Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chubby Henparty
Aug 13, 2007

Great op, thank you. I'm still confused about whether I like this show or not, based on whether or not it's the show I wanted it to be vs what it is, which is on me.

Part of that is, I think, because the characters in The Thick of It, and Veep were, in my mind, vaguely nominally competent and there for a reason, even Malcolm is at his heart an idealist. If literally everyone except for Billie (maybe Rav?) is a buffoon it's a different show than what I'm used to from Ianucci. Again, that's on me to get past.

Chubby Henparty fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Feb 29, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chubby Henparty
Aug 13, 2007

That's fair - that could definitely all be future society, with just enough relatable realness poking through like the captain's marital woes.

Chubby Henparty
Aug 13, 2007

Ok I'm fully on board after the last one, everything landed for me. Maybe it was played broader? Trying not to overthink it.

Goon faceblindness moment: wish the two tom arnold lookin husbands...weren't so much.

Chubby Henparty
Aug 13, 2007

It was kinda weird that the lawyer just wandered below decks to serve the divorce papers, after they'd made such a big deal about keeping it all hidden.

Chubby Henparty fucked around with this message at 13:11 on Mar 3, 2020

Chubby Henparty
Aug 13, 2007

Open Source Idiom posted:

Holy gently caress the next episode leaked and holy gently caress holy gently caress.

gently caress gently caress gently caress I feel bad for Matt?

Avenue 5: storeroom cum clubhouse

Chubby Henparty fucked around with this message at 11:07 on Mar 5, 2020

Chubby Henparty
Aug 13, 2007

Comrade Fakename posted:

Sorry to dredge up a somewhat old post, but holy poo poo, Malcolm is absolutely not an idealist in his heart. I don’t think you understood that programme.

I'm sure there's a late episode where Malcolm has a relatively quiet moment and explains that everything he does is because he absolutely believes in the labour party and what it should be doing. It's a tell vs show moment but it's more than Jamie or the Fucker (who may very well just be in it for the violence) get.

Chubby Henparty
Aug 13, 2007

Why does Clark need to pilot the ship into dock again? Apart from it being a good thing for captains to be able to do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chubby Henparty
Aug 13, 2007

Same, thanks all!