Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
I’m ghee

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
lol if you don't use one of those upside down in water butter holders. always soft and fresh tasting butter.

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!
- Grape out hard butter from the package straight from the fridge with a spoon.
- Try to spread it on the slice breaking it, making a mess
- crumple it like a peace of paper
- Shove in mouth hole.

Brute Hole Force
Dec 25, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Tip posted:

You're buttering bread to make cold sandwiches? The gently caress.

Good bread, good butter, good salami.

You can thank me later.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Just leave the butter out of the fridge has someone said this??

Flyball
Apr 17, 2003

i am harry posted:

Just leave the butter out of the fridge has someone said this??

OP buys near-rancid butter, which can't be left out without quickly going all the way rancid. He knows that one should never go full rancid, but not that it's possible to purchase fresh butter.

Relayer
Sep 18, 2002
Don't they make some kind of weirdo french butter dish thing where you like have the butter all smashed into this upside down cup, which goes inside another cup that has water in it, and the water prevents oxidation of the butter and keeps it from going rancid for a really long time?

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Relayer posted:

Don't they make some kind of weirdo french butter dish thing where you like have the butter all smashed into this upside down cup, which goes inside another cup that has water in it, and the water prevents oxidation of the butter and keeps it from going rancid for a really long time?

ya they used that for centuries but now people just leave their butter in the fridge and then hack at the near-frozen butter log like a confused ape

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Why don't you just get your manservant to warm the butter up for you like a normal person???

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

OP you need some help tying your friggin shoes OP????

dads_work_files
May 14, 2008

important_document.avi

OP, mayo is always ready to spread, it's the faithful creamy friend that's forever at your command.

Generously slather two slices of bread in mayonnaise (both sides), season with salt and maybe a little pepper, then roll into a tight cylinder and insert.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

spread dem cheeks, OP

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Just buy salted butter if you’re afraid of it going rancid.

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?
I just can't wrap my head around not toasting sandwich bread. You people are animals.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

hemale in pain posted:

Why don't you just get your manservant to warm the butter up for you like a normal person???

Argyle! This sweet cream butter is turgid!

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES

Guildenstern Mother posted:

I just can't wrap my head around not toasting sandwich bread. You people are animals.

in most cases i would agree, but some sammos are quite excellent with two thick spongy slices of fresh sourdough, you know the kind where the bread is slightly cool and smells sweet and sourdough-y and you just want to rub your face on it

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Guildenstern Mother posted:

Some things just don't work on toast. Pimento cheese and PB&J come chiefly to mind.

dads friend steve
Dec 24, 2004

Relayer posted:

Just what my toast needs: wet butter

Relayer
Sep 18, 2002

dads friend steve posted:

Try it my friend. I know, it screams of wet butter but it just doesn't play out that way in the heat of battle.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
PB and j on toast is sublime. especially natural chunky peanut butter with salted butter applied to boath toasts first.

Relayer
Sep 18, 2002
The validity of toasting depends entirely upon the constitution of the bread, the thickness of the bread, the ratio of meat\filling to bread, to cheese (if applicable). You can't reduce toasting to a binary good or bad, you loving idiots.

Flyball
Apr 17, 2003

dads friend steve posted:

The butter and water don't touch each other.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Wutang-Yutani posted:

My whole life I've been cursing the act of bread buttering, rock-hard butter just tearing the poo poo out of that frail loving bread.
Sure you can get spread, if you like eating poo poo.
Sure you can leave the butter out, if you like rancid poo poo.
I even thought about building some kind of heated bread buttering knife.
Not a single minute of my life would go by without me thinking "There's GOT to be a better way!"

WELL THERE IS!

Here is my guide ( I guess you could call it a LIFEHACK) for perfect buttered bread every time;
1. Gently scrape the knife over the butter to get a thin layer of butter, super thin
2. Place the thin layer of butter on the bread
3. Repeat if you like eating more butter
4. Wait 30 seconds, just suck a dick or something
5. Spread the butter

What else have I been doing wrong my whole life? Is there some way you're meant to eat/sleep I don't know about?

You're supposed to tear off a piece and butter it individually (from a small pad you've placed on a side plate), then it doesnt matter.

Buttering your entire bread at once is for boor idiots.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
a knob of butter
a knob

of butter

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
wtf is a butter bell

Obsidianheart
Apr 26, 2017

Throwing off the shadow of a better man.
Put the stick of butter in a ziploc bac.
Put the ziploc bag in your left armpit.
Wait.
Viola!
Warm, spreadable butter always ready.

You could even stick a straw in there and just go nuts.

a_pineapple
Dec 23, 2005

Add a 1 tsp of herbs de Provence to your butter and whip it all together. It’s very delicious and will get you laid. In fact I had a thick piece of sourdough and herbed butter for breakfast this very morning!

dads friend steve
Dec 24, 2004

a_pineapple posted:

Add a 1 tsp of herbs de Provence to your butter and whip it all together. It’s very delicious and will get you laid. In fact I had a thick piece of sourdough and herbed butter for breakfast this very morning!

So do you heat up the sourdough before you gently caress it or?

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
just use olive oil

Number_6
Jul 23, 2006

BAN ALL GAS GUZZLERS

(except for mine)
Pillbug
Y'all are so far behind in your butter (or margarine) spreading technology. The Hot Topper is the modern way to deal with this problem of the ages:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-JmPRKhzO4

Obsidianheart
Apr 26, 2017

Throwing off the shadow of a better man.

Number_6 posted:

Y'all are so far behind in your butter (or margarine) spreading technology. The Hot Topper is the modern way to deal with this problem of the ages:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-JmPRKhzO4

I have never known desire to possess an item as I feel now.

spleen merchant
Jul 1, 2007
Fun Shoe
The secret to buttering bread is a closely guarded one, you're not meant to spread it.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
If you have access to wondrous marvels of technology such as a hair dryer, you may engage it to soften up the icy bricks of butter before chopping at it with a dull knife like a confused ape. I suggest full blow.

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

wtf is a butter bell

That's the bell at the back of the house that the dairymaid rings after she delivers the fresh butter to alert the stillroom maid to bring it inside. After that, the scullery maid brings some to cook, who will add it to the breakfast tray. By the time it gets to table, the toast is stone cold, but at least you didn't have to lift a finger.

dead prez
Sep 22, 2019

Everytime I look around, I see
So much drama goin down
Everytime I look around, I see
So much fakeness goin down
put the knife on a burner for a minute but not to do drugs

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
again heat gun

https://i.imgur.com/AEWhtso.mp4

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Wow where do you get butter shaped like a police car?

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozfxzs_27fI&t=29s

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
"the butter needs to be whipped before it is used"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Yeah, Rancid sucks. Op Ivy is where it's at.