Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
XTREME FOOTBALL LEAGUE

GO WILDCATS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.
Wikdcats have taken the lead. Looking forward to the eventual implosion from the Guardians.

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot
I think this is the least interesting game this week but I'm still going to mostly watch it.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Jesus the stands are just desolate.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

K8.0 posted:

I think this is the least interesting game this week but I'm still going to mostly watch it.

Really? I like the WIldcats. I guess the game could be boring if they dominate but we'll see

What do you think is the most interesting game this week? I haven't checked the schedule

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Perrz still looks rough, but he's playing better than McCloin was

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

I expect one of the Sunday games to be the most interesting this week. I think vipers/defenders has a lot of potential because they're headed in opposite directions and this may be the intersection of momentum. I agree LA is interesting as potentially rising team after last week, but their week schedule for the next few weeks makes them relatively uninteresting. If they win 3 straight, their week 7/8 matchups have a lot of potential to be really exciting.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
Did they have nowhere else to play these games besides MetLife Stadium? The one sideline shot earlier with the absolutely empty stands in the background looked pretty embarrassing.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Dr. Abysmal posted:

Did they have nowhere else to play these games besides MetLife Stadium? The one sideline shot earlier with the absolutely empty stands in the background looked pretty embarrassing.

Should have been playing in Red Bull Arena

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Yeah, Metlife is just way too big for the Guardians. It doesn't look like they covered the seats on the upper levels, either

Play
Apr 25, 2006

K8.0 posted:

I expect one of the Sunday games to be the most interesting this week. I think vipers/defenders has a lot of potential because they're headed in opposite directions and this may be the intersection of momentum. I agree LA is interesting as potentially rising team after last week, but their week schedule for the next few weeks makes them relatively uninteresting. If they win 3 straight, their week 7/8 matchups have a lot of potential to be really exciting.

Fair enough! You've definitely put some thought into this

The Texas matchup looks pretty good although I wouldn't be remotely surprised if the Roughnecks blew them out badly

If Seattle can get anything going their game against St. Louis could be decent too. St. Louis has been solid but they can still be challenged

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
Perez makes risky throws but man he's one of like 3 quarterbacks in this league that make throws

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Shinji2015 posted:

Yeah, Metlife is just way too big for the Guardians. It doesn't look like they covered the seats on the upper levels, either

It's cold and snowing a tiny bit, too

Raku posted:

Perez makes risky throws but man he's one of like 3 quarterbacks in this league that make throws

Yeah he can make throws. He's just slow and awkward kinda. McGloin made tons of throws week 1 then fell apart so who knows

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Love that they're willing to discuss whether the rules are even a good idea in real time. It's so refreshing compared to the referee ego bullshit combined with the NFL protect the shield bullshit that was the 2019 NFL season.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

lets go luis

Play
Apr 25, 2006

By the way there are full XFL games on youtube. Which is pretty nice for if you miss a game or want something to watch during the commercials

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
lol they missed a "gently caress"

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
perez is better than daniel jones

Play
Apr 25, 2006

"we got a lotta cameras. we can find you if we want to"

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

I’m watching spring training and the xfl side by side what a world

Play
Apr 25, 2006

luis perez wears the same pair of underpants for every game...

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Nice speech coach

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

This is so goddamn good. 90% bleeped hype speech, kawaii guardians players.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Pakled posted:

Nice speech coach

that was so good oh my goodness. it's just those little dumb moments and tidbits that make the xfl fun for me

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

Establish the Buns

Tuned in just a bit ago in time to see Luis Perez throw a TD. Anything else interesting happen the first half of this game?

WEH posted:

I'm watching spring training and the xfl side by side what a world

Same but I've gotta watch the Cubs broadcast since the Brewers only have this game on the radio :argh:

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

ThePeavstenator posted:

Same but I've gotta watch the Cubs broadcast since the Brewers only have this game on the radio :argh:

Literally in the same boat gently caress these moron broadcasters go brewers!!

Play
Apr 25, 2006

wow nice return lmao

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

Establish the Buns

that was severely underthrown

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

oh lads

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

Lmfaooo

Play
Apr 25, 2006

well the win last week had a lot to do with all those picks the wildcats defense made

lol throwing the flag back at the ref

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

You shouldn’t get an extra flag if you throw the flag the official hits you with

Play
Apr 25, 2006

begged for the flag and got it though. bad penalty to begin with it looked like

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Lol good job ref

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

Most casual sack ever

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

They should add a rule that if you catch a flag thrown against you, it doesn't count.

Also that was the slowest sack I've ever seen. QB was wrapped up for like 4 seconds before he went down.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

josh johnson cussing up a storm lol

Mr. Carrier Pigeon
Aug 22, 2013

Those birds certainly know what they're doin'!
2nd&30 holy moly

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

I will, brother. I promise.

Pillbug
oh you cowards should have gone for three.. I don't care that you made it :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

Establish the Buns

lol guardians