Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot
I think this is the least interesting game this week but I'm still going to mostly watch it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

I expect one of the Sunday games to be the most interesting this week. I think vipers/defenders has a lot of potential because they're headed in opposite directions and this may be the intersection of momentum. I agree LA is interesting as potentially rising team after last week, but their week schedule for the next few weeks makes them relatively uninteresting. If they win 3 straight, their week 7/8 matchups have a lot of potential to be really exciting.

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Love that they're willing to discuss whether the rules are even a good idea in real time. It's so refreshing compared to the referee ego bullshit combined with the NFL protect the shield bullshit that was the 2019 NFL season.

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

This is so goddamn good. 90% bleeped hype speech, kawaii guardians players.

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

They should add a rule that if you catch a flag thrown against you, it doesn't count.

Also that was the slowest sack I've ever seen. QB was wrapped up for like 4 seconds before he went down.

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

That was an excellent clownshow ending. If we weren't going to get a tie, that was the next best thing.

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Spaced God posted:

I'm sad that this league is going to die however i'm happy that we got to see that horrific hook and ladder play with like nine illegal forward passes

I'm somewhat hopeful that the XFL can survive. Even in week 3 TV ratings were still fine, beating out other sports broadcasts easily with every game. In march things will slow down because of college basketball and then MLB, but I expect we're going to see a decent bump for the playoffs. Given Vince McMahon's seeming willingness to sink money into this for several years and the fact that it's not doing horrible, IDK if the XFL is going to die. It may eventually find its home as a b league and place where guys go who want to leave college but aren't NFL draft eligible yet. It'll never make NFL money, but it doesn't have to to be a success.

Jesus christ this game is starting as a complete clownshow.

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Game owns, battlehawks own, XFL good.

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Aaand the Battlehawks are losing me with this pathetic playcalling.

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Team from Seattle has embraced Jesus, midwest loses all hope.

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Yeah no one is really getting punished for it yet because all the coaches are being cowards. Eventually someone is going to start being consistently aggressive during that period, and other teams will have to respond or lose games.

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Landry Blowns

It's unfortunate to see a guy's career ending in real time but it's still funny.

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

That's not a touchdown. What a gift by the refs.

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

LOL just when it looked like Houston was done.

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Shinjobi posted:

The Renegades are bad

Their offense is bad. To give up 5 turnovers and only lose by 7 to the best team in the league is impressive by their defense.

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

WEH posted:

Woo now for the Tampa Bay Boogers to get shithoused by DC

I actually kinda expect the Vipers to win. They're bad, but they've been showing signs of improvement, and DC loving SUCKED last week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

DOUBLEPICK!