Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is your first pick in the deputy leadership race?
This poll is closed.
R. Allin-Khan 6 1.60%
R. Burgon 80 21.33%
D. Butler 72 19.20%
A. Rayner 35 9.33%
I. Murray 5 1.33%
P. Flaps 177 47.20%
Total: 375 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

lol

https://twitter.com/DPJHodges/status/1234028035004882945?s=20

https://twitter.com/DPJHodges/status/1234155828711698432?s=20

https://twitter.com/DPJHodges/status/1234158245335441416?s=20

:qq:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

forkboy84 posted:

Did they invite Sturgeon?

Article I read said representatives of devolved regions were allowed to phone into the meeting, so not in person no

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

NotJustANumber99 posted:

They should all be working from home anyway.

Not being in the same room as the cabinet is merciful as well

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

ThomasPaine posted:

I'm genuinely worried for the sizable number of Chinese (and Asian in general, because yes racism) students in Britain, and in particular the significant number who don't speak particularly great English and can't effectively communicate particularly under duress. They don't deserve the inevitable poo poo that's going to be flung at them as a result of the coronavirus stuff. Even outside of that, the reception we give them as a nation is loving embarrassing when compared to how westerners are treated over there in general.

Yeah my friend's Chinese dad has had a big decline in customers at the restaurant he works at, and has had people moving away from him on buses and the like.

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

Communist Thoughts posted:

Plz stop talking about corona virus scary poo poo at bed time

are there any non scary things going on in uk politics

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

I love this type of policy. policies that everyone knows are stupid as poo poo but they don't want to back down and admit it. I hope they do try to make a tunnel through the rough seas full of unexploded ordinance. to allow a journey nobody wants to make that takes longer and is less convenient than taking the ferry or a flight.

Guavanaut posted:

I can definitely remember that HSBC tried doing their own notes years ago, including a £100 note, or announced that they might.

I'm not sure if this was UK wide or it was just in NI where there's no such thing as legal tender and random banks appear to issue whatever they please, but I can't find anything more about it.

it's just scotland and NI that allow different banks to make their own notes. the english and welsh just have bank of england ones with the queen on them.

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

I'd be ok with remaining in the UK if Scotland got it's own immigration policy, and also all the other foreign and domestic policies.

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

forkboy84 posted:

At some point Sunset Joe is going to forget it's not the 1950s and say the n word.

So he does have a chance of beating Trump?

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

Angepain posted:

being able to take an irish sea channel tunnel from glasgow to ireland does sound pretty cool. much better than the supposed great benefit having slightly less bother with the ferry when driving over. admittedly i know absolutely nothing about the practical details of the feasibility of engineering any of this crap

It would be a few hours drive on small country roads from Glasgow. Transport links aren’t great on the NI side either. End up taking much longer than the ferry.

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

loving finally closing the schools. Christ, Sturgeon has been so bad during this whole thing, just going along with Boris' insane murderous plans.

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

My first day working from home today. It's half an hour before my shift starts and I'm eating a sandwich in my underwear and reading the UKMT. A new age.

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

Jose posted:

Oh god Rachel reeves is rumoured to be starmers choice for shadow chancellor

Thought this said Rachel Riley

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

so is anyone actually going to do the "boo for boris" or was it just a counter to the 'clap for boris" thing?

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

keep punching joe posted:

Ruth is a loving idiot.

Yeah she only seems competent in comparison to other tories and to SLab

Pablo Bluth posted:

I see the German death numbers are now following everyone else's after the "Why aren't Germans dying" puzzlement. Turns out they were just behind us.

probably somethign to do with them and japan being the two countries with the most ventilators per patient (the UK is behind Italy on this)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

I wonder if the Italian guy who was 3D printing replacement ventilator components that saved dozens of lives is still getting sued for it by the ventilator company lol