Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SweetBro
May 12, 2014

Did you read that sister?
Yes, truly a shitposter's post. I read it, Rem.
Low effort thread, because this is HnH and I would actually be surprised if more than 2 people actually gave enough of a poo poo to even respond here.

World 12 starts 2020-03-06.
http://www.havenandhearth.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=67175

Any of you nerds want to poopsock this and start a village?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It
can't remember the last world I was on but it's been a long time, looks like they added a bunch of stuff

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
how is this game still alive?

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

it's been the dev's hobby for about twelve years

not sure about getting back into it, over time the older versions would turn into a daily chore simulator from which the only release was sweet pvp death

Jackard fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Feb 26, 2020

dogsupremacy
Dec 3, 2012
If i'm remembering right there is a real poopsocking element where 6 fuckmen playing the same account 24/7 to say level unarmed combat could then walk into a base and punch out a whole village. Instead of other open world pvp games where the levels/gear are a distinct advantage but say 5 casual players with basic bows/swords could take on a poopsocker.

I also remember the combat being pretty janky especially around fights involving more than 1 person?

Has any of that changed. Whats the ratio of time to efficacy?

dogsupremacy
Dec 3, 2012
also is the pvp mainly constantly attacking a static structure (maybe it was a gate/wall) then getting very tired having to take a rest or meal break and then slightly damaging said structure again only to find out the player has another set of walls and logging out to never log in again

this also might be the game where a small group of us spent like the better part of a day fumbling our way through making a small shack/cabin and very short wall requiring 100s of doing the same chop tree harvest fiber etc only to find out we didn't put it on a foundation first so it rapidly decayed with no way to recover.

dogsupremacy fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Feb 27, 2020

SweetBro
May 12, 2014

Combat has improved a bit... It's still janky. PvP is now mostly centered around building siege poo poo and breaking walls with that rather than punching walls.

The Bramble
Mar 16, 2004

Played this with a group of friends last summer for about a month. The game is absolutely huge and the crafting is legit. However as it became clear just how much grinding was required to increase the quality level of everything from your crops, to minerals you mine, to deer you hunt, we all fell off. Chat was full of people whining about squads of Russians wandering around razing everyones houses and villages on sight and combat seemed really janky with yet another huge investment in time to be any good at it. I was consistently getting stung to death by gnats and decided this game just wasn't for me.

Shadowlz
Oct 3, 2011

Oh it's gonna happen one way or the other, pal.

dogsupremacy posted:

this also might be the game where a small group of us spent like the better part of a day fumbling our way through making a small shack/cabin and very short wall requiring 100s of doing the same chop tree harvest fiber etc only to find out we didn't put it on a foundation first so it rapidly decayed with no way to recover.

So it's basically Wurm Online but less grindy?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Something about the graphics really appeal to me, I just wish this wasn't a game about PvP and crafting.

SweetBro
May 12, 2014

So world 14 is happening in like 2 days.

Brass
Oct 30, 2011

SweetBro posted:

So world 14 is happening in like 2 days.

How long did you last in W13? I will probably be playing in W14, but it's really hard to find a group that I vibe with. Lots of spergs, undesirables, and kids. I played solo for about 3 weeks and then just gave up. There's too much for one person to do, you have to either play with multiple people, use bots/learn to code, and/or run multiple accounts. I've played in at least 4 or 5 worlds by now but I've only ever had a serious village for one, and that was a ton of fun (in W11 iirc).

The HnH discord and forums are extremely toxic and edgy. I think 4chan has better moderation. There's been a lot of drama this year as it seemed to be a push to get these toxic people out of the community, but the devs are pretty much libertarian swedes or someshit and won't permaban anyone or even make a statement against this poo poo. Devs are completely clueless and feckless and have to be jedi-mind-tricked into doing anything. Jalpha is a poster there who seems to be an open pedophile. There are a handful of other equally problematic posters and they ALL post in EVERY. SINGLE. THREAD. to give their 2 cents and boost their post count. For every post that these people make there are at least 4 other posters calling them a pedo and poo poo, it's impossible to have a normal thread. It's loving hell and I would never in good conscience point anyone to play this game.

Here's an example of the type of posting fare that is not uncommon to see. TW: homophobia

So anyways, anyone wanna play together? They added a cool new 'doomsday stream' that jumps around to random players. I actually really love this stream and hope they keep it around, wish it had some sound though.
https://twitch.tv/dolda2000

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Ultima Online 2 lookin' pretty sweet

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Brass posted:

There's been a lot of drama this year as it seemed to be a push to get these toxic people out of the community, but the devs are pretty much libertarian swedes or someshit and won't permaban anyone or even make a statement against this poo poo. Devs are completely clueless and feckless and have to be jedi-mind-tricked into doing anything.
Yea sounds like the kind of poo poo they would allow to fester.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SweetBro
May 12, 2014

Man imagine getting probated for a thread title you can't edit from so long ago, that neither the slang rule it violated nor the moderation team even existed back then. Couldn't happen to me :eyeroll:

Brass posted:

How long did you last in W13? I will probably be playing in W14, but it's really hard to find a group that I vibe with. Lots of spergs, undesirables, and kids. I played solo for about 3 weeks and then just gave up. There's too much for one person to do, you have to either play with multiple people, use bots/learn to code, and/or run multiple accounts. I've played in at least 4 or 5 worlds by now but I've only ever had a serious village for one, and that was a ton of fun (in W11 iirc).

About a month and a half. Yeah, I have a similar issue with the HnH pubbie community. There's too much problematic chud energy and the prevalence of bots means that unless you're with a group you'll get outpaced pretty hard regardless of how many mechanics the devs try to add while avoiding the obvious solution of just banning bots. Might be a good idea to try and meet-up early on regardless. Maybe we'll actually get a decent goon group this time around since it's a massive game draught anyways. If nothing else, we can enjoy kicking down a few sandcastles before some poopsocker with 10k statted toons roll through us and we all collective rage quit.