Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
So, first off, yes, I'm an idiot and this is probably a bad idea, etc etc. This is very solidly at the "wild hair up my rear end" stage, and I'm making this thread primarily because I don't really know what the hell kind of undertaking this would be in practice.

Anyways, some background. I live in the Houston area, and despite being the third most populated city in America, somehow, our indie movie theater scene sucks rear end. We've got a grand total of two; there's an Alamo Drafthouse, which is really cool and does a lot of fun poo poo and is a great place to see movies, but it's located in Katy of all places, which is kind of out of the way. The other one is the River Oaks Theatre, which is tiny, leans ultra-arthouse, and only tends to show anything "fun" in their midnight screening series, which is a PITA to get to since they're located deep downtown.

Given that, again, there's an absurd number of people in this city, this leads me to believe there's an opening that might be potentially fun and profitable to fill. But I also, frankly, have no clue what the poo poo I'd be looking at in order to fill that void. Does anyone here have any experience doing something along these lines?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

look up a guy called logansryche on the bitcointalk forums, he has some relevant experience to share with you.