Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MadDogMike
Apr 9, 2008

Cute but fanged
One of my favorite comments on the idea:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MadDogMike
Apr 9, 2008

Cute but fanged

Angry Salami posted:

It was goofier than that - The senator didn't die in a plane crash. Condor had already rejoined human society and was investigating an assassination plot against the senator, failed to stop it, and then just sort of shrugged and decided "Welp, guess I'll take over the victim's life!"

Eh, maybe that's acceptable in condor society, I don't know how they handle these situations.

They are scavengers, taking things from dead people is kind of their thing really.

MadDogMike
Apr 9, 2008

Cute but fanged

Endless Mike posted:

Morrison wasn't kicked off, as far as I know. He told the story he wanted to tell, and, yes, Magneto went from smart, conniving fake-Xorn to murder-happy New York destroyer over the course of a couple issues. This was followed up by Chuck loving Austen getting exactly two issues of New X-Men before the "New" was removed from the name again, in which he missed the mark on what Morrison was trying to do.

OK, the totality of my familiarity with this whole plotline is just the stuff I gleaned in passing from this vid, is that actually accurate as to how batshit the whole thing is? Seriously, I think X-men might be less of a comic and more of a soap opera stuck in "let's do weird episodes" mode.