Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wutang-Yutani
Nov 21, 2019

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

ANUSTART posted:

have you tried a sponge with soap and water to clean it?

This isn't the saucer cleaning thread.
But yes, and you need scalding hot water to melt the caked on butter oil, not effective, soap does nothing for oil.

I'm beginning to see why no-one taught me how to butter bread, because you all suck at it.

Can't believe I wasted my time trying to impart wisdom to you bunch of saucer clowns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?
Get a mug of water and microwave it for like 1-2 min. Pour out the water an invert the mug over a few reasonably thin slices of butter. Toast the bread. By the time the bread is done the butter will be perfectly soft.

marathon Stairmaster sesh
Apr 28, 2009

ALL HAIL CEO NUGGET
1988-PRESENT

Just buy a paintbrush and paint the butter on the freshly baked bread loaf OP.

Wutang-Yutani
Nov 21, 2019

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
You people sicken me.

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

I always thought you rubbed the bread directly on the block of butter

Wutang-Yutani
Nov 21, 2019

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Guildenstern Mother posted:

Get a mug of water and microwave it for like 1-2 min. Pour out the water an invert the mug over a few reasonably thin slices of butter. Toast the bread. By the time the bread is done the butter will be perfectly soft.

OK..

ok...

WHO SAID ANYTHING ABOUT TOAST???

ANY FUCKWIT CAN BUTTER TOAST!!!!

SECONDLY: Your method is flawed, it's way to complex.

PLEASE PEOPLE.. Just try my method, just try it, you'll realize you've been wasting your time your whole life with inferior bread buttering technique.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
You aren't supposed to keep butter in the fridge. Just get yourself one of those old school butter dishes with cover and keep it on the table, that congealed mass of fat won't have time to go bad at a goons hovel.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Wutang-Yutani posted:

soap does nothing for oil.

What

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice
I didn't read your op but the format (at a glance) seemed insufferable

Raldikuk
Apr 7, 2006

I'm bad with money and I want that meatball!

Wutang-Yutani posted:

This isn't the saucer cleaning thread.
But yes, and you need scalding hot water to melt the caked on butter oil, not effective, soap does nothing for oil.

I'm beginning to see why no-one taught me how to butter bread, because you all suck at it.

Can't believe I wasted my time trying to impart wisdom to you bunch of saucer clowns.

Soap is an emulsifier meaning that chemically it has a lipophillic end and a hydrophilic end. The lipo end binds with the oil and hydro end can bind with water allowing you to wash away oils very easily. That's the entire purpose of soap.

As far as a butter dish if you clean it regularly you don't even need soap and water just take a paper towel to it and the tiny amount of butter that is on the dish will be gone and if you can throw it in the dishwasher if you're super paranoid.

The butter dish works by eliminating air flow and it is air that make stuff rancid. By leaving it out in a lidded butter dish you get nice spreadable butter. Your method really only works if the item you're buttering stays hot and if you're ok with taking huge breaks of time in between. I have a family of 4 to feed so waiting a minute for each piece of toast would be unacceptable. At that point it would be better to throw the butter you want in a bowl and microwave it until melty.

Jesustheastronaut!
Mar 9, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
Just put some butter on your knife and breathe heavily on it before spreading. If you have guests, it is customary to offer to breath on their butter for them, however they can choose to breath on their own butter if they prefer

anatomi
Jan 31, 2015

I use a cheese slicer. No spreading required.

FormaldehydeSon
Oct 1, 2011

Just lol if you don't constantly keep a small saucepan filled with butter over a low flame on the stove and just dip your toast wide side down into it so the whole slice instantly gets evenly buttered. Smh goons this is basic life skill stuff

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

luchajones posted:

The company I work for is from India. One of their mandatory trainings was on how to butter bread.

what was the indian company's preferred way of buttering bread? I trust them more than the OP

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Just use ghee. It’s delicious and you keep it in the cupboard.

Wutang-Yutani
Nov 21, 2019

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Why is everyone talking about toast?

