Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mutantIke
Oct 24, 2022

Born in '04
Certified Zoomer
Had no clue this was back on the air. Quite liked the first season, too. Is HBO advertising it at all?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Beefeater1980 posted:

Matt has this amazing intense energy, like he’s seriously coked up but also constantly about thirty seconds away from a total nervous breakdown.

Zach Woods is great.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

It was extremely funny how the TV show changed up the whole pedo thing.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Zach Woods is great. He's also good in Silicon Valley.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDFzhg1dLpg

Cojawfee fucked around with this message at 06:09 on Oct 26, 2022

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Cojawfee posted:

That dude fucks

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Cojawfee posted:

In Veep too! Though a much smaller role, he was Amy's boyfriend I think? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unlS-MmCvLI

E: he's in the movie "Spin Me Round" too, being his usual dorky self.

mobby_6kl fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Oct 30, 2022

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Okay, this last episode ("Is It a Good Dot?") was just hitting on all cylinders. This show is sometimes hit-or-miss for me but this time out, everything worked. The jokes all landed, and the cast finally got to all come together and show off their comedic chemistry as a group. (Except Iris was still off doing her own thing, but hey, she's back now!)

mutantIke
Oct 24, 2022

Born in '04
Certified Zoomer
Just finished S1 and the joke of Hugh Laurie playing a British guy who has to play an American guy when that is what he did for House just hit me. Am I stupid

DJ_Mindboggler
Nov 21, 2013

mutantIke posted:

Just finished S1 and the joke of Hugh Laurie playing a British guy who has to play an American guy when that is what he did for House just hit me. Am I stupid

Not just House, he's an American Senator in Veep. I think the joke was just that Hugh Laurie gets cast as an American a lot. The first accent break in S1 was a great moment.

mutantIke
Oct 24, 2022

Born in '04
Certified Zoomer
BTW the ending of S1E8 was one of the most hilariously grim things I've seen in a TV show and if S2 manages to one-up that I will be seriously impressed

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

DJ_Mindboggler posted:

Not just House, he's an American Senator in Veep. I think the joke was just that Hugh Laurie gets cast as an American a lot. The first accent break in S1 was a great moment.

I definitely remember thinking "huh, why's his accent so bad at times? Hugh Laurie's usually so good at that."

Neon Noodle
Nov 11, 2016

there's nothing wrong here in montana
Yeah there was that line last episode about him saying "Your grandmother is dying" in his House voice and I thought it was a very funny meta-joke.

mutantIke
Oct 24, 2022

Born in '04
Certified Zoomer
The subreddit for the show is insufferable. It's half people getting hung-up on nitpicks and half people missing obvious plot points as if they just have the show on while folding laundry. One of the worst I've seen, easily. (S2 is good so far, even if you can feel the tighter budget.)

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
Psyched for a new ep tonight! Loved the reveal of the last one, which also explained why no one would have known about another ship in the area.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
Awwh gently caress. We're finally at the fireworks show.

Hawkperson
Jun 20, 2003

I need a gif of everything Zach Woods did this week. Great episode.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

When the Judd Actor talked about the lithium shortage on the show I thought they did some weird AI faceswap or something that threw me a bit. I was even more confused when the credits rolled and the dude playing the dude playing Judd (phew) is a friend of mine, and I hadn't recognized him at all this season.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

EL BROMANCE posted:

When the Judd Actor talked about the lithium shortage on the show I thought they did some weird AI faceswap or something that threw me a bit. I was even more confused when the credits rolled and the dude playing the dude playing Judd (phew) is a friend of mine, and I hadn't recognized him at all this season.

It was a face swap. He was originally another guy, but Judd wanted it to be his face, so they replace the guy's face with Judd's.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

We've reached new levels of goon face blindness.

mutantIke
Oct 24, 2022

Born in '04
Certified Zoomer
I could tell it was Judd's face because the sight of Josh Gad throws me into a blind, animalistic rage

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!
Not really feeling this season, unfortunately. Almost feels like the writers and actors are phoning it in.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Cojawfee posted:

It was a face swap. He was originally another guy, but Judd wanted it to be his face, so they replace the guy's face with Judd's.

