Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
It was really funny that the system didn't understand what Mads was saying, but he said it confidently, so it just gave him points.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

Finale was a yawn for me but I liked the last few episodes enough that I'd love another season just for the chance to replicate what made those episodes so good.

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

I wish I had a sister like my big strong Daddy :(
Is this cancelled due to a lack of news?

Dow e know anything?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

It is a toss up with current HBO. Also being renewed doesn't mean anything since Minx was renewed but got canceled anyway.

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

Mr. Nemo posted:

Is this cancelled due to a lack of news?

Dow e know anything?

Last news I heard was that they aren't officially canceled but the cast contracts expired/released.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

We can have Daisy May Cooper do more roles then.

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Opinions are like a$$holes....everyone has one....but mines the best!!!

muscles like this! posted:

It is a toss up with current HBO. Also being renewed doesn't mean anything since Minx was renewed but got canceled anyway.

Minx was canceled!? Boooo.

BooDooBoo
Jul 14, 2005

That makes no sense to me at all.

https://fi.somethingawful.com/images/gangtags/severancemdr.gif

RestingB1tchFace posted:

Minx was canceled!? Boooo.

They're finishing filming and shopping the second season around.

It was a late cancellation, they had a week left.

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Opinions are like a$$holes....everyone has one....but mines the best!!!

BooDooBoo posted:

They're finishing filming and shopping the second season around.

It was a late cancellation, they had a week left.

So with the filming done....would HBO just write it off rather than finish it? Unfortunate. I really liked that show.

BooDooBoo
Jul 14, 2005

That makes no sense to me at all.

https://fi.somethingawful.com/images/gangtags/severancemdr.gif

RestingB1tchFace posted:

So with the filming done....would HBO just write it off rather than finish it? Unfortunate. I really liked that show.

HBO is part of WB, they're writing off a LOT.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Wait, that's it? The missile episode was the finale? I was traveling for a while and didn't pay attention but it seems that there are no more new episodes. Lame.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Yeah, it wasn’t a finale, just an episode wrapping up that small arc.

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

Toplowtech posted:

Three (four?) levels, a shitton of space, yeah that sound extremly costy and place consuming.

ah, there it is. that beautiful set was what was missing all season, which constantly felt like it was filmed in back hallways with no more than twenty extras at a time. understandable that they wouldn’t rebuild it when the ensemble cast gets more expensive every year (and understandable that they’d scale back on crowds in covid times), but this set was Avenue 5 to the point that its absence subconsciously nagged at me all season, not just because we were frequently asked to imagine thousands of lives in the balance when we never once saw a hundred people onscreen at a single time. I wish they’d done at least a few VFX crowd replacements for scenes where they addressed the whole ship.

still, this is one of the best and funniest shows on TV, a queasy and entirely unique mix of jokes, horror and anxiety, and I look forward to it coming back again soon, or not. who knows.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Well, show has officially been canceled by HBO.

It's been a fun run, out the airlock with all of you.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Proper news link

https://twitter.com/ew/status/1624201556638814208

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro
This headline feels more in the spirit of the show:

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/hbo-suddenly-remembers-hadnt-canceled-015600736.html

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

I don’t know why but I’m still blindsided we’re never going to see a resolution to this show. Even a ten second YouTube clip of a spaceship full of skeletons would be something at least

Neon Noodle
Nov 11, 2016

there's nothing wrong here in montana
Oddly I am pleased with this outcome, the whole show is a metaphor for our dumbass society, and we don’t know how that’s going to end either.

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

ruddiger posted:

I don’t know why but I’m still blindsided we’re never going to see a resolution to this show. Even a ten second YouTube clip of a spaceship full of skeletons would be something at least

I like to think of it as a prequel to Raised by Wolves

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007
What the HELL? That's my cutting board.

ruddiger posted:

Watch Aniara.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Hughmoris posted:

I like to think of it as a prequel to Raised by Wolves

:popeye:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify