Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
XTREME FOOTBALL LEAGUE

GO WILDCATS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Play
Apr 25, 2006

K8.0 posted:

I think this is the least interesting game this week but I'm still going to mostly watch it.

Really? I like the WIldcats. I guess the game could be boring if they dominate but we'll see

What do you think is the most interesting game this week? I haven't checked the schedule

Play
Apr 25, 2006

K8.0 posted:

I expect one of the Sunday games to be the most interesting this week. I think vipers/defenders has a lot of potential because they're headed in opposite directions and this may be the intersection of momentum. I agree LA is interesting as potentially rising team after last week, but their week schedule for the next few weeks makes them relatively uninteresting. If they win 3 straight, their week 7/8 matchups have a lot of potential to be really exciting.

Fair enough! You've definitely put some thought into this

The Texas matchup looks pretty good although I wouldn't be remotely surprised if the Roughnecks blew them out badly

If Seattle can get anything going their game against St. Louis could be decent too. St. Louis has been solid but they can still be challenged

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Shinji2015 posted:

Yeah, Metlife is just way too big for the Guardians. It doesn't look like they covered the seats on the upper levels, either

It's cold and snowing a tiny bit, too

Raku posted:

Perez makes risky throws but man he's one of like 3 quarterbacks in this league that make throws

Yeah he can make throws. He's just slow and awkward kinda. McGloin made tons of throws week 1 then fell apart so who knows

Play
Apr 25, 2006

By the way there are full XFL games on youtube. Which is pretty nice for if you miss a game or want something to watch during the commercials

Play
Apr 25, 2006

"we got a lotta cameras. we can find you if we want to"

Play
Apr 25, 2006

luis perez wears the same pair of underpants for every game...

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Pakled posted:

Nice speech coach

that was so good oh my goodness. it's just those little dumb moments and tidbits that make the xfl fun for me

Play
Apr 25, 2006

wow nice return lmao

Play
Apr 25, 2006

well the win last week had a lot to do with all those picks the wildcats defense made

lol throwing the flag back at the ref

Play
Apr 25, 2006

begged for the flag and got it though. bad penalty to begin with it looked like

Play
Apr 25, 2006

josh johnson cussing up a storm lol

Play
Apr 25, 2006

harris is quick. LA should run it to him a bit more

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Shinji2015 posted:

The stadium music is on point.

I'm disappointed that LA lost, but that was a great way to end it

Yeah it was pretty good, although the game really slowed down at times. Gonna clean the house and kinda watch this next one :)

Play
Apr 25, 2006

WEH posted:

If nothing else besides their QB the battlehawks at least have clean home unis

yeah those are good looking helmets. I like their scheme too, all the zone read and RPO stuff is fun

Play
Apr 25, 2006

ThePeavstenator posted:

Joel Klatt is having some difficulty saying "Ta'amu"

it's different literally every time lol

Play
Apr 25, 2006

CBJSprague24 posted:

This league is so gung-ho when it comes to betting. Every broadcast is like GAMMMMMMMMMBLLLLLLLLLE.

Is anyone laying down money on games in this league at this point?

someone somewhere is, I'm sure. such is the nature of gambling. honestly, there's really no reason why you would gamble on NFL stuff vs XFL, it's all the same basically

Daniels is much more fun to watch than Silvers

Play
Apr 25, 2006

ite im back can't wait to waste another few hours

Play
Apr 25, 2006

it's funny to think that Steelers fans actually thought Landry Jones might be a legit starter

i started writing this post before the interception but the points stands obviously

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Shinji2015 posted:

It's funny to think that in Week 1, the XFL was expecting Jones to be the star of the league. They were talking about that in the St. Louis/Dallas game that Jones had to sit out, and I was like "...really? Him?"

Yeah same. Dude's slower than a 37 year old Ben Roethlisberger yet doesn't have any of that player's abilities. His passes aren't that accurate, he's slow as all gently caress and unathletic in general, basically just doesn't have a whole lot to recommend him.

Similarly to the AAF we're seeing a lot of success in the XFL from quarterbacks who can MOVE, which is basically the opposite of Jones.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

that one wasn't totally his fault I mean Ferguson should've caught that. Still an awkward, inadvisable throw

Play
Apr 25, 2006

hhaha number three

landry drones, ladies and gentlemen (that's what the announcer just called him)

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Spaced God posted:

"Is that mic on? Tell Landry Jones to gently caress off"

beautiful

is that what they said? I couldn't really hear it but that's hilarious

Play
Apr 25, 2006

well this game seems over lol. gonna play some mortal kombat and watch the highlights later

Play
Apr 25, 2006

oh my god thats a fumble

Play
Apr 25, 2006

can't believe they just let that continue, are touchdowns not automatically reviewed maybe like they are in the NFL?

Play
Apr 25, 2006

these refs will flag anything christ. just beg for a flag and you'll get it

e: luckily, they picked that one up but it's happened several times

Play
Apr 25, 2006

haha kyler murray is there for some reason

Play
Apr 25, 2006