Ah! I must’ve missed that line, thanks for clearing it up. My gut instinct was something along those lines, glad I wasn’t going insane!

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Hughmoris posted:

Not really feeling this season, unfortunately. Almost feels like the writers and actors are phoning it in.

I don't think they're phoning it in, but I was expecting far more bloodshed from this season and less of a holding pattern.

I'm still absolutely certain that violence is coming -- that crushed foot was surprisingly gnarly for a comedy, and the moment when the crowd starting turning on Frank and then Karen was a bit nervy -- but it's felt like they're holding back. I was 100% expecting, for instance, John Finnamore's pilot to be murdered thanks to a misunderstanding with Doug's foot.

Where are my space klaxons!?? :mad:

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Who is the fake judd?

e: Also I hope vfx woman has second (third) thoughts about the airlock

Milo and POTUS fucked around with this message at 10:29 on Nov 2, 2022

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

I really like that all Judd needed to add to get what he wanted was "...out of lithium and that means no more portable phones for all of us!"

MadJackal
Apr 30, 2004

S2E3: "Obviously, I do not want this on my record, but... release the pedophile."

And then he's in the loving hamster ball / nonce sphere.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

This show seems to always leave me speechless.

This entire episode made me think back to episode 1 of this season when Judd raised his hand and said "I have a question, [what the gently caress?!"

Edit: Billy was my favorite candidate. She told the voters the hard truths.

limp_cheese fucked around with this message at 05:09 on Nov 8, 2022

Beefeater1980
Sep 12, 2008

My God, it's full of Horatios!

I guess I knew this already because of all his other work but gently caress Armando Ianucci has a depressing view of the world.

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007
What the HELL? That's my cutting board.

Beefeater1980 posted:

I guess I knew this already because of all his other work but gently caress Armando Ianucci has a depressing view of the world.

It really strikes an Aniara vibe for me, a ship goes off course into the great beyond and has to deal with the consequences. However, he has put his own touches on it with re-elect Ryan, Dusky Musk and a Protonmissile.

I can't wait to see what drops next.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Gonna laugh if ryan ends up in a 3 way marriage with charles and elena

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
This show just keeps getting better.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
TOTOPOTUS is the purest nightmare fuel, good grief.

I was really hoping Blinky Ben might eat the baby.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
What incredible timing of the election episode. Also loving hilarious.

2nd Amendment
Jun 9, 2022

by Pragmatica
I voted for virtual effects.

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

that was an incredible episode from beginning to end. really well done

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
I liked that episode, and particularly the ending, a lot. It was pretty good.

But, that said, I still think they're playing it way too safe. I have difficulty imagining that this season could produce something as tense as the air lock or comedy night sequences from the first season.

What are people's thoughts?

Bucswabe
May 2, 2009

Open Source Idiom posted:

But, that said, I still think they're playing it way too safe. I have difficulty imagining that this season could produce something as tense as the air lock or comedy night sequences from the first season.

The fact that Matt is building a revolutionary army to ensure his people are fed, and to overthrow Ryan, tells me we may get some insanity that tops the airlock sequence, but it remains to be seen.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

I don't usually watch previews but I caught one for the coming episode and it looks like Matt is putting together a coup or just some kind of reactionary force that will cause things to descend into madness.

Either way the candidate who is insane and running on a pro crossbow platform is probably going to gently caress things up regardless.

I'm honestly thinking the main flash point will be Ryan uaving a meltdown because everyone believes he is TV Ryan now and are upset he isn't acting more like the ficrional character.

THIS_IS_FINE
May 21, 2001

Slippery Tilde
Zack Woods is slowly going insane and I'm here for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

Open Source Idiom posted:

The airlock scene didn’t come until episode 8. This season already has way more going on, and more tension than season 1 did at episode 4.