Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

A pretty great one was the reveal in Amazing Spider-Man that Mary Jane knew Peter's identity. I don't have the scans handy, but I'll post 'em if I find 'em.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Amazing Spider-Man 258

Couldn't find the rest of the issue (or the one before it), but I think this gets the point across pretty well.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Kalli posted:

Why do they have a full size Native American Cigar Store statue?

A punch of Peter's friends threw him a housewarming party when he moved into his new apartment (MJ was elsewhere - she'd been shuffled out of the book at that point). One of the 'gifts' he received (along with I think a giant teddy bear and a bunch of toasters and lamps of dubious functionality) was that statue. I guess somebody else saw a chance to offload it.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Kalli posted:

Seems like a bad thing to keep around as a super hero. The odds of it coming to life and trying to kill you or a loved one at some point has to be near 100%, and then end up as a 'very unfortunate comic issues from the olden days' article on some blog.

He was dating Felicia at the time, so I guess he figured it'd be OK?

I know it went away eventually, but I don't remember when or how. I think his partment building got set on fire? It was gone when Peter & MJ moved in together after the wedding, I believe, but that was 40 issues later.

Maybe he just passed on the cursestatue to somebody else.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

MadDogMike posted:

OK, the totality of my familiarity with this whole plotline is just the stuff I gleaned in passing from this vid, is that actually accurate as to how batshit the whole thing is? Seriously, I think X-men might be less of a comic and more of a soap opera stuck in "let's do weird episodes" mode.

There's a reason Jay & Miles describe X-Men as a superhero soap opera in the intro to every episode.

(Also listen to it, it owns).