and say you should feel bad for liking their thing and that buying their thing is equivalent to a war crime. Every movie they have ever watched and every video game they have ever played is part of the culture war to them. They exist only to "own" the libs or the chuds by consuming the Correct Media. They suck.

Meme Poker Party fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Feb 27, 2020

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
lol all of my students wear 80s/90s music and tv nostalgia stuff they are mostly unfamiliar with. One of my coworkers was trying to make fun of a kid who was wearing a joy division shirt but not knowing who they were. I called them a boomer and we all had a hearty laugh, I mean not the coworker he was super mad. Gen x is very protective of their mass market media i guess.

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

Rad-daddio posted:

people who keep kids on leashes are the worst

Awful opinion. Just terrible.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

My Shoes posted:

That reminds me. Teen girls are the worst.

I think we can extend this to teenagers in general.

Syenite
Jun 21, 2011
Grimey Drawer

Chomp8645 posted:

I second this wholeheartedly.

imo one of the worst types of person is the kind who strongly believes that all consumption is culture/politics. They go around making a stink at every opportunity because of some poo poo a movie/game/video/music maker said or did (even if it was many years ago, even if it's just something loosely alleged) and say you should feel bad for liking their thing and that buying their thing is equivalent to a war crime. Every movie they have ever watched and every video game they have ever played is part of the culture war to them. They exist only to "own" the libs or the chuds by consuming the Correct Media. They suck.

people who very loudly think call of duty doesn't have political themes are the worst

Syenite fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Feb 27, 2020

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

:barf::sweep::zoid:

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

lol all of my students wear 80s/90s music and tv nostalgia stuff they are mostly unfamiliar with. One of my coworkers was trying to make fun of a kid who was wearing a joy division shirt but not knowing who they were. I called them a boomer and we all had a hearty laugh, I mean not the coworker he was super mad. Gen x is very protective of their mass market media i guess.

I wouldn’t fault anyone for wearing the Joy Division shirt without being familiar with their music. It’s a cool design but Unknown Pleasures is a very dour listening experience. I mean I love it for that reason but how many people are really that into Joy Division. The shirt is their most recognizable product.

I used to have a KISS shirt I liked to wear because I thought it was funny. I’m not really a fan, I honestly think their music is pretty dumb. I just liked the shirt. I’m close to the right age to have been into Kiss as a kid so I constantly had weird rocker dudes coming up to me yelling KISS ARMY and doing that dopey tongue wag devil horns thing and wanting to talk about Gene Simmons or whatever. Had to stop wearing the shirt.

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Ralph Hurley posted:

I wouldn’t fault anyone for wearing the Joy Division shirt without being familiar with their music. It’s a cool design but Unknown Pleasures is a very dour listening experience. I mean I love it for that reason but how many people are really that into Joy Division. The shirt is their most recognizable product.

I used to have a KISS shirt I liked to wear because I thought it was funny. I’m not really a fan, I honestly think their music is pretty dumb. I just liked the shirt. I’m close to the right age to have been into Kiss as a kid so I constantly had weird rocker dudes coming up to me yelling KISS ARMY and doing that dopey tongue wag devil horns thing and wanting to talk about Gene Simmons or whatever. Had to stop wearing the shirt.

Uhh, wow dude. There's a reason Joy Division is a well known band, and it's not the drat shirt. I mean it's fine to not personally like it, but goddamn.

My Shoes
Jul 23, 2019

For the record, I really like Joy Division.. and New Order, too. for whatever that is worth.

ED:

Nurge posted:

Uhh, wow dude. There's a reason Joy Division is a well known band, and it's not the drat shirt. I mean it's fine to not personally like it, but goddamn.

drat, beat me to it.

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

:barf::sweep::zoid:

I said I liked them though? They were a great band. I just don’t think it’s weird to know that image without knowing the music.

Pitdragon
Jan 20, 2004
Just another lurker
fancy dog breeders

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Pitdragon posted:

fancy dog breeders

People who create a market for fancy dog breeders.

wane tendo
Mar 19, 2005

Buglord
people who speed up when you go to pass them on the highway

dead prez
Sep 22, 2019

Everytime I look around, I see
So much drama goin down
So much fakeness goin down
people who don't pass fast enough on the highway

dead prez
Sep 22, 2019

So much drama goin down
So much fakeness goin down
stop hovering by my rear doors and pass already

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
People who are too chickenshit to pass a slow vehicle on a 2 lane freeway so they just hang out behind it forever, meaning I now have to jump into the oncoming lane and pass 2 cars instead of just 1

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

People who drive. Thanks for killing the planet, assholes :argh:

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

Devils Affricate posted:

People who are too chickenshit to pass a slow vehicle on a 2 lane freeway so they just hang out behind it forever, meaning I now have to jump into the oncoming lane and pass 2 cars instead of just 1

There was a dashcam video of a cop in the middle of a 4 car rolling roadblock and he pulled over the guy who tried to overtake them.

So that cop.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Law Enforcement Officers

Obsidianheart
Apr 26, 2017

Throwing off the shadow of a better man.
Fat people who stand in the middle of doorways or narrow aisles.

People who ask about your profession like they are trying to explain it to you.

Actually, you know what? Everybody sucks.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Whybird posted:

1. The pestilential nuisances who write for autographs

2. All people who have flabby hands and irritating laughs

3. All children who are up in dates, and floor you with 'em flat

4. All persons who in shaking hands, shake hands with you like that

5. All third persons who on spoiling tête-á-têtes insist

People who write posts that make little grammatical or logical sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

oil and gas sector employees. bosses too, but that's always a given.