And I've tried all these methods you are talking about, sealed containers, heating etc.
They suck.
The trick to my method is that the butter is so thin it warms up super fast, in seconds, like the time it takes you to get whatever you're putting on the sandwich out of the fridge.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
I microwave that butter in a coffee cup ama

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?
in what situation would you be buttering untoasted bread that doesn't even make sense

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Guildenstern Mother posted:

in what situation would you be buttering untoasted bread that doesn't even make sense

Have you never had dinner rolls?

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Keeping a stick of butter in your prison pocket is both fun and resourceful, and keeps the butter soft and the booty well buttered.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Wutang-Yutani posted:

Why is everyone talking about toast?

And I've tried all these methods you are talking about, sealed containers, heating etc.
They suck.
The trick to my method is that the butter is so thin it warms up super fast, in seconds, like the time it takes you to get whatever you're putting on the sandwich out of the fridge.

Make the olive oil butter spread you moron.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

One word: margarine

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

Wutang-Yutani posted:

You're buttering bread to make cold sandwiches? The gently caress.

ghost host
Apr 17, 2010

ain't got no cash
ain't go no style
Use a spoon to spread butter, and all other condiments and spreads.

You're welcome.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
scrape the bar on the toast like an animal

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Wait when during the process do I suck the dick I’m confused

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Wutang-Yutani posted:

soap does nothing for oil.

Soap literally exists to surround oil particles making them easy to remove from surfaces. Like that’s its whole reason for existence. That is exactly what it does.

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
OP let me tell you how I like to spread my congealed cow tit juice

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

I usually skip the other steps and go straight to 4

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

Reene posted:

OP I have some questions about your dick sucking technique

You're already an admin, whatever you're doing must be working fine.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

does the B in GBS now stand for BABIES!!!!!!!

loving grow up OP, nap time is OVER

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES

Wutang-Yutani posted:

My whole life I've been cursing the act of bread buttering, rock-hard butter just tearing the poo poo out of that frail loving bread.
Sure you can get spread, if you like eating poo poo.
Sure you can leave the butter out, if you like rancid poo poo.
I even thought about building some kind of heated bread buttering knife.
Not a single minute of my life would go by without me thinking "There's GOT to be a better way!"

WELL THERE IS!

Here is my guide ( I guess you could call it a LIFEHACK) for perfect buttered bread every time;
1. Gently scrape the knife over the butter to get a thin layer of butter, super thin
2. Place the thin layer of butter on the bread
3. Repeat if you like eating more butter
4. Wait 30 seconds, just suck a dick or something
5. Spread the butter

What else have I been doing wrong my whole life? Is there some way you're meant to eat/sleep I don't know about?

if you think leaving butter out, on a plate or something, to warm and soften makes it rancid, you are a stupid loving dumbass

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Wutang-Yutani posted:

Oh here's another one I recently worked out;
buy a cask of goon (that's cheap wine in a shiny foil bag) or a box of water that has a foil bag inside it
drink all of the water/goon
cut a hole in the foil bag
remove the plastic liner
store lettuce in the foil bag

I have a head of lettuce that's been in there a loving MONTH and it's still pretty good looking.

Throw out that lettuce. Gross.

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES
sorry that was a bit harsh. just put the stick of butter on a covered plate or bowl and it will be fine for a week or more, unless you are using some weird kind of fast-rotting butter

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
I ate some butter from the butter dish on my counter earlier and I’m dead now.

defaultluser
Jan 13, 2007

The person can drink sake for the following five reasons. First of all, for the national holiday. Moreover, it fills with the nectar. Finally, for reasons. Next, to heal the dryness of the place. After that, to refuse the future
Fun Shoe
OP: obviously you lacked this helpful documentary about butter.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

numberoneposter posted:

does the B in GBS now stand for BABIES!!!!!!!

loving grow up OP, nap time is OVER
good butter spreadin

The Clitoris
Jan 29, 2020

Finding it makes all of your dreams come true
Page two and we ain't talking about rubbing that butter across a cheese grater first?

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

bird with big dick posted:

Wait when during the process do I suck the dick I’m confused

After you cover it with butter and stick it in your rear end, hth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

The Clitoris posted:

Page two and we ain't talking about rubbing that butter across a cheese grater first?
you mean we arent talkin about some fool nonsense